Classified Postings Within Local Forums

mallmagician

There are so many classifieds up there each day in the classifieds section. But often you click on an advert, and it is not feasible to purchase due to item location.

Why can't the classifieds be in the local forums? Or at least categorized into regions within a sub-forum?

Mods? Or General Manager (Not sure how this works. :o )

Phil

I'll move this to forum support, as it is the more appropriate place for discussing modifying the existing forum structure.

I like the idea but wonder how workable it would be.

I would further add that this section would be more used. As I would rather place my add in ChiangMai news classifield, or Bahtsold.com, as that means I reach only the target audience for the add.

I hope this can be achieved, as I think it would be of great use to the local forums. A pinned classified thread on each local forum would thrive.

Just my pennies (Or cents, or satangs) worth.

Phil

Maybe divide the classifieds into Bangkok/Pattaya, North, Isaan, South sub-sections. Localizing it any more would be a bit too bloated.

Agree with this. Just those sections needed, perhaps one more for "general" for things that aren't necessarily affected by where they're being sold from.

If it's on topic, I'll mention that we have tentatively decided to allow postings of jobs for teachers in the Teaching Forum. Other possibilities are being discussed.

Makes sense. Though can't really see why it's only "tentative", as there's already a separate Job Offers sub-forum anyway, so it just helps separate them out a bit.