Tourists to Thailand to wear smart tracking devices

snoop1130

I can just see well-to-do yachties lining up to be banded like any common criminal,  subject to a court order for a tracking device.

Don't think there are too many authors of fiction that could make this stuff up.

• Like 1

They want your money, but at the same time, they treat you like prisoners - with the awful tracking device, etc. I would rather spend my holiday somewhere else or in my own country. This is like entering some kinda alien planet... I wonder, 'who is the mastermind behind this idea?'

1458CEBA-5CEA-4D0E-AC63-C68592A3F0D0.jpeg

Edited by raccos21
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

They want your money, but at the same time, they treat you like prisoners - with the awful tracking device, etc. I would rather my holiday somewhere else or in my own country. This is like entering some kinda alien planet... I wonder, 'who is the mastermind behind this idea?'

AIS?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

They want your money, but at the same time, they treat you like prisoners - with the awful tracking device, etc. I would rather spend my holiday somewhere else or in my own country. This is like entering some kinda alien planet... I wonder, 'who is the mastermind behind this idea?'

Mastermind, usually infers some type of intellect, it is certainly way-off in this case ????

Incredibly the TAT have outdone themselves, i thought the pot was empty ..... 

Anyway i was always taught to not mock the afflicted so i'll leave you with this little piece of advice from the manual....

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows".  ( Missed out the watches bit ) 

I reckon that just about sums it all up............

4 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

What's next, this one, or this one ?    French-anti-vaccine-protest-940x492.jpg.6b05d55fa9fe0a0cddaddf454d0888f3.jpg

jews_wearing_yellow_star.jpg

Just wanted to say the same, when will our Embassies start to issue them preferable with a chip. In Russia it was called KGB, East Germany stasi or before that gestapo.

One thing we can give the Thai bureaucracy is first place for keeping tourists out of the country. They cry because there are no tourists and a loss of jobs and revenue and then bring in half baked idiotic ideas. If you want tourist back use the "KISS" principle, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tracking devices? Made in which country?

The last time that Thai officioldom tried out any kind of mass digital device seems to have been the brethalyser, six or seven years back.

The Govt brought in tens of thousands of them but (because they weren't an Android app on a smart phone) none of the police could understand how to work them and kept producing silly results. Then they all turned out to be faulty anyway, so were junked.

These noo-fangled devices aren't made by the same Chinese company are they, by any chance? 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourists on yachts will be able to quarantine for 14 days on their vessels offshore. 

The “digital economy expert” seems a tad confused about how yachts work. If the quarantine is completed offshore, then there is no point in a wristband, never mind that there likely won’t be a phone signal.

Thailand killed its own developing charter yacht market years ago by imposing a punitive luxury tax on boats, so all the charter companies moved to Malaysia.  No yotties will come back on this basis.

Why does the Thai media insist on reporting this rubbish which (for once) does not appeared to be linked to TAT

• Like 1

And then - after having checked the numbers - it's hardy worth the investment in the tracking devices, especially seeing that there's no rip-off luxury hotel accomodation and food and drinks to be 'extracted' from the victims.

If coming on by air is proving to be a no-go, then logic dictates thst such a minority altenative such as this will be an even worser go - even a non-go.

Interesting to watch the different straw-clutching ways that government departments and spokesmen react to despair. Hard for them to face the life-shattering reality that Thailand is NOT the best country in the world and that people don't want to go there.

Or even for them to grasp that, in the big wide world outside Thailand, nobody is able to travel!

__$$$Capture.jpg

__$$$Capture2.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starboard said:

Welcome to the land of s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶s̶, s̶m̶i̶r̶k̶s̶ survalance.

Sur-Valance - any relaition to Sir Percival?

Edited by robsamui