SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

2. Scotland voted to remain.

3.Where is the legally binding promise it was once in a generation? Throwaway remarks do not count. You should know this. After all the slogans banded about by Brexiteers have been conveniently forgotten/ignored by the very same man who is now the prime minister. Which is something else Scotland didnt vote for. The man who claimed he would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for an extension. The man who said a border down the Irish sea would only happen over his dead body.

4. You seem to hold very strong opinions on what Scotland should and should not be allowed to do. Why is that?

5.6.7. You fail to address why you have issues with people pointing out Brexiteer hypocrisy regardless of where they come from. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Messrs Salmond and Cameron both agreed, and both said publicly that it was so. It was clearly understood by everyone. To talk about legally binding agreements really is splitting hairs!

Really? So remarks made by politicians are set in tablets of stone are they?

Remarks like "dead in a ditch" and "over my dead body"? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

I wish someone would hold a referendum in England to be shut of the winging jocks. I think it would be resounding. Yes

You can always console yourself by watching the six nations rugby.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

2. Scotland voted to remain.

3.Where is the legally binding promise it was once in a generation? Throwaway remarks do not count. You should know this. After all the slogans banded about by Brexiteers have been conveniently forgotten/ignored by the very same man who is now the prime minister. Which is something else Scotland didnt vote for. The man who claimed he would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for an extension. The man who said a border down the Irish sea would only happen over his dead body.

4. You seem to hold very strong opinions on what Scotland should and should not be allowed to do. Why is that?

5.6.7. You fail to address why you have issues with people pointing out Brexiteer hypocrisy regardless of where they come from. 

It is purely going around in circles and you making excuses because the vote didn't go as you would have liked. We could, well you could argue all day about it being a "throwaway" remark, not to put a too finer point on it, the remark must have been thrown away a 100 times. It was said said in a meaningfull way and not a throwaway type of way, but I guess you know this already but if you concede to this it totally destroys your argument.

Why do I hold strong views on the Union, because the union belongs to us all, I was born into the UK where we were free to pass through it unhindered without having to worry about idiots like Sean Clerkin checking our documents before we are allowed to visit the Edinburgh Tattoo. It needs to remain this way for all our future generations also..

I haven't failed to address anything, if you read all my posts you would see this.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, robblok said:

Then your probably not worried if they hold a binding referendum on it. I mean you want the people to choose. So let them have their choice. Now that Brexit happened things have changed opinions have change let the Scots have their say.

How could it be binding, best out of three? The minority would surely have to insist to have another referendum in say about 2027 say, if they SNP did get their political hobby wish. which seems a lifetime away. Principle is already established by; the SNP it would seem.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

It is purely going around in circles and you making excuses because the vote didn't go as you would have liked. We could, well you could argue all day about it being a "throwaway" remark, not to put a too finer point on it, the remark must have been thrown away a 100 times. It was said said in a meaningfull way and not a throwaway type of way, but I guess you know this already but if you concede to this it totally destroys your argument.

Why do I hold strong views on the Union, because the union belongs to us all, I was born into the UK where we were free to pass through it unhindered without having to worry about idiots like Sean Clerkin checking our documents before we are allowed to visit the Edinburgh Tattoo. It needs to remain this way for all our future generations also..

I haven't failed to address anything, if you read all my posts you would see this.

It was not thrown around like a Brexiteer slogan Vogie. Half a dozen times at most.

There have been many people born while we were members of the EU. They have had their rights to travel unrestricted around europe stripped from them.

Sean Clerkin is a clown. We can at least agree on that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It was not thrown around like a Brexiteer slogan Vogie. Half a dozen times at most.

There have been many people born while we were members of the EU. They have had their rights to travel unrestricted around europe stripped from them.

Sean Clerkin is a clown. We can at least agree on that.

Doesn't sound like Sturgeon and Salmond were throwing the remark away to me anyway. What do you think rookie?

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, Bluespunk said:

The majority in Scotland also voted that they wanted to remain in the EU...

Will the EU,  want Scotland , when /if ever it leaves the UK .

To be a member of the EU . 

Mouth n trousers  wee  nickers ,  are in a  big knot ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sujo said:

If there are major changes like brexit every week then yes.

What about a new government. A new crisis when the first minister and her team lose minutes of vital meetings and can't recall what she said.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1