Police say mutilated corpse found in Ayutthaya could be “white skinned” foreigner

webfact

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Poor planning on disposal of body parts suggests lack of premeditation. Great effort made to conceal identity (removal of head, burning of arms/legs) suggests perpetrator knew that there was a high risk that if body is identified, suspect(s) would also be quickly identified. Failure to anticipate that identity can be confirmed through DNA link with relatives, suggests lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.

If it was a drug deal gone bad, with only transient relationship between victim and perpetrator, need to conceal identity of victim wouldn't be that high. I'm thinking victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.

..considering you need 1300 deg C for at least three hours to reduce major bones to a crumbling state..but you still have the teeth...poor attempt of disposal; but lucky for Forensic Science they have something to go on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm told this is not a foreigner but a Thai, says the Mrs who's watching the news.

Also, they found the head today.

So its not the headless horseman slain by Ichabod Crain....good to know, Halloween is still a ways off.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Poor planning on disposal of body parts suggests lack of premeditation. Great effort made to conceal identity (removal of head, burning of arms/legs) suggests perpetrator knew that there was a high risk that if body is identified, suspect(s) would also be quickly identified. Failure to anticipate that identity can be confirmed through DNA link with relatives, suggests lack of criminal sophistication and probable low educational level of perpetrator.

If it was a drug deal gone bad, with only transient relationship between victim and perpetrator, need to conceal identity of victim wouldn't be that high. I'm thinking victim was offed for financial gain by known close associate, probably a romantic partner who had help disposing of body from family members or friends.

So your guess is as good as the polices.

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

And then you woke up with a chocolatmilk on the rocks in your hand sitting in you lazy chair watching the snowy screan of your tv noticing your movie has just finished ????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jvs said:

But but but,if you do not know who it is how are you going to find relatives?

Carry on,

By cross-checking DNA of victim with DNA of relatives reporting a missing person that fits victim's description. If head has been found, police can circulate police sketch or photo in media to help identify who he is.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting developments in the case to see if any of my hunches pan out. Have had a long term interest in criminology, and was only speculating on what the early clues might be telling the cops. Sorry if I was too analytical for the TVF bar stool plebeians.

No offence taken I'm sure. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shuya said:

I'm going for "slipped in the bathroom and fell off the balcony"

Into a fire that was tempering guillotine blades for French market and hit a trampoline that scattered his parts

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting developments in the case to see if any of my hunches pan out. Have had a long term interest in criminology, and was only speculating on what the early clues might be telling the cops. Sorry if I was too analytical for the TVF bar stool plebeians.

Well let al us barstool plebeians know what you found out HORATIO . 

25 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And then you woke up with a chocolatmilk on the rocks in your hand sitting in you lazy chair watching the snowy screan of your tv noticing your movie has just finished ????

They spent a large amount of time chopping up the body, presumably to make it more difficult to identify, but appear to have left the body parts in places where they were not that difficult to find. They would have been better off spending their energy burying the intact body in a place where it was not apt to be found. That suggests to me that the decision to dismember the body was made in some sort of panic, and was obviously not well thought out. The other reason the body may have been dismembered besides concealing the identity of the victim is that the intact body was too heavy for the killer to move by themselves, and they dismembered it to make it easier to lift.

But my main thesis is that once the body is identified, the killer will be a very close associate of the victim and will be immediately arrested, and that the main motive for dismembering the body was to conceal the identity because the killer knew that if the body was identified, the killer would immediately become the prime suspect.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

They spent a large amount of time chopping up the body, presumably to make it more difficult to identify, but appear to have left the body parts in places where they were not that difficult to find. They would have been better off spending their energy burying the intact body in a place where it was not apt to be found. That suggests to me that the decision to dismember the body was made in some sort of panic, and was obviously not well thought out. The other reason the body may have been dismembered besides concealing the identity of the victim is that the intact body was too heavy for the killer to move by themselves, and they dismembered to make it easier to lift. But my main thesis is that once the body is identified, the killer will be a very close associate of the victim and will be immediately arrested, and the main motive for dismembering the body was to conceal the identity because the killer knew that if the body was identified the killer would immediately become the prime suspect.

Wow i don't need to watch my crime series anymore just follow you on TV ???? maybe there is someone on here connected to hollywood that will offer you a scriptwriting job .

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

By cross-checking DNA of victim with DNA of relatives reporting a missing person that fits victim's description. If head has been found, police can circulate police sketch or photo in media to help identify who he is.

Yes but now the head has been found it maybe easier but a picture of a head that has been out in the open air in Thailand will not look like anything resembling a person.

Any idea hoe many person go missing in a year?

Remember where this is happening,this is not back home.

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Wow i don't need to watch my crime series anymore just follow you on TV ???? maybe there is someone on here connected to hollywood that will offer you a scriptwriting job .

Nah he has missed out the beautiful sexy woman, always one in the hollywood crime stories

You people are rubbish. Someone has died and if a foreigner, their relatives and friends might read this. Someone most likely had a brutal end to their life and you make amusement for your own gain. Is this what Thailand has done to you? Would you be the same in the USA, UK, Australia before you come to live in Thailand. You people need to look yourself in the mirror and see what you have become, losers!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1