SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah, when you linked to a totally unrelated article and then said find it yourself.

Just for clarification (because I would be genuinely interested in reading it myself) why dont you just post a link to a single article questioning the political leanings and neutrality of the Hamilton report?

You said you had done extensive research and had read many of them.

Just one will do.

I believe another poster posted the direct link. In actual fact you acknowledged the link.

Denial seems to be an issue with you. On many occasions.

And before you ask, just because you do not agree with the opinions regarding the article, does not mean the link was not posted.

20 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Nice deflection. I never mentioned polls. Although when they were in your favour you were a rabid supporter of them.

Back to the point at hand.

Johnson said the last election was once in a generation. Does that mean we cant have any more general elections for whatever you and the Brexiteers deem to be a generation?

Johnson said the last election was once in a generation.

Have you a link to Boris saying that, but the way that Captain Hindsight and his trusty team of deplorables are performing I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turned out to be true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No.

Another poster gave a link TO the Hamilton report. Not a link to one which questions the political leanings and neutrality of the report.

But you already knew that.

So given your extensive research and having read many articles which do question the political leanings and neutrality of the report perhaps you could link one.

You just made that stuff up didn't you. 

No, I did not make it up.

Actually the link was to a column in the Spectator about the report.

Like I said, you disagree with my opinions and those of the article. Just because you disagree does not mean it does not exist. I could link other articles but you would be in denial, just the same.

Maybe that's why you keep banging on about how Scotland should be able to choose for themselves, when in fact they already have. I believe that is called selective thinking/memory/reading.

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I already did but just for you Vogie (because I like you) here it is again. 

Boris Johnson SLIPS in polls: PM sends election plea as Remainers plot for hung Parliament | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Now its in the Express so lets not be questioning the source shall we?

I really like the bit that said......

BORIS JOHNSON has today urged Sunday Express readers to back the Conservative Party in a “critical once in a generation election” on Thursday.

He asked the public to back him, the public duly obliged and gave him a better than expected result, he could not have asked for anymore. Where-as your SNP asked the same question and was answered with a resounding 'no,' when will you start to take heed and you have been informed before that a referendum bears no resemblance to a General Election, stop trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, the Scots said no, sorry the nats don't like it, but c'est la vie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

He asked the public to back him, the public duly obliged and gave him a better than expected result, he could not have asked for anymore. Where-as your SNP asked the same question and was answered with a resounding 'no,' when will you start to take heed and you have been informed before that a referendum bears no resemblance to a General Election, stop trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, the Scots said no, sorry the nats don't like it, but c'est la vie.

Yes but he said "once in a generation" Vogie.

Does this mean we cant have another general election?

You are now saying that when Johnson says it, it doesnt mean anything but when Salmond or Sturgeon said it that was written in tablets of stone? It is somehow binding.

Do you realise how weak the position of unionists is if THAT is your only argument against another referendum?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The article you linked to was about the EU.

It was nothing to do with the Hamilton report.

You then said I had to find the article in the Spectator myself to back up your claims.

In short you have provided ZERO evidence as to the political leanings and neutrality of the Hamilton report.

Even though you claim to have done extensive research and have read many of them.

So please.

Provide a single, direct, link to an article which does so. I would be very interested to read it.

The link I provided was to the Spectator. No a specific article.

As I said, there was a direct link provided by another poster. You should know that as you read it.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes but he said "once in a generation" Vogie.

Does this mean we cant have another general election?

You are now saying that when Johnson says it, it doesnt mean anything but when Salmond or Sturgeon said it that was written in tablets of stone? It is somehow binding.

Do you realise how weak the position of unionists is if THAT is your only argument against another referendum?

You are being very disingenuous now, you know that a General Election is every 5 years or there-abouts, where-as a referendum is every 75 years. HTH 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And as I said it was a link to the report itself not one which questioned the political leanings or neutrality of the report.

Please provide such a link.

Or did you just make it up?

For the last time.

In your opinion, the article shows no doubts about the outcome. In others' opinions it does.

That is the difference. The article exists, the link exists ( you already know that because you read it) and opinions exist.

Just because you have differing opinions does not mean others "make things up".

It's a bit like 55% of Scottish people having a different opinion about independence than you. It exists even if you don't believe it.

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Where does it say a referendum is every 75 years?

After all we had a referendum on membership of the EU and by my maths 75 years had not passed till we had another one. 

In fact it was only in 1975. 

OK as I'm in a good mood you can have one in 2060, I will let Boris know ASAP. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Which law says that a referendum is every 75 Years?

The only time limit I know of in any UK document is that in the Belfast agreement; and that's a minimum of 7 years.

Hmm...7 years. 2014 + 7 = 2021!

But the Scottish nationalists were so certain they would win they didn't bother with any kind of agreement, did they? 

Was that short sightedness or arrogance? Either way, not a great advert for a group of politicians who thing they can run an independent country.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:48 AM, RuamRudy said:

Is it? I hope not - it is much quicker to type than 'misguided xenophobic isolationist'. 

And what does wanting to leave the UK to try to join the EU make you exactly? A Globalist, with British money in his account printed by Scottish Banks that exchanges for less than a US dollar in Asia.

A dreamer is about the politest way I can put it. Face reality, Scotland is being destroyed by Sturgeon, and things will only get worse without hand outs from the Westminster government, funded by English taxpayers. You have maybe got a case of amnesia on our previous exchanges, or possibly something worse that prevents sentinent  (Adjective 1. Capable of perceiving by the senses; conscious) reasoning by now.

I hope you get your wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, Rookiescot said:

This from an ardent Brexiteer ????

As an English Leave voter I have to say that by now we can see who was telling the lies... Doom, gloom, food shortages and disaster they said.

The number on the bus were gross not net, which was a silly mistake and the press/media said it would all go to the NHS nobody else. Fishing has been fudged but should sort out over the 5 year transition. The City can turn there noses up at EU loans so they will have to settle soon. Liz Truss is doing a great job, or didn't the BBC/Guardian report that?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1