Thailand’s Tourism Sector Seeks to Reopen Country by 1 July

webfact

11 hours ago, HOAX said:

6 beaches in Chonburi and Rayong (including a couple of army-owned beaches) refused foreigners entry despite having proof in my passport that I haven't been outside of Thailand for more than 3 years and been living in Udon Thani the entire time.

Incredible !!

18 hours ago, Frank Abegnale said:

I was thinking the same thing. I honestly don't think the Thai government will give 2 cents over what some farang thinks about re-opening the country.

Hmmm...I suggest less than 2 cents

They won't be opening up Thailand with only 3% of Thai people having been vaccinated.

...Vaccinated tourists, whilst unlikely they will get major symptoms themselves, may still carry the virus.

Thailand's opening will come down to Siam Bioscience meeting the deadlines and targets it has promised...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Frank Abegnale said:

I was thinking the same thing. I honestly don't think the Thai government will give 2 cents over what some farang thinks about re-opening the country.

They will unfortunately “ give 2 cents” about furthering economic suicide by sitting and waiting for it to magically disappear. Patience with people and business affected by this will only last so long before the ?!$& hits the fan.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

To ensure the safe reopening of Thailand, the petition argues that “international tourists can be asked to satisfy any safeguards the Thai Government may require. This may, for example, include showing officially recognised proof of a Covid-19 vaccination from their home country, purchasing health insurance, showing proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of departure, and so on.

If a tourist has had an inoculation they are not going to want to do the above....extra cost of Covid insurance, covid test 72 hours prior to travel for what????

As for Thailand having front line hospital workers, elderly and vulnerable people inoculated none of whom have much contact with tourism or resort areas.. I don't get it.

Surely you need to wait until all the resorts population are treated?

On 3/2/2021 at 12:03 PM, petermik said:

April/October now July...another day another forecast...get your act together please :jap:

Another lazy farang.. Read the article. Who should get their act together, what are you talking about? 

madness the world has been made to <deleted> itself, but the people who produced this has no idea how to stop it, and now the money making has changed the rich are saying hang on and the world waits for what? brain washed getting close to the horror movies just need to get the guns out and start shooting and we will have made it

• Like 1

Thailand should stop dreaming, the 40 million tourists are long gone and will take many years before of getting those kind of figures again. Lots of people in Europe and else where had time to reflect and change their mind when it comes to travelling. Staying in Europe allows people to get on  fast train, drive a car or a mobile home, etc...and no frustration for dealing with Immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, americanfarang said:

While Thailand is still closed and is completely incompetent about opening to tourism, many Central American countries are open.  I just returned 3 weeks ago from Costa Rica where only purchasing Covid insurance was a requirement for entry.  Next month I’m going to Colombia where only a Covid test is required for entry.  Mexico does not require anything for entry.  Many other countries require just a Covid test to enter.  To return home to my USA only a Covid test is required.  Thailand will

probably continue to be closed to tourism for quite some time, losing tons of money while other countries are open for tourism with testing or other small requirements.  

The unelected "PM" and his soldiers will be wanting to keep the ASQ as long as possible, there are many snouts in the trough.

• Thanks 2

I am hopeful that Thailand will get its population vaccinated by 2022.  And until they do i will not be like the lucky American who went to a couple of places 

and so far has not gotten this Covid 19 virus.  Maybe there are lots of people who are willing to take chances, but I think there are also lots more

people who are cautious, and are not young and stupid.  Most of my Senior aged friends are not in a hurry to die so they are staying home until they have 

gotten their 2 shots.  I have been around a few younger people who still think that because of their age, they will survive if they get sick with this corona virus.

There have been many people who have recovered, but are suffering a lot from the after effects of the virus, and they told me and who ever they talk to,

try hard not to get sick.  My niece who is in her 30s still has days when she feels weak and can barely function.  Her daughter still get headaches and

other pains and she is in her teens.  It is just foolishness to think that Thailand can open successfully without their population being protected. The

Greedy money thinkers may get their way and convince the people in power to open the country, but I hope that there is at least a tiny bit

of intelligence in the government.

Geezer

On 3/2/2021 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

The petition is open to anyone in Thailand or around the world who would like to see the country reopen.

That's Ok. Chiang Mai is nice an quiet.  Just the way I like it.  Tourists would just muck up the works again.  Quiet.  Laid-back.  Relaxing. 
Priceless.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, sdweller said:

Strange that some on this forum somehow believe that vaccinated people should NOT be allowed into Thailand?  Do you really believe that someone who has an approved vaccine is STILL a threat?  Time to get over your irrational fear, because that is all it is.  The chances of a vaccinated person getting/spreading Covid is minuscule. Time to come out of your cave.

Yeah,  Read the vaccine literature from the manufacturers themselves.  Vaccinated people can get and spread the virus. It's not a silver bullet. Vaccines make the symptoms less intense.  But vaccines will make everybody without an inquiring mind "feel safe" and perception is 99% of the rule when solving the Covid problem.  If everybody feels safe, then the 40 cases here 120 cases there suddenly don't make people freak out and then they can get back to living in the New Normal with masks and supposed social distancing (which pretty much every Thai I see ignores except in the malls on the escalators or when lined up to get into the mall - sometimes).  Then people will be told that vaccines will create herd immunity guaranteed which makes them feel 99.9% safer. 
So see - vaccines work!!!  No fear, no problems.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, RR2020 said:

Every single person I know who has had Covid (confirmed by PCR test) (and thats around 16 people now) all have said its nothing, not as bad as flu. A couple of rough days but overall nothing much and all recovered fully within 10 days.

They are obviously all below 60 years old and all in relatively good health (not obese etc...).

If your fat, or sick, or old........worry about Covid.  If your normal then it does not appear to be any real concern.

I know one person who got it and was confirmed.  40 year old niece.  She was under the weather for a couple of days and then felt fine.  So physically it wasn't a problem at all. 
Mentally and emotionally?  She was sure she had infected everyone who had been in contact with her and she was a mess as she figured that she had possibly killed her mom and other older relatives and their deaths would be all her fault.  She was a mess.  No body else in the family got it.  She recovered, quarantined, then went back to work. 

So yeah.  Covid is dangerous. 

On 3/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, sdweller said:

Strange that some on this forum somehow believe that vaccinated people should NOT be allowed into Thailand?  Do you really believe that someone who has an approved vaccine is STILL a threat?  Time to get over your irrational fear, because that is all it is.  The chances of a vaccinated person getting/spreading Covid is minuscule. Time to come out of your cave.

Vaccine efficacy varies between 60% and 95%.

That means for 60%, then 4000 in 10,000 vaccinated people can carry and spread the virus.

That means for 95% then  500 in 10,000 vaccinated people can carry and spread the virus.

How is that miniscule ??????

Vaccinated and non-vaccinated need to be treated exactly the same - test - quarantine - test - test

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:22 PM, CALSinCM said:

I know one person who got it and was confirmed.  40 year old niece.  She was under the weather for a couple of days and then felt fine.  So physically it wasn't a problem at all. 
Mentally and emotionally?  She was sure she had infected everyone who had been in contact with her and she was a mess as she figured that she had possibly killed her mom and other older relatives and their deaths would be all her fault.  She was a mess.  No body else in the family got it.  She recovered, quarantined, then went back to work. 

So yeah.  Covid is dangerous. 

How long was the recovery ?   Just out of interest ?  

Edited by SupermarineS6B

On 3/2/2021 at 9:24 AM, Frank Abegnale said:

I agree. The Thai government has never given two cents about what some dirty and ignorant foreigner thinks.

Still, given that Thai people are expert at reinventing wheels, I see no harm in letting them reinvent this one.

As slightly amused bystanders, it is our role to watch them gyrate and get it wrong then try again and get it wrong again until finally they adopt the foreigner's idea after trying carefully to make it appear like a Thai idea.

I really am quite surprised that they haven't wheeled somebody out to claim to have discovered a cure for COVID-19. But I suppose patience is a virtue, and eventually someone will come up with that bright idea - which will give Mr Prayuth the opportunity to show how Thailand leads the world again.

One wonders how so many people could get it so wrong so often when considering Thailand's hard-won right to lead the world but then I take a wander round the local market or round the local wat, to watch Thais at work and play, and that's generally a cure for the delusion that TL leads the world in anything.

Getting seriously bored with the almost daily predictions of when Thailand will reopen by people who have absolutely no say on the subject. TAT being the worst offenders.

If you want to know when Thailand will reopen ask Prayut and even then you won't get a straight answer. It will reopen when it reopens.

Turkey starts the ball rolling..........

No vaccination certificate.

No negative PCR test.

No quarantine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/14/turkey-plans-first-country-accept-british-holidaymakers-without/

Welcome tourists of the world !!!!!!!  The race to get the tourists back is on..................the losers will be those who dont welcome them back with open arms.

• Like 1