Mandory Heath insurrance

Looking at insurance form a company called CORIS https://samui.consulting/insurance  it seems you can get cover up to 65 years old cover for 365 days for lets say 25,000 euros for 23,262 baht or more 100,000 euros for 40,379. Would 25,000 cover be ok for an AO retirement extension? 

Quote from Google (The new rule specifies that the applicant or visa holder must have health insurance not be less than 40,000 baht for outpatient and 400,000 baht for inpatient medical fees.) 

but looking at another site it says this  quote (A consortium of 16 insurance companies in Thailand are now offering foreigners, who are eligible to travel to Thailand, the mandatory insurance cover valued at $100,000.

And how can I check if the CORIS Company is accepted???

You have written about two different types of insurance.

There is the insurance required for a OA visa or the extension of a entry from one that must provide 40k/400k baht insurance. A list of authorized Thai companies can be found here. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

The other insurance is the $100,000 covid 19 insurance coverage that is required to get a certificate of entry (COE) that is needed to enter the country. The insurance mentioned is here. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

This company appears to be a broker, not an insurer.

For O-A  visa you need the 40K/400K insurance as indicated in the link cited by UbonJoe. You will need it not only for the visa but also for every extension thereafter so a policy that insurers only to age 65 is inadvisable, you should look for one with lifetime renewal guarantee if you plan on growing old here.

The $100k COVID cover on the other hand is needed only once for entering the country.

Note that 40k/400K is NOT an adequate level of health insurance for Thailand,. You will meet visa requirements with it but unless you have another policy, you will not be adequately insured and should plan for4 how you will finance medical costs.

@ubonjoe: I checked your helpful link and Aetna is listed. Does that mean my Aetna insurance will be accepted for my imminent extension of stay (retirement)? It has always been the case before, including when it was Bupa, but I have seen some confusing posts on other threads, and am worried about constantly changing requirements.

You have been the most helpful poster about immigration issues, in my experience, and I greatly appreciate your contributions. 

Thanks.

As Sheryl said about the amount of cover. !!!!!! this is worth considering as the one I looked at with pacific cross.  the max cover looks like near 1mill bhat   and the premium is about 40.,000 a year for a 63 year old ,not to bad , but when you break it down to item amounts e.g. room 8,000 bhat  a night for 15 nights in ICU is that amount really enough ??

16 hours ago, mangkorn said:

Does that mean my Aetna insurance will be accepted for my imminent extension of stay (retirement)? It has always been the case before, including when it was Bupa, but I have seen some confusing posts on other threads, and am worried about constantly changing requirements.

You should check with Aetna here about getting your insurance accepted by immigration.

Are you extending a OA visa entry? If not you will not need to prove you have insurance.

16 hours ago, mangkorn said:

@ubonjoe: I checked your helpful link and Aetna is listed. Does that mean my Aetna insurance will be accepted for my imminent extension of stay (retirement)? It has always been the case before, including when it was Bupa, but I have seen some confusing posts on other threads, and am worried about constantly changing requirements.

The 400K/40K health-insurance policy (mandatory for Non Imm O-A Visa and extension applications) needs to be

- a Thai insurance policy approved by IO as being Non Imm O-A compliant; 

- issued by a TGIA-associated insurer (see the list UJ referred to);

- uploaded by the Thai insurer in the IO TGIA database.

When your policy has been issued by AETNA HEALTH INSURANCE (THAILAND) PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED, it will meet those requirements. 

However, if your policy is issued by another Aetna insurance division than the Thai one mentioned higher it will NOT be approved.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, ubonjoe said:

You have written about two different types of insurance.

There is the insurance required for a OA visa or the extension of a entry from one that must provide 40k/400k baht insurance. A list of authorized Thai companies can be found here. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

The other insurance is the $100,000 covid 19 insurance coverage that is required to get a certificate of entry (COE) that is needed to enter the country. The insurance mentioned is here. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

The COE covid 19 insurance....what am I on their list...I have a Non-B visa with Extension of Stay for Retirement?1028314282_Screenshot(227).png.9199096615c3a5fea996a2617e5647af.png

34 minutes ago, samtam said:

The COE covid 19 insurance....what am I on their list...I have a Non-B visa with Extension of Stay for Retirement?

This one is nearest one that is correct since you are on an extension based upon retirement.

image.png.a3a7bf385e31880161ccc7811fe673fb.png

Be sure you upload your extension stamp.

Archived