Am I eligible for Thai citizenship?

20 hours ago, problemfarang said:

im not sure if related or will help you but this is what happened to me;

when i was doing my non-o extension i had to show 40K min. and when we arrived to IO she throwed the 1 year bank statement to me and asked me to show and highlight the 40K income every month and gave me a yellow marker. Well i did 3 or 4 and she said ok thats enough. (khon kaen immigration)

i have a feeling thats what they will do, just check the amount, im pretty sure they will pass that 2-3 months.. wont even notice. when they see 100K many times im pretty sure they will say ok. I wouldnt worry too much, worth the try nothing to lose. go for it all things seem good enough. 

tax time is from JAN to JAN

but start to memorize king's song. thats the hardest part. There will be 5-10 committee members and around 30 listeners. they will give you mic and ask to sing the song. it is 5 points to do. you can pass it but they will deduct your 5 points. Also thai national anthem, again 5 points you can pass but again will lose 5 pts. Total 10

Have you been through the Naturalization process?

First, gaining citizenship has nothing to do with Immigration. 

Second, if you are married to a Thai, you don't have to memorize the king's song or national Anthem. 

On 3/11/2021 at 8:28 AM, problemfarang said:

Hi,

im not sure if your work time is effecting your status to become a thai.

But i believe you should be marry at least 5 years with your wife to apply. Thats what i have been told few months ago and i was married for 8 years. Also your age can help too if your up 50. 

I think that 3 years of work is not for being a thai citizen. You can only apply for permanent residency with that which is really expensive (around 950K)

There are sections you need to do to become a thai citizen in the test and you will get scores from those things. If you can do 50 or up you can be a thai.

good luck

if i was wrong about any info you guys please correct me.

Where did you get this amount?? (950K ) Absolutely ridiculous what you are saying....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

hi. you dont need a yellow book. But to have it gives you points. if you have it for 5 years you get 5 points and if more you get more points. thats all about the yellow book. Well of course its a big plus having it.

wrong you do need a yellow book {also 5 is the max points for a yellow book}

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gt162 said:

What benefits do you get with Thai citizenship?

There are a number of advantages. For instance, you can own land and there is no longer any need to apply for extensions or do 90-day address reporting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gt162 said:

What benefits do you get with Thai citizenship?

Maybe if you do this for a benefit, it is not because you love Thailand and his culture.

Maybe if you think the idea of society, culture and love to be ridiculous or strange, then you should never be a good citizen.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, TaoNow said:

The key question OP needs to ask himself is this: If he plans to return to his (current) home country for a visit in the future, which passport will he use? Be careful about that choice.

If his country doesn't allow dual citizenship, he'll need a visa for his Thai passport.

If his country does allow it, he doesn't have a problem.

• Thanks 1