London police face backlash after dragging mourners from vigil for murdered woman

webfact

1 minute ago, polpott said:

From personal experience I can assure you that there are no ginger "collars and cuffs" on Soi 6.

Ha, got you, they don't have any hair anywhere but their heads, so how do you know?   Sorry mods, off topic I know. 

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Hand cuffs and headlocks vs handcuffs and dreadlocks.

When you have a far left organization like BLM and a far left mayor like Sadiq Khan, expect the knee taking to continue.

Can you imagine if Sarah had been black, killed by the same white cop?

Can you imagine the reaction? It would have been the UK version of George Floyd. Riots I'd imagine, with the cops self fallaggelating instead of policing.

Fortunately she was "only" a white woman (possibly a Karen) so all the protesters were quickly dispersed or locked up.

RIP Sarah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Asquith Production said:

Patsy Stevenson, the red-haired woman caught on camera being handcuffed on the ground at the bandstand, received a £200 Covid fine as police tried to remove her from the area.

Are you sure her name was Patsy. looks more like a Pasty to me.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

When you have a far left organization like BLM and a far left mayor like Sadiq Khan, expect the knee taking to continue.

Can you imagine the reaction? It would have been the UK version of George Floyd. Riots I'd imagine, with the cops self fallaggelating instead of policing.

Fortunately she was "only" a white woman (possibly a Karen) so all the protesters were quickly dispersed or locked up.

RIP Sarah.

More of your off topic BLM thing, and imaginary events from which you draw ‘conclusions’. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I can't imagine. It totally unfair all this BLM stuff, with black people getting preferential treatment, especially in the US. 

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Son of a lecturers and I did a small amount of teaching myself shortly after graduating.

That wasn't "anti-teacher sentiment", it was a recognition that many of the SJW crowd have jobs that insulate them from the real world. I would bet you dollars to donuts that half the women who stuck around to fight the police had comfortable jobs funded by the taxpayer.

What my limited experience of the staff room taught me is that, while there are some fine individuals, there are quite a few oddballs who would never survive in a job where they had to interact with adult peers all day, rather than powerless children. 

By the same token, I am certain that there are many adults who would crumble at the thought of having to take responsibility for educating a room of snotty, ungrateful and uncooperative brats. From what I have seen, teaching is not the walk in the park you suggest it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did any plod of any rank even consider the likely PR consequences of dragging women off the street when the reason she was there in the first place was to protest a police officer kidnapping and murdering a woman?

I am seriously tempted to wonder whether their overriding consideration was a perceived need (and possibly subconscious desire) to close ranks behind their allegedly murderous colleague. Too bad in their eyes if this meant their having to adopt brutally repressive tactics to shut down this vigil.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

From what I have seen, teaching is not the walk in the park you suggest it is. 

I suggested no such thing. Again, I have worked as a teacher. What I said is that, while there are some fine individuals, the profession also happens to be a refuge for those who would not flourish in situations where they had to interact with adult peers rather than children.

Three of my sisters washed up in teaching, mainly because they couldn't manage in the various other jobs they tried in their twenties. They are all astonishingly lazy, petulant, and selfish. That did not endear them to fellow employees in regular jobs. I don't believe any of them has a vocation for teaching, but it pays well and is relatively handy.

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am certain that there are many adults who would crumble at the thought of having to take responsibility for educating a room of snotty, ungrateful and uncooperative brats.

Again, I said nothing to suggest that the kids are a joy to be around, although I did rather enjoy it. Clearly, the fact I only spent a month or so doing it proves that it isn't something I consider it a poor deal overall and I'm glad that other people are willing to do it rather than me.

Edited by donnacha
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Its fairly obvious that the Capital is a quite separate entity, culturally, socially and politically from the rest of England, or indeed the rest of the UK. 

Although it falls under the jurisdiction of Greater London and the GLA, the City of London has a special status: it has its own government, its own mayor and its own independent police force.

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

That is not the issue. The issue is how the police carried out their duty and if the current Covid 19 regulations prohibit gatherings then the police are obliged to intervene.

However, I would have thought some kind of compromise should have been sought showing an appreciation for those who wanted to genuinely pay their respects such as having a police presence and allowing a certain number of people at one time for say, a couple of minutes. Now, I don't if that example would be practical but something along those lines would go some way into satisfying both sides and also perhaps eliminate those who deliberately wanted to cause trouble.

"Now, I don't if that example would be practical but something along those lines would go some way into satisfying both sides and also perhaps eliminate those who deliberately wanted to cause trouble."

I too would like to eliminate those who deliberately wanted to cause trouble. I notice the female in the photo has the usual "loud" hair colour of the professional protester.

What are these people really after? All the vigils in the world won't bring back this poor murdered woman, but they could certainly be responsible for more than a few people dying from covid. No, this was an anti-man rally, nothing else.

• Like 2

Just now, jesimps said:

I too would like to eliminate those who deliberately wanted to cause trouble. I notice the female in the photo has the usual "loud" hair colour of the professional protester.

From her skin texture and colouring I would venture her hair is entirely natural and beautiful.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, donnacha said:

Well, you know, there were so many better opportunities. While I could understand the attraction of teaching for some, it would never have given me the intellectual stimulation I needed and, with my taste in travel and cars, I really don't know how I would have survived on so little money.

What that month did give me, however, was a deep and abiding sympathy for anyone stuck in a poorly-paid job that almost no one in society appreciates. Hopefully, soon, teachers will be replaced by iPads.

I'm very well paid so not sure where the poorly paid bit comes from.

I'm also sure after a year of remote teaching online, I know that face to face contact with those with the ability and who are not afraid of the hard work  required to succeed at teaching will never be replaced.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Whats your evidence for that? Are you saying women are incapable of doing the job.

Women are not incapable, just less capable then men.  Big business only cares about profit, if women were as capable as men then there would be more women in the top positions, but they are not as capable as men yet we are in the PC age now so better to put all the women in top positions in Government where the profit is guaranteed (for now) by the tax payer.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

All recent research suggest that women are just as capable or even more capable than men in leadership positions. Just maybe prejudice stands in their way.

This thread is about the met polices actions regarding mourners at a vigil, and Their bosses pathetic response, so why are you trying to derail the thread, bringing in women are better bosses than men, when it is nothing to do with this thread.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, donnacha said:

That was six months ago. The situation is a lot more serious now. The UK is in a desperate fight to get the population vaccinated before more variants emerge. As the weather improves, these super-spreader protests will start popping up all over the country, just as they did in the US last summer (social justice warriors don't like getting wet and cold).

If I remember correctly, the London protest was fairly contained and the organizers were fined £10,000. The police also let this memorial event go ahead despite being illegal. They only moved in to disperse the crowd when most of the people had gone home. That is actually reasonably restrained policing and only the antifa nut-jobs were left.

What has the fact that this protest was held 6 months ago got to do with it? It was just as illegal then as it would have been now. Had the plod done more than retrospectively rap the organisers over the knuckles with £10k fines, we might possibly have not been faced with the "lot more serious now" situation to which you refer. As will be evident from the photos in the link I provided, both mask-wearing and social-distancing were at a premium over a whole swathe of Trafalgar Square. And what's the betting that most of the protesters piled on to overcrowded tube trains afterwards, causing the virus to spread like wildfire?

• Like 2