Thailand Plans to Sign Vaccine Passport Deals Next Month

webfact

8 hours ago, Giving it a Go said:

What happens if you don't want the jab? I don't and I am listening to thousands of doctors from all over the world. They can't all be wrong. I do hope this does not happen. I really do.

I just don't understand why is good for them? If I got the vaccine I will be "protected". But I still spread the virus.

I would've thought that Australia and NZ, which are virtually covid 19 free, would be first cabs off the rank with virtually no community infection rate. Only covid cases are returning travellers from Asia Europe and U.K. who are quarantined on arrival.

18 hours ago, sitti said:

Bunch of westerners who always complain about quarantine, especially here in TV. Many of them badly want to come here but without quarantine. 

The quarantine is not the real problem for the one coming to have an "expatriate life". The problem is the cost of this story time.

But sure it would be a big stop for a tourist, even if free (who can not understand that ? you can stay 30 days, but half close in the hotel... no one will apply for that).

Also, we can look at the fact around this virus, there is nothing more usual than an other one virus in the world story time. What is different there is the way the authorities of sanity have interest in the business around and then, the way they communicate with it.

Never they business was oficialy so close to the political decisions... a hundred years ago, it would be judge as a mafia practice.

By the time, it does exist in the human history some real pandemic story... it is not as if we didn't know anything around... but, looks like many deny or ignore it.

The fear !

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, webfact said:

Department of Disease Control Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong has announced that Thailand was planning to enter into bilateral agreements on vaccine passports with other countries and the vaccine passport scheme will take shape within three months.

Can't see this getting much traction (within three months) except maybe with China?

A post with a link to an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, webfact said:

Department of Disease Control Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong has announced that Thailand was planning to enter into bilateral agreements on vaccine passports with other countries and the vaccine passport scheme will take shape within three months.

Maybe wait for MoFA Minister Don Pramudwinai to chime in.

Until then this stuff is useless, confusing and counterproductive.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, sitti said:

Bunch of westerners who always complain about quarantine, especially here in TV. Many of them badly want to come here but without quarantine. 

Yeah, the whiners. They have 3 weeks of vacation and only need to quarantine for two!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rms499x said:

deprecated. welcome to the new BS.

The "new BS" isn't out yet. It is still being "mulled", passing slowly through the digestive tract. In the meantime, the WHO-standard vaccination certificate booklet is the only vaccination certificate that is recognised and accepted internationally.

4 hours ago, Cocobeach said:

Hi does anyone know what happened if one decide not to take the vaccine? 

Can we still stay in Thailand? 

don't know but if you had COVID already, you should not need vaccine. But they don't plan to care about the free immunity natural people (the one who already had the COVID and survive without any symptom and who don't need any vaccine at all)... strange, isn't it ?

On 3/15/2021 at 4:43 PM, bangon04 said:

No mention of which vaccines will be approved for the vaccine passport.

China has already been reported as stating that they will give priority to those who took the Chinese made vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/12/world/china-vaccines-hong-kong.html

Likey any vaccine approved by the WHO.

13 hours ago, Cocobeach said:

Hi does anyone know what happened if one decide not to take the vaccine? 

Can we still stay in Thailand? 

Nobody knows yet. However, they will likely require it for visa renewals and coming into Thailand.

15 hours ago, Puccini said:

The yellow international WHO-standard booklet is precisely what Thailand proposes to use:

Maybe? Who knows? Yes, various Thai officials have been photgraphed holding different versions of the ancient yellow booklet.

In any event, this is for Thais vaccinated in Thailand, allowing them to travel when there may be a requirement for vaccination.

Any broader effort, say for foreigners vaccinated elsewhere to enter Thailand is completely out of the hands of Thai authorities.

Holding up an old booklet: easy.

Implementation: challenging

6 minutes ago, sekmet said:

Which country will have the most people vaccinated in the shortest time with the most effective vaccine?

So far, Israel. They've used only Pfizer so far, I believe, but have signed a deal with AZ too.

image.png.c90e5b261bb8204aeb78081cfdbed714.png

Edited by DJBenz
  • Thanks 1