Police say mutilated corpse found in Ayutthaya could be “white skinned” foreigner

webfact

3 hours ago, Benmart said:

Someone has possibly been murdered, dismembered, burnt, and the usual barstool humour is again eminating from the juvenile crowd.

Yes I am sick of them too. 

But they can spell emanating. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

A young man is dead and found chopped up. I don't find it funny. It would be ironic if it turned out to be the son of one of you jokers though. 

As it turned-out to be a 53-yr old Thai man who was murdered by his wife after (allegedly) suffering one too many beatings, do you still wish death to TVF family members?

15 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Poor planning on disposal of body parts suggests lack of premeditation. Great effort made to conceal identity (removal of head, burning of arms/legs) suggests perpetrator knew that there was a high risk that if body is identified, suspect(s) would also be quickly identified. Failure to anticipate that identity can be confirmed through DNA link with relatives, suggests lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.

If it was a drug deal gone bad, with only transient relationship between victim and perpetrator, need to conceal identity of victim wouldn't be that high. I'm thinking victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.

My wife likes to watch those shows where one spouse disposes of the other.  I tell her she has to be a lot more clever if she wants to get rid of me scot free.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Poor planning on disposal of body parts suggests lack of premeditation. Great effort made to conceal identity (removal of head, burning of arms/legs) suggests perpetrator knew that there was a high risk that if body is identified, suspect(s) would also be quickly identified. Failure to anticipate that identity can be confirmed through DNA link with relatives, suggests lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.

If it was a drug deal gone bad, with only transient relationship between victim and perpetrator, need to conceal identity of victim wouldn't be that high. I'm thinking victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.

DNA is only useful if you have data base or someone coming forward to say Johnny is missing, it's just a finger-print without a finger.

Wouldn't want to be accused of rubbing it in or anything, but here is a summary of the conjectures I made about this case. Except for guessing that the motive was financial, just about everything else proved to be quite on the mark, thank you very much:

• Poor planning on disposal of body parts suggests lack of premeditation.
  • lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.
  • once the body is identified, the killer will be a very close associate of the victim and will be immediately arrested
  • main motive for dismembering the body was to conceal the identity because the killer knew that if the body was identified, the killer would immediately become the prime suspect.
  • decision to dismember the body was made in some sort of panic, and was obviously not well thought out.
  • victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.
  • case is going to be cracked in the very near future

Edited by Gecko123

8 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Wouldn't want to be accused of rubbing it in or anything, but here is a summary of the conjectures I made about this case. Except for guessing that the motive was financial, just about everything else proved to be quite on the mark, thank you very much

• lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.

• once the body is identified, the killer will be a very close associate of the victim and will be immediately arrested

• main motive for dismembering the body was to conceal the identity because the killer knew that if the body was identified, the killer would immediately become the prime suspect.

• decision to dismember the body was made in some sort of panic, and was obviously not well thought out.

• victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.

yup you nailed it for sure gecko

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Watching the Channel 32 news right now, and it sounds like the case has been solved.  Seems it was a Thai man.  2 men and a woman (his wife) have been identified as the culprits.  Seems he was drinking to much for the wife and had a Mia Noi, and the wife had enough.

No sense of umour tat wife.!!!

Story that is emerging is quite sad...

Couple were married many years, have 12 year old son, 10 year old daughter. Daughter yelling at mother during crime walk through "Why'd you do it Mom?" Victim was actually in early 50's. Earlier in life had very good reputation, back hoe operator and construction worker. Fell on hard times, bankruptcy, started drinking, allegations of domestic violence. Wife's name Wasana, nickname Joy.

....according to attached Thairath article in Thai, police still haven't been able to locate head. ID was made from fingerprints taken from hands of victim and compared to fingerprints from government (not criminal) record. Type of weapon (not actual weapon) used to cut up body:

มีดใบตาย OX Head สปาร์ต้า กวัดแกว่ง ขาดสะบั้น ขนาด 19 นิ้ว ด้าม Para-chord

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/central/2043345

Edited by Gecko123

6 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Another problem with non-Thais living in Thailand, alcohol.

I would say that a bigger problem is calling other people losers. And I still feel the same as I did last night; I was being ironic. Also understated and self-effacing. 

Edited by rott

16 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting developments in the case to see if any of my hunches pan out. Have had a long term interest in criminology, and was only speculating on what the early clues might be telling the cops. Sorry if I was too analytical for the TVF bar stool plebeians.

You seem to confuse‘analytical' with 'presumptuous ' ,but too much time on a bar stool will do that...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Wouldn't want to be accused of rubbing it in or anything, but here is a summary of the conjectures I made about this case. Except for guessing that the motive was financial, just about everything else proved to be quite on the mark, thank you very much:

But you did hedge your bets by saying your opinions were hunches and speculation. 

Exactly how much financial gain was involved.? 

14 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

By cross-checking DNA of victim with DNA of relatives reporting a missing person that fits victim's description. If head has been found, police can circulate police sketch or photo in media to help identify who he is.

You just keep digging,don’t you ? ???? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No just sarcastic individuals and no amusement for gain. Yes it would be the same in any country.  As morbid as it may seem, even law enforcement officers make light of the subject in order to stop the darkness from creeping in.  If it is a bother don't follow.

Agreed. Us Brits enjoy black or sarcastic humour which other cultures may not understand or appreciate. It certainly doesn't follow Political Correctness which the modern world seems to have adopted. If you are offended by it, hard luck. Life is like that. Learn to live with it. By the way. If the weather is chilly when I'm cremated, make sure you get down the front where it's warmer.???? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rott said:

I would say that a bigger problem is calling other people losers. And I still feel the same as I did last night; I was being ironic. Also understated and self-effacing. 

Ever wondered why loser is such a common phrase among non-Thais about other non-Thais in Thailand.

8 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Ever wondered why loser is such a common phrase among non-Thais about other non-Thais in Thailand.

Not really. Which one is the loser (and a definition of this word please) the smug one who speaks the word or the one who is spoken about. Never knew it was a common phrase so I suppose that says it all about me.????

On 3/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Gecko123 said:

You weren't far off either.

In criminology the first suspect is always either the wife or the husband, and a constant and the police know these studies well and unfortunately many times in unclear cases they are imprisoned for no reason only a suspicion of crime, many films are based on these cases and not always successful in reality.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:55 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Watching the Channel 32 news right now, and it sounds like the case has been solved.  Seems it was a Thai man.  2 men and a woman (his wife) have been identified as the culprits.  Seems he was drinking to much for the wife and had a Mia Noi, and the wife had enough.

Her problem has been solved then.