Tourists to Thailand to wear smart tracking devices

snoop1130

6 hours ago, DJBenz said:

Alternative State Quarantine

Golf Quarantine

Villa Quarantine

Area Quarantine

Digital Yacht Quarantine

Next week, Taxi Quarantine. Simply stay in your Taxi from the airport for three days and two negative tests before you're allowed to check in to your hotel.

You forgot airplane quarantine.

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

A brilliant idea. How many yachts arrive monthly under normal conditions?

Usually quite a lot obviously not this year, From March is normally when they leave especially the sailing boats something to do when the winds change, Where I live at Nai Harn in the south of Phuket we have many boats parked up in the bay this is the time they leave and sail south.

This year has seen very few

Another stupid idea that shows how those at the TAT are out of touch with reality. So these yacht tourists will be confined to their yacht's.

Where will these tourists spend their money that Thailand will benefit from? Besides a 'parking fee' what else. These from the TAT are not the brightest lamps in the street.

I can't wait for the next idea that will keep my obliques exercised for the week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

I'm in yacht quarantine now off Phuket and wearing one. I don't see the big deal. It recoreds temperature, blood pressure? and heart rate from what I can see

Get in the speed boat or small watercraft and go for a spin.  Curious to see if a Navy destroyer is dispatched for not staying on the Yaht, yet no other folks around.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourists in Phuket who arrive on yachts will be required to wear a smart wristband to monitor them

Somehow I don't think wealthy yacht owners who feel like going land-side for a tour or a meal will want to be tagged like a criminal... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Tagged like a criminal they won't be coming anyway.

Could be worse ... Thailand could copy China and require ANAL SWABS of all foreigners.  That would be apropos.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They are trying the opposite. 

But in the end it is always the same end result, not many want to play the games to come here for a two or three week vacation.  Different with the longer term people who would sacrifice a week or two knowing they were here for a longer term.  Yacht folks tend not to stay in one place for weeks on end unless it is near the end of the season and they want to escape the bad weather out on the big pond.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1