SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The only assumptions are from the brexit brigade.

They got a vote on leaving a union but don't think that applies to anyone else, rampant hypocrisy.

The UK is out of the EU but some want to believe it is still 2014, selective interpretation of "moving on".

All of the UK voted out, we didn't vote by regions, the UK refers to the "anyone else" too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The SNP don't speak for all of Scotland

Let's have the Referendum let all the people have their say

And once voted on end this boring Saga one way or the other

Would another referendum put an end to this breakdown in democracy, if you lost yet again would you accept the loss just as graciously as you have accepted the last one, a little birdy tells me you wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Scott was born in Scotland and moved to Australia at the age of 8. He might have taken Australian citizenship down the road, but his ancestry is definitely Scottish! 

So? He was Australian, not Scottish.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Your city is not a country. They should have the right to self determination and not be told they cant by another country.

The country is The United Kingdom. Certain Scottish Politicians who wish for Independence asked for a referendum on the subject. One

was held, declared both by the UK government and by those asking for it as a "once in a generation" decision.

The decision was that Scotland should remain in the UK. These politicians are asking for another referendum because they think that they might win it this time. The UK government, and remember that Scotland and it's people are full participants in all the UK wide democratic processes which produce that government - including the Brexit decision - have said that you have had a referendum and the decision that reached should stand. That is the UK government, not a foreign one, not another country saying no.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh...not deflection at all but a response to your words

The Scots were in the EU and now against their will no longer are, maybe the majority having seen what being shackled to Westminster now means would prefer to go their own way...let them vote. 

Sadly you have not provided a balanced comment and perhaps should have included what it would be like for Scotland to be shakled to the EU, particularly without the Scottish Islands who have already declared they would not wish to follow Scotland and wish to remain as part of the UK.  That is of course, but a small (but important point), but what really worries me is where Scotland will get their income from?  SNP are very shy on publicising this issue and if you remember many years ago they said they wanted devolution but would continue to use the £ as currency, until the UK said that that would not happen, then they said they would use the Euro and the EU said that that would not happen.  I worry at how much thought has been put in to a Scottish Economy once divorced from the EU, I also worry that this is little more than Policians self interest......it has already been suggested that the current First Minister has aspirations of being head of the EU!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Where does any country get its income from? Commerce is a start. With GDP per capita greater than every part of England with the exception of the SE and London, Scotland already has significant economic activity. 

Good one!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

by reading some of your past posts it appeared to me that some of your answers made some sense but lately you are on a repetitive one track mind type of answers that make absolutely no sense. Scots voted long time ago, prior to the UK Brexit vote, thus many things have changed after their vote and, the UK being or suppose to be a democracy, it's Scotland democratic tight to ask for another vote... what are you so afraid off, to be wrong ????

Glad we are adding another slogan to the already mundane selection "what are you afraid of."

And I will add that when you get asked the same question ad infinitum it is very difficult not to answer repetively, I think without question of a doubt that there are more Euros that want Scotland to have a referendum than actual Scots, why would that be Mavideol? The majority of Scots don't want a referendum but the majority of the Euros want them to. So the key issue here is, who do we listen to, the Scots or the Euros, I don't really need an answer to that, most of us already know the answer.

There is one thing for certain though, all this bitterness totally vindicates the decision that the UK has made. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I am Scots.
National pride makes me want to say leave.  But that won't feed us, or protect our interests.  The money isn't there.  Stay.

Our interests continue to be badly served by Westminster. Where is the money if not in Scotland? Why can it not survive as a small nation while others can do? 

• Like 2

Let them go if they want but where does it end?  Will Yorkshire start asking for self government, then West Yorkshire?

To be fair I'd have no problem if they really want independence as long as they understand that forming any alliance with countries likely to threaten the UK will not be tolerated. Who knows what could happen in the future? Could Faslane become 'Faslane-ski'?

1 hour ago, robblok said:

They should be able to leave and vote on it.

Firstly they did have one not so long ago and voted to remain.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I mean do you really see a war in Western Europe. I don't. 

I am sure we will  at some point. It isn't all happy clappers in Europe and countries are being invaded from within.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1