Thailand’s Tourism Sector Seeks to Reopen Country by 1 July

webfact

Like everyone been reading about all the idea's being thrown majority of them has to do with the 14 day quarantine this is the first that is a concern to me and that is the required insurance being mentioned.

I hope they not only get rid of the 14 day quarantine but also the required insurance! 

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Children (who are one of the worst virus spreaders) will not be vaccinated against Covid.

So......if you have kids.........your not going to have a holiday as unvaccinated kids cannot get a vaccine passport.   And if anyone says they do not need it....................

Utter madness..............children are little ovens for virus and spread virus more than adults do.

So................no families with kids welcome in Thailand ?  Or maybe put the kids into 14 days quarantine and then pick them up when leaving again ??????????

Just leave the infected toddlers there , some what the same as the mexicans

8 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Think of all those 100 year old, 90 year old, 80 year old, 70 year old, morbidly obese, sick high risk people who have been vaccinated.........all rushing to go on holiday !!!!!!!!

Meanwhile all the people with money who normally go on holiday and who are under 50 and so not vaccinated, are all not welcome.

You speak for yourself buddy. I'm not in any of those age groups and I'm having my first jab on Sunday with the second booked for 25 May.  I'll be at the front of the queue if this ever gets passed.

I can't speak for other countries but many areas of the UK are well in front with their vaccination programmes now - my mate in Leeds had his last week and he's 48.  Keep up!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Children (who are one of the worst virus spreaders) will not be vaccinated against Covid.

So......if you have kids.........your not going to have a holiday as unvaccinated kids cannot get a vaccine passport.   And if anyone says they do not need it....................

Utter madness..............children are little ovens for virus and spread virus more than adults do.

So................no families with kids welcome in Thailand ?  Or maybe put the kids into 14 days quarantine and then pick them up when leaving again ??????????

@RR2020 Be quite a few parents happy with that????

• Haha 1

This is the third time this subject has been mooted - twice by the TAT and now this proposal.  Chan-o-Cha is supposed to be 'mulling it over' and if he accepts it - you can be sure there will be conditions.

What's the betting your 'vaccine passport' - whatever form that is in, has to be translated into Thai and the translation submitted to the MFA for legalisation ????.

I don't know why we bloody bother having an international language - seems to be no point in Thailand.

6 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Cyprus has just done this. Countries are coded different colours. Vaccinated tourists from green list countries are welcome. 

Ditto Greece, Bulgaria, Georgia. 

We shall see soon enough. 

I think once other countries see that there's no problem they'll own up too. 

Cyprus has arrangements with Greece and Israel currently. UK will be included once infection rate drops further

Estonia allows fully vaccinated people in (from 10 Feb)

The Seychelles are planning to remove all quarantine for vaxed (but will also still need a negative PCR test)

Iceland will allowed vaxed people in from 1st May (and those who have recovered from a dose)

Romania are allowing in vaxed people if the 2nd jab was more than 10 days before travel

Georgia allow vaxed in (from 1st Feb)

Poland allowed vaxed in but with a negative test (PCR or antigen) done within 48 hours of arrival.

Greece and Spain are both considering allowing vaxed UK tourists in by this summer

List compiled 26th Feb.

All a bit academic for UK folk as international tourist travel is still banned and likely to be so until 17th May.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RR2020 said:

I won't miss the rug rats at all

I'm hoping tourism starts to recover in May.

Global daily Covid cases have plummeted since the beginning of the year, and the vaccine cavalry is coming around the bend. Expect media will change their tune somewhat during March and itchy, travel deprived folk to make bookings during April for May.

The Professor of Medicine at John Hopkins University has boldly predicted Covid be essentially under control in the US by end of April. He has his detractors - so many experts don't want to lose their role too soon haha. Anyway, we'll see how Prof Makary's forecast holds up. The global graphs though are very promising ???? 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/wsj-herd-immunity-by-april-fact-check-covid-herd-immunity-wall-street-journal-herd-immunity-article-johns-hopkins-fact-check-from-experts-verify/65-1d9f7209-c8be-4c6d-a11e-f5a1a5be7941

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.03.06 PM.jpg

Edited by Donga

10 hours ago, petermik said:

April/October now July...another day another forecast...get your act together please :jap:

If not in July so most likely in October ... :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

If not in July so most likely in October as October has been my planned arrivel month for this year since last year... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

9 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Believe it are not they have done a bit of research and teachers, adults, are more likely to be the major spreaders in the class room. Passing it among other teachers in the lounge and then onto their students and family.

It's depressing listening to this daily tripe coming out of the very individuals who were destroying the tourist industry well before the very convenient excuse of C19 turned up.......

And just like an Isaan bar girl who's just realized that she's lost the best punter she's ever had they're crying their eyes out and desperately tharashing around trying to get the meal ticket back......... Som nam naa lads..... Couldn't of happened to a more deserving bunch.......  #@$%$#@#$% !  

Remember this ?   This was when the streets of Bkk were full every night with paying punters 24 hrs a day...... And you destroyed it all for what ?   Pie in the sky get rich quick dreams......    Honestly....... 

One of the most popular bars in Bkk, bulldozed down and it's now a car park...... Keep crying boys, i'm laughing my Henry halls off !   

Charlies....jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

The Brits and French didn't want to colonize Thailand...The Thais just sat back and took it up the Jacksy from both of them, giving away territory, allowing land ownership to Brits etc....history dosnt lie.

Yeah they should of let us run it, they might of had another Hong Kong or Singapore on their hands instead of this Somchai nightmare..... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Haha 1

I wanted to go over in May not July why would I leave a great summer at home to a place that is hot as fire in the summer - I just as well wait till October or November at this rate or go somewhere else. I usually go over 3 times a year. I just wish they would make a decision I should be vaccinated in April ready to fly out in may or I will just go somewhere else 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

To ensure the safe reopening of Thailand, the petition argues that “international tourists can be asked to satisfy any safeguards the Thai Government may require. This may, for example, include showing officially recognised proof of a Covid-19 vaccination from their home country, purchasing health insurance, showing proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of departure, and so on.”

As long as they require quarantine, health insurance ans COE, I will not go back to Thailand. Dropping the junta would be a plus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Or don't pick them up anymore.