U.S. Border Patrol arrests 4,500 migrants in a day, a major increase amid fears of surge

webfact

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

...but according to him in his one and only press conference, he's been a senator for 120 years LOL!

Biden refers to himself as the Gaffe Machine.  He's not a great speaker.  But so far, doing a much better job than our previous lying POTUS. LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Biden refers to himself as the Gaffe Machine.  He's not a great speaker.  But so far, doing a much better job than our previous lying POTUS. LOL

And I will continue to make fun of our gaffe machine for another week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

So you have fun bashing Biden, but get upset when others bash Trump?  Come on man!

I could care less about Trump, but let me add that what Trump did was let illegals know they weren't welcome. He was a deterrent to illegals. He was an ass but when you're the boss that's how it is sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

To blame the surge on seasonal weather variations that make the Winter the ideal time for the trek north is about as ridiculous as blaming Biden's fall on the stairs of Air Force One to the WIND!

Even if you are saying that it was the two major hurricanes that accounts for the surge, to call it the primary factor, and that Biden's incentivising words during his campaign, and his ill-conceived Executive Orders played no role at all is just nonsense.

It is seasonal.  Have you ever been to that part of the world?  Summer is too hot and in the past, many, many, many have died due to the heat.  So...winter is the best time to walk across that horrible desert! LOL.

The other factors were the 2 hurricanes and CV19.  Sure, Biden's election caused part of the surge also.  But the numbers aren't that far off when Trump was president.

All in all, a humanitarian disaster.  Something we should be helping them with.  Sadly, the GOP has no interest in this as it helps rile up their base.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Joe Biden:  And the (migration) wave still continues, It's not going to stop, nor should we want it to stop.  "Whites will be a Minority in US by 2017 - and that's a good Thing" “By 2017, those of us of European stock will be an absolute minority in the United States of America,” Biden said at a State Department luncheon for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff. Biden added that that’s “not a bad thing, that’s a good thing” because it means the country is becoming more "diverse". The U.S. Census Bureau revealed last week that in 2014, minorities made up a majority of children under five years of age in the United States for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

It is seasonal.  Have you ever been to that part of the world?  Summer is too hot and in the past, many, many, many have died due to the heat.  So...winter is the best time to walk across that horrible desert! LOL.

The other factors were the 2 hurricanes and CV19.  Sure, Biden's election caused part of the surge also.  But the numbers aren't that far off when Trump was president.

All in all, a humanitarian disaster.  Something we should be helping them with.  Sadly, the GOP has no interest in this as it helps rile up their base.

I'm really not sure how you can say the present surge is no worse than previous surges.  What's happening now far surpasses any of the past surges and is clearly a humanitarian disaster of unprecedented proportions!

To say that this disaster is primarily a result of unavoidable factors such as the hurricanes, or seasonal variations in weather is absurd.  These conditions occur with regularity every year.

The White House seems to have a penchant for blaming everything on the weather, including Biden's fall on the steps of Air Force One...to it being a windy day LOL!

I don't think it's that hard to understand that the primary cause of the current situation are the Executive Orders enacted by Biden (unless you believe that ignorance is bliss).

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand this; you only need an objective common-sense perspective.

The administration knew full well what the repercussions would be of the Executive Orders, and yet they enacted them anyway, and THAT is the primary cause of this situation, clear and simple as can be.

Now, the Administration is lying to the public about the current situation, still referring to it as a manageable challenge, when everyone else (including Democrats and right leaning media are acknowledging it as a FULL BLOWN CRISIS and humanitarian disaster! 

Why would the Administration be going to such extreme measures as blocking reporters from visiting detention centers, or ignoring non-partisan reporters from asking questions during the recent press conference 

The Administration is intentionally trying to hide the true extent of this DISASTER from the American public.  The pool photos released by the Administration showing a calm and relaxed detention center are a stark contrast to the photos released by Congressman Henry Cuellar (a democrat BTW) showing the true extent of how bad things really are.

You say that the GOP is only trying to "rile up their base".  I agree...and it is the RIGHT thing to do!  The Administration is lying to the public and doing everything they can to hide the truth.  We all need to be riled up...A LOT!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sudarut said:

Joe Biden:  And the (migration) wave still continues, It's not going to stop, nor should we want it to stop.  "Whites will be a Minority in US by 2017 - and that's a good Thing" “By 2017, those of us of European stock will be an absolute minority in the United States of America,” Biden said at a State Department luncheon for Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff. Biden added that that’s “not a bad thing, that’s a good thing” because it means the country is becoming more "diverse". The U.S. Census Bureau revealed last week that in 2014, minorities made up a majority of children under five years of age in the United States for the first time.

Would it be an issue if whites were a minority? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's disingenuous to claim it's seasonal, while there is truth to it many other factors are at play. Please take the time to read and become informed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/20/us/politics/fact-check-immigration-border.html

Look, you can't constantly hammer NYT and other MSM sources for their bias and lies and then link to them and say:

"Please take the time to read and become informed."

That's just mental.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

That's not what we are seeing now.  I listened to his press conference (at least as long as I could before feeling ill).  It was filled with almost nothing but lies and deflections from the truth!  His train of thought was all over the place, even when literally looking down at his written script and simply trying to read it.  It was shocking!

The public looks to Presidential press conferences, not so much for information, but to be reassured that the President of the United States is truly in charge and not only understands the major issues facing the country, but has insight and a strategy for effectively dealing with them.

I saw none of that in his press conference, not even a little bit!  His presentation was, without question, the worst from a President I have ever seen. 

His constant shuffling of his scripted notes and rote recitation of what was written on them, bizarre references to "Jim Eagle" or his 120 years as a Senator, his meandering and incomplete sentences as he glanced up with that look on his face "like a deer caught in the headlights", his false bravado, all of it was frightening from someone who is supposed to be the Commander and Chief of the United States of America!

It doesn't take a genius to see that this man is clearly not in charge, and, at least IMHO, is seriously jeopardizing the security and well-being of our country, not only domestically but on the world stage.

I think the next four years are going to be extremely dangerous and truly frightening for our country and for the entire world! 

I think it's entirely doubtful he will even be able to finish his term in office, and if that happens and Kamala Harris takes over, the dangers to our country will increase ten-fold...so we are really "between a rock and a hard place" now.

"It was filled with almost nothing but lies and deflections from the truth!"

I see. Maybe you can list those lies and post links to proof that refutes them because if you don't you're just making unsubstantiated allegations.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Did you listen to the FULL (unedited) speech?  Are you aware of actual facts (realty) vs Biden's interpretation of them?  It's all there in his very own words!  No links are needed for Christ's sake!  Anyone who actually needs links to be convinced of this would have to be either very poorly informed of facts, obtuse, or in irrational denial.

You want a few examples of his blatant lies during the press conference? OK:

Biden says: “We’re sending back the vast majority of families who are coming” to the border.

Reality: The actual figure is about 13 percent of families being turned away.

Biden says: “The idea that I’m going to say, which I would never do, if an unaccompanied child ends up at the border, we’re just going to let them starve to death and stay on the other side, no previous administrations did either, except Trump.”

Reality: Trump never sent any kids off to starve to death. Many were flown back to their home countries.

Biden says: “I hoped to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days. We met that goal last week by Day 58, 42 days ahead of schedule.”

Reality: The nation was already on course to well surpass that goal when he took office.

Biden says: “No other country in the world has even come close, not even close to what we are doing” in terms of vaccinating the population.

Reality: Israel has delivered shots to a far, far greater share of its population than the United States.

Biden says: “I also set a goal before I took office of getting a majority of schools in K-8 fully open in the first 100 days. Now, thanks to the enormous amount of work done by our administration, educators, parents, local, state education officials and leaders, a recent Department of Education survey shows that nearly half of the K-8 schools are open now full-time, five days a week for in-person learning.”

Reality: Biden’s administration had nothing to do with school reopenings. That was mostly the work of GOP governors and pols overcoming stubborn teachers unions allied with the president. And more than half are not fully open.

Biden says: His $1.9 trillion relief bill put money in the pockets of “ordinary people.”

Reality: Some of it, maybe, but $350 billion was also to bail out bloated state and local governments like those in New York and California, controlled by democrats. 

Do your OWN fact checking instead of just relying on partisan sound-bites and misinformation from whatever news sources make you believe that Biden and his Administration are telling the truth and being the most transparent administration in history...another promise he has failed to live up to. 

Or even simpler, just listen to Biden's own words in that press conference and his demeanor in delivering them.  It's not so hard to tell when a person is being honest and transparent, and when he is not.

Again, you're making unsubstantiated claims. Just because you write something in a post doesn't make it so. Maybe you're not aware of it but there are respected and credible websites that does fact checking for you:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/factchecking-bidens-first-press-conference/

"Do your OWN fact checking instead of just relying on partisan sound-bites and misinformation from whatever news sources make you believe that Biden and his Administration are telling the truth and being the most transparent administration in history...another promise he has failed to live up to."

Remind me again how long he's been in office?

"Or even simpler, just listen to Biden's own words in that press conference and his demeanor in delivering them.  It's not so hard to tell when a person is being honest and transparent, and when he is not."

So you're good at that, are you? I guess listening to 4 years of non-stop lies could make you adept at it, or it could just trick you into not believing anything you hear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I could care less about Trump, but let me add that what Trump did was let illegals know they weren't welcome. He was a deterrent to illegals. He was an ass but when you're the boss that's how it is sometimes. 

Those presenting at the border to claim asylum are not illegals.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I am well aware of FactCheck.org.  A lot of what I believe involves a visit to that site, not just a blind belief in what a politician says. They are not however the DeFacto final word on what is true and what is not.  In the end, that judgement call has to be made by the individual.

Obviously I don't have to defend my view on what Biden said, because his words are right out there for anyone to hear.  Are you contesting my view of what the actual facts are, that he lied about?  SHow me on FactCheck.Org anyting that refutes those facts because I think they are pretty universally accepted.

How long has Biden been in office?  Well, according to him (in his own words during the press conference) he was in the Senate 120 years ago so I guess that means, according to him, that he's served in office for at least 120 years LOL ????

Yeah, I am pretty good at knowing when somebody is lying to me.  Most people with good common sense are. 

You don't know me but seem more than willing to make a judgement call on me, assuming that I am some right-leaning, brain-washed lunatic, instead of somebody who listens to all sides and tried to make objective observations. 

That, by definition, would make you a very prejudiced and mean-spirited person.  Maybe you should get off your high horse and re-evaluate who the real heroes and villains are on the political stage today instead of just blindly striking out at anyone you disagree with.

"Are you contesting my view of what the actual facts are, that he lied about?"

Since you can't be bothered to post links to sources I can't be bothered to fact-check your unsubstantiated claims.

"Yeah, I am pretty good at knowing when somebody is lying to me.  Most people with good common sense are."

OK then. Just out of curiosity how often did your "BS radar" light up when listening to trump? Reason I ask is his lies are so frequent, blatant and numerous that this will instantly tell me if your "common sense" claim is plausible.

"You don't know me but seem more than willing to make a judgement call on me, assuming that I am some right-leaning, brain-washed lunatic, instead of somebody who listens to all sides and tried to make objective observations."

You don't know me but seem more than willing to make a judgement call on me, assuming that I am some left-leaning, brain-washed lunatic, instead of somebody who listens to all sides and tried to make objective observations.

21 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Look, you can't constantly hammer NYT and other MSM sources for their bias and lies and then link to them and say:

"Please take the time to read and become informed."

That's just mental.????

Yeah, that's not me. Sorry. Bad deflection. Sad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sujo said:

Those presenting at the border to claim asylum are not illegals.

What about the ones who drove through a hole they cut in border wall. What about the ones the coyotes help across, under Trump they weren't allowed to claim asylum. Not sure about biden's new rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

What about the ones who drove through a hole they cut in border wall. What about the ones the coyotes help across, under Trump they weren't allowed to claim asylum. Not sure about biden's new rules.

Then maybe you should refrain from posting until you've got that information.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"Are you contesting my view of what the actual facts are, that he lied about?"

Since you can't be bothered to post links to sources I can't be bothered to fact-check your unsubstantiated claims.

"Yeah, I am pretty good at knowing when somebody is lying to me.  Most people with good common sense are."

OK then. Just out of curiosity how often did your "BS radar" light up when listening to trump? Reason I ask is his lies are so frequent, blatant and numerous that this will instantly tell me if your "common sense" claim is plausible.

"You don't know me but seem more than willing to make a judgement call on me, assuming that I am some right-leaning, brain-washed lunatic, instead of somebody who listens to all sides and tried to make objective observations."

You don't know me but seem more than willing to make a judgement call on me, assuming that I am some left-leaning, brain-washed lunatic, instead of somebody who listens to all sides and tried to make objective observations.

As I said, I try to be objective about EVERYTHING I hear from politicians whether they are on the left or right; whether it is Biden or Trump.  Yes, my "BS radar" lights up from plenty of things that Trump has said.  I am no fan-boy of Trump!  

As far as I'm concerned, ALL politicians are full of BS, so it's up to the public go beyond their words, and the words of biased news show commentators, and decide for themselves what the truth really is.  

You can't do that if you already have preconceived notions and biases as a Trump-Hater (or fanatic Trump supporter).
  And you can't do that if you are only looking for a black vs white answer.  Real truths are always varying shades of gray!

I am not a republican or a democrat.  I am an independent voter, and see politicians as people, not party members.  

Do I have personal biases when I assess what I hear from different politicians?  Of course I do; I am a human being, not a dispassionate machine, but the big difference between you and me seems to be that I do not see things as simply black or white (republican vs democrat, Trump = Bad, Biden = Good).

Trump-haters, which you seem to be, don't seem to be able to do that.  

According to Trump-Haters, Trump is the Devil Incarnate and everything that comes out of his mouth is a self-serving lie.  whereas Biden is just a "nice man", "just a humble, regular blue-collar guy from Scranton", a man who only wants what's best for the country, a totally transparent and honest man, a saint.

Any honest person knows that such simplistic views are far from the truth.  Sorry to inform you but the REAL world is not as black and white as you like to paint it.

What's really important at this point in time is Biden's performance as President of the United States.  Biden is now President, not Trump.

Any neutral observer has to admit that the Biden administration has not delivered on their promise to be the most transparent administration in history...far from it! 

The Biden Administration seem completely unwilling to own the Crisis at the Southern Border, and instead only want to scapegoat the previous Administrations for their failures.

You don't need any links to appreciate that fact because many politicians and news organizations that are Biden supporters are increasingly and vigorously criticizing the current Administration over lack of transparency and the handling of the border crisis.

The optics of appearing presidential is also grossly lacking, and optics mean everything when it comes to how our adversaries on the world stage see us.

It's very clear that China, North Korea, and Russia are seeing the current administration as an easy mark now.  That is an incredibly dangerous thing in a world full of nuclear weapons!

Biden promised unity and yet has done nothing but to further divide us as a nation.  On the world stage, division leads to weakness, and weakness leads war!

My view that Biden is not an effective President is an objective one, not an emotional one.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

As I said, I try to be objective about EVERYTHING I hear from politicians whether they are on the left or right; whether it is Biden or Trump.  Yes, my "BS radar" lights up from plenty of things that Trump has said.  I am no fan-boy of Trump!  

As far as I'm concerned, ALL politicians are full of BS, so it's up to the public go beyond their words, and the words of biased news show commentators, and decide for themselves what the truth really is.  

You can't do that if you already have preconceived notions and biases as a Trump-Hater (or fanatic Trump supporter).
  And you can't do that if you are only looking for a black vs white answer.  Real truths are always varying shades of gray!

I am not a republican or a democrat.  I am an independent voter, and see politicians as people, not party members.  

Do I have personal biases when I assess what I hear from different politicians?  Of course I do; I am a human being, not a dispassionate machine, but the big difference between you and me seems to be that I do not see things as simply black or white (republican vs democrat, Trump = Bad, Biden = Good).

Trump-haters, which you seem to be, don't seem to be able to do that.  

According to Trump-Haters, Trump is the Devil Incarnate and everything that comes out of his mouth is a self-serving lie.  whereas Biden is just a "nice man", "just a humble, regular blue-collar guy from Scranton", a man who only wants what's best for the country, a totally transparent and honest man, a saint.

Any honest person knows that such simplistic views are far from the truth.  Sorry to inform you but the REAL world is not as black and white as you like to paint it.

What's really important at this point in time is Biden's performance as President of the United States.  Biden is now President, not Trump.

Any neutral observer has to admit that the Biden administration has not delivered on their promise to be the most transparent administration in history...far from it! 

The Biden Administration seem completely unwilling to own the Crisis at the Southern Border, and instead only want to scapegoat the previous Administrations for their failures.

You don't need any links to appreciate that fact because many politicians and news organizations that are Biden supporters are increasingly and vigorously criticizing the current Administration over lack of transparency and the handling of the border crisis.

The optics of appearing presidential is also grossly lacking, and optics mean everything when it comes to how our adversaries on the world stage see us.

It's very clear that China, North Korea, and Russia are seeing the current administration as an easy mark now.  That is an incredibly dangerous thing in a world full of nuclear weapons!

Biden promised unity and yet has done nothing but to further divide us as a nation.  On the world stage, division leads to weakness, and weakness leads war!

My view that Biden is not an effective President is an objective one, not an emotional one.

Some things I agree with in your post, mainly that things are never black or white but rather shades of grey. But you kind of blew it with the last sentence, claiming that you're assessment of President Biden is objective, especially considering your earlier (correct) admission:

"Do I have personal biases when I assess what I hear from different politicians? Of course I do; I am a human being, not a dispassionate machine..."

Add to that the fact that Biden's presidency has hardly started then your verdict on him being ineffective and non-transparent kind of lacks "weight".

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You mean this wasn't you posting? You should contact the mods then since someone has hijacked your ID.

Capture.JPG

That wasn't what I replied to and you know it. Please stop with the trolling and personal attacks.

• Haha 1

Then maybe you should refrain from posting until you've got that information.

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Crossings double since same time last year. Doesn't sound seasonal to me.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/illegal-border-crossings-southern/2021/02/11/id/1009702/

Haven't heard any comments about these findings. I know, doesn't fit the leftist narrative.

Some things I agree with in your post, mainly that things are never black or white but rather shades of grey. But you kind of blew it with the last sentence, claiming that you're assessment of President Biden is objective, especially considering your earlier (correct) admission:

"Do I have personal biases when I assess what I hear from different politicians? Of course I do; I am a human being, not a dispassionate machine..."

Add to that the fact that Biden's presidency has hardly started then your verdict on him being ineffective and non-transparent kind of lacks "weight".

Just how did I blow it in my last sentence?  It is simply my objective observation based on what I perceive as lack of transparency (when that was his biggest campaign promise), and his incredibly weak and embarrassing optics of how he relates to the public and to world leaders.

As for transparency, his constant refusal to take questions on his rare public appearance, or the the "circle back to you" evasiveness by  White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki are troubling to say the least.

His ban on allowing independent news reporters to assess what's going on at the Border is a further and seriously troubling example of lack of transparency.

I think you'd find it hard to contest these examples considering that even his staunchest supporters are increasingly criticizing him and the administration for these things things now.

The incredibly weak and indecisive optics of how he relates to public and to world leaders is another huge concern to me.

His unending gaffes, the amount of time that passed before even addressing the public in an open press conference, the heavily curated nature of who was allowed to ask questions at that press conference, and the softball nature of the questions being asked, his unwillingness to speak off the cuff and instead relying on pre-written scripts...

All of these things are not the mark of an effective leader, or someone who can unite a country, or portray us as an undivided and strong country to our world adversaries.

Of course that's just my opinion, and if your view differs, you're entitled to that but it's kind of hard to disagree about lack of transparency when his own political supporters are criticizing form for it, and you sure don't need any experts or verifiable links to view his public appearances as anything but embarrassing and weak.  Human beings are no different than any other animal at detecting weakness and indecisiveness.

As for the administration being given some sort of pass because they are "hardly starting", I don't think there is a "grace period" for an administration to ease into office, at least not in the real world. 

The job and the responsibility of being President of the United States starts on Day 1, the moment the oath is administered.  You may not view it that way, but most of the public demand that, and you can sure bet that our adversaries on the world stage view it that way as well.  They are not going to cut us any breaks in allowing a new president to ease his way into being President.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Crossings doubled since the same time last year. Doesn't sound seasonal to me.

Blame it on the weather!  That's the current administration excuse for many of their failures it seems.

It's just a deflection from the truth, just like Biden only fell down the steps of Air Force One because the wind blew him over (even though there was only a gentle breeze that day)! 

That excuse, BTW, was an official statement by the White House!  Don't believe me?  See it here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/03/19/press-gaggle-by-principal-deputy-press-secretary-karine-jean-pierre-aboard-air-force-one-en-route-atlanta-georgia/

It seems that if the the current administration can't blame Trump for their failures, than they have a penchant for blaming the weather, but of course they would since the weather is an evil aspect of climate which they intend to correct through their New Green Deal.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2