Speculation rife that top cop "Big Joke" is set for RTP comeback

webfact

He seems alright Big Joke.

Obviously not afraid of going up against the top brass if he is suing Prayut!

I too am skeptical about this biometric system and all these daft smart cars.

What a waste of taxpayer money since there are no tourists coming in and/or walking the streets...

Sort em out, BJ!.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Didn't Yingluck and her government basically get removed based upon removing someone from a position without it being done properly or without cause.  Maybe this government will fall as well, but then this is the Teflon Government where nothing sticks or tarnishes it's stellar reputation as the center of the Hub Universe.

Not really the point in regard to yingluck, she and her gang of thieves got removed because they where so corrupt. Quick example her trade minister and his deputy both got jail for several decades for their fake international rice sales scams. 

• Confused 1

Weird, given the Elephant Ticket kerfuffle.

But if he did pay 10m+ for his "promotion" then the people who loaned him the money (very powerful) need him "earning".

And why he doesn't just wait patiently I cannot figure out?

Seems like a split between two factions, and maybe the weakest one is waiting for the stonger one to cool down?

Immigration seems to be running fine without him. Might be a plus if he could get the IT stuff running though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, I know all that, but wasn't the primary reason she was sacked and convicted was not because of Malfeasance but because of the removal from a position of power.

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra removed from office over abuse of power charges | Daily Mail Online

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, 46, was charged with abusing her authority by transferring a senior civil servant to another position in 2011.

Tell me how that is different than what has occurred with "Big Joke" 

I agree re Yingluck; IMHO both abuse of authority re transfer of a civil servant and the massive corruption both key points.

Not sure what your point is re Big Joke.

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I agree re Yingluck; IMHO both abuse of authority re transfer of a civil servant and the massive corruption both key points.

Not sure what your point is re Big Joke.

He was a Senior Civil servant was my point just like the one that took down Yingluck. The PM is trying to tap dance around the issue.  I wish him luck in keeping himself from being taken down by the slick movement he made to hide the corruption he was probably involved with, or was it done to protect Big Joke....

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

just like the one that took down Yingluck.

Amusing take.

That charge was "handy". Had it not been available she would have been charged with illegally imported walkie-talkies, or using playing cards without paying the tax.

Prayuth would not be taken down for this, nor would he lose a court case if it got to the point of being adjudicated.

Hapkarn's meteoric rise up the ranks is the issue. Even though the "government" survived the Elephant Ticket scandal, it's probably too soon to bring him back.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, 46, was charged with abusing her authority by transferring a senior civil servant to another position in 2011.

In other recent news; Aung San Suu Kyi, the state counsellor of Myanmar, was charged with the horrifical crime of illegally importing communication devices into the country. Other charges may be levelled as well.

• Haha 2

He's return might have something to do with him willing to drop the case against P.M or not . My geuss is , when he drops his case against P.M he will return . I think it's getting abit hot under the P.M's feet , and it's not because the weather is changing . 

9 minutes ago, DirtyFarang said:

It's not teflon; it's bullets.  This government has the bullets.

Wait, I thought that was the men in black, and they used ping pong grenades?  I know that Myanmar's Military is using life ammo and reducing the protestors that way.  Hey they are even banning Facebook postings and arresting those that do....Hmmm maybe taking a play from or good PM and his governments playbook.

It will get darker in the days ahead as things start to get rocky for this government and the PM as they bounce along the seashore while trying to stay ahead of the Big Joke scandal and what else rolls out of the dark shadows.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

In other recent news; Aung San Suu Kyi, the state counsellor of Myanmar, was charged with the horrifical crime of illegally importing communication devices into the country. Other charges may be levelled as well.

See mtis2005 just above.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Wont be long before Thailand ends up like Myanmar, especially after Prayut's dummy spit at yesterdays press conference.

Sounds like your saying they are actually different or have been different,I did enjoy watching his dummy spit and spraying alcohol hand sanitiser into the eyes of people asking questions which could be interpreted as assault in some countries. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

He was a Senior Civil servant was my point just like the one that took down Yingluck. The PM is trying to tap dance around the issue.  I wish him luck in keeping himself from being taken down by the slick movement he made to hide the corruption he was probably involved with, or was it done to protect Big Joke....

Or was it because Big Joke became too popular?

Or was it because Big Joke was quite active in many areas and was getting results to catch criminals etc? Or was he, at the same time, treading on someone's toes? 

• Like 2