SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What do YOU think will happen?

I don't know I am not a Scot the only Scots I know is one who comes to Thailand and one in UK who is my son in-law who both say they do not want Scotland to leave UK so are you an extremist or what to ask me a question like that of an Englishman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Really? I'm not the one advocating that people should not be given a referendum because I am afraid of losing it.

You are.

You have had a referendum, the Scottish Nationalists lost...........now that wasn't too difficult was it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You asked the question what would happen to your son in law who is Scottish, lives in England and does not want independence.

I asked you what YOU think will happen to him.

Hardly an extremists position is it?

Are you sure you're not a stalker I have already answered you're previous post that were not address to you. 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You can have all the opinions you want, this thread has many...however no matter what the opinion, it is the Scots who should decide on their future regardless of any such opinions.

Yeah well I have already agreed to that thanks. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So we can never have another referendum?

Of course you can rookie, just the same as my youngest son Troy will be allowed another Easter Egg next Easter, he has had his egg for this year. Your referendum Easter day is due in 2056. 

All good things come to those that wait.

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

An agreement to let Rhodesia hold elections?

Interesting as it is I fail to see the relevance regarding the UK having to borrow foreign assets to protect its ships. 

No. The agreement between UK and France with regards to naval issues.

Your attempt at deflection was both pedantic and funny.

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Then allow me to explain. Holyrood elections do not work the same as a general election for example. It is not a system of "first past the post".

You have two votes. One for the constituency seat and one for a list seat.

The better a party does in the constituency vote the more it gets penalised in the list seats. It needs far more votes to win a list seat than for example the party which came second.

It is designed to prevent one party from dominating and obtaining a majority on its own. 

So if I were to vote for the SNP in both and the SNP "wins" the election then my list vote basically becomes worthless.

Still with me?

OK so what if we had a second independence party to vote for?

Now I vote SNP in constituency and Alba party in the list.

This will mean my second vote is not worthless and the Alba party will hopefully get seats because of it. 

Salmond (note spelling) has already said he wants people to vote for the SNP in the constituency vote and Alba in the list vote. So its hardly a duel. More of a coalition. 

Seems quite confusing.

Do you think this is the reason why Scottish Nationalists seem unable to distinguish between 55% and 45%?

Who says the next referendum is due in 2056?

You?

Nah, to quote two of our most trusted and honest politicians, Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon they both said "once in a lifetime," which is circa 75 years. I think neither of us will see it in our lifetime rookie.

I think I was being overly generous when I stated 56 years, it is much more than that.

• Like 1

Johnson said the last election was a once in a lifetime event.

Does this mean we cant hold any more general elections for a generation?

Of course Johnson also promised he would rather be dead in a ditch than ask for another extension so have you and the Brexiteers held him to that?

Boris Johnson SLIPS in polls: PM sends election plea as Remainers plot for hung Parliament | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

BORIS JOHNSON has today urged Sunday Express readers to back the Conservative Party in a “critical once in a generation election” on Thursday.

Ah, we are playing Snakes and Ladders with the polls again rookie, when they are down they are down and we don't hear a peep from you, but when they are up they are up and you are like a dog with two tails, consistantly predictable.

• Like 1