SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Please show us where in any EU regulations or treaties it says that a member state has to obtain the EU's permission before holding a referendum.

I don't recall us doing it in 2016!

Indeed, accuses me of not reading but seems to have issues with his own post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Thank you for your support. We would not wish to be a burden on you nice English nationalists so lets go our separate ways.

The extra money Westminster gets can be used to improve spelling standards in England. 

Good, we dont wish to support a load of moaners

Way out of date. Spain has said on several occasions it would not veto a Scotland entry to the EU.

Google it.

Why is it mentioned in the news this year then unless the press is lying ?

In what way?

There are rules which applied to the UK joining the EU related to inflation etc and Scotland can not meet the requirements. If you want to fall asleep quickly you can look up the requirements online.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do expand please. In what way does Scotland not meet the requirements?

What is Scotlands current inflation rate for example.

You tell me, I have no idea but if you take the time to read the requirements online you will find out

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Well I did not make the assertion that Scotland fails to meet the requirements so I will not bother.

That is what I read. If you want the document chater and verse go online and read it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

He played the bagpipes,so i would say yes.

So did Glen Campbell. Does that make him Scottish?

Remember, too, that most historians agree that the bagpipes originated in the Middle East.

BTW, the Young brothers were also born in Scotland, but, as did Scott, they consider themselves Australian.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Surely you must have looked up the requirements yourself before before stating that Scotland could not meet them?

Therefore you must be able to at the very least say what those requirements are and why you believe Scotland wont be able to meet them.

You'd be more plausible if you could also link to your source.

Last year I did look them up but I dont consider them very important at least not to me so I dont bother recording them or remembering them. If I want them I will go on the internet and look them up.