Thailand’s Tourism Sector Seeks to Reopen Country by 1 July

webfact

46 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

True, but latest studies are showing that the vaccinated reduce transmission by around two thirds. I think common sense will prevail as more and more places open successfully. 

What it means therefore is one third of all vaccinated people can and will carry the virus and infect others with it.

So why is this acceptable ?????????

All people have to quarantine...........or nobody quarantines.................simple choice really.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Its a blessing that they are looking for signs of intelligence on other Planets.

Again.....Thai Govt does not do its research. There are many foreigners will refuse to be vaccinated, so the numbers will not stack up. Also, it doesn't whether a person is vaccinated or not - they can still be a Covid Carrier and pass it on to others.

Need to allow travellers with High Levels of Vitamin D and Blood Group 0, as these people do not get Covid. Don't put everyone in the same basket. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The #OpenThailandSafely campaign

It's ironic that their hashtag is the exact opposite of what resuming foreign tourism in July would be for the Thai population, very few of whom will have been vaccinated by then.

7 minutes ago, Shiver said:

What is it that people think that getting a vaccine (assuming it works as claimed) will protect others?  It's so upside down on it's head.

If you come to Thailand you could sign a waiver that they're not responsible if you get the virus.  No lock down, no economy damaged.   Does anyone else see this as a financial game with an underlying intent of a great reset?

Thailand missed out on a fantastic opportunity to get ahead of all the other idiot countries.

Gun meet foot.  Enjoy.

Should allow people to travel there with self-funded Insurance, regardless of Vaccination or No Vaccination....no Quarantine.

• Like 2

...and, while I'm on a rant, does anyone realise that an N95 mask is 95% of particulates protection? (dust, sand, cement, spittle etc).  It does not protect the eyes, it does not protect the ears.  Why no boom boom ban?

There are over 20,000 variants of the flu since recording began.  What makes the half dozen or so we have this season any different?

Edited by Shiver
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Xaos said:

Some of guys are terrified of a common cold, it's beyond me. And yes corona viruses couse non lethal common cold and vaccines are not needed per 1975 virology book.

And we live in what year again?In case you have not noticed,things change.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm imagining the protests at the airport(s) and properties around Thailand when foreigners are allowed entry after being vaccinated, while the local population limps along waiting for a promised vaccine.

Probably better to have been colonized?

The Brits and French didn't want to colonize Thailand...The Thais just sat back and took it up the Jacksy from both of them, giving away territory, allowing land ownership to Brits etc....history dosnt lie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Open the country when Thailand's own vaccination program is in its infancy? No chance.

Interesting that it's Westerners coming up with this "initiative".

Vested interest!

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Open the country when Thailand's own vaccination program is in its infancy? No chance.

Interesting that it's Westerners coming up with this "initiative".

Thailand will only be open when the population has been Vaccinated, and with the  Siam BioScience project not even forecast to get off the Ground until June, at it earliest date of production, vaccine rollout is not even going to truly start until July.

IMHO Westerners will have been asked to do this in order to put pressure on their various Government to allow people to travel to Thailand, because without Foreign Government clearing Thailand as a safe destination, their Citizens will be barred from travel.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is there a French gunboat spare we can borrow, same as last time?

Nope. Alas, they were all sunk by the glorious Thai Navy off Koh Chang. Allegedly. The history books of the two nations are not exactly corroborating each other in that respect.

But I'm sure the Germans or Brits may be able to help out with a spare. And if that should fail, we could still ask the Laotians for an inflatable rubber dinghy.

• Like 1

Vaccines at best are 90 to 94 % effective.  This data is based upon trials.  The real world numbers will be less  At best real word numbers would probably in the 70 to 80 % range. So if 100 vaccinated tourist are let in without quarantine then chances are at least 10 could be infectious? Even with vaccinated tourist a shorter quarantine or contained observation period will have to be implemented.  The last thing anyone would want is a shutdown after major opening?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mmmmmmmm ???????????????? So these millions of vaccinated tourists will come from countrys that have fully operational vaccination programmes to a country that has very few people vaccinated? Of course they will, NOT. They couldn't even organize a recent high profile vacation successfully.

I see these reports on the TV and have to check that I am not watching the cartoon network.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Tourism Sector Seeks to Reopen Country by 1 July

They can seek all they want, with the majority of the Thai and foreign residents not inoculated that's just another dream.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The petition is open to anyone in Thailand or around the world who would like to see the country reopen.

Says it all. All these great ideas but none of them come from the people who make the decisions. Isn't there also a petition to keep tourists out until all Thais have been vaccinated?

Let's start a petition open to anyone in Thailand or around the world who'd like to see more of the attractive Liz Hurley.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm imagining the protests at the airport(s) and properties around Thailand when foreigners are allowed entry after being vaccinated, while the local population limps along waiting for a promised vaccine.

Probably better to have been colonized?

They have, by an inept military.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Children (who are one of the worst virus spreaders) will not be vaccinated against Covid.

So......if you have kids.........your not going to have a holiday as unvaccinated kids cannot get a vaccine passport.   And if anyone says they do not need it....................

Utter madness..............children are little ovens for virus and spread virus more than adults do.

So................no families with kids welcome in Thailand ?  Or maybe put the kids into 14 days quarantine and then pick them up when leaving again ??????????

I am in that position, in the U.K. with my Thai partner and 5 year old son, whilst I have been vaccinated and hopefully I can have my partner vaccinated currently there is no vaccine for kids. How could we return to Thailand with an un vaccinated child ?