Tourism reopening: Four phases on the cards - No quarantine at all from October

webfact

12 hours ago, treetops said:

Apparently figures from Israel, UK and USA indicate that vaccinations are greatly reducing the capability of those vaccinated to infect others, which has been a major concern and why waiting on Thailand's program to kick in was being mooted.

If these figures are accurate there could be no need to wait on the local program.

you know there are people reading this post and don't believe that the vaccine does stop this covid -19 virus and cuts down on people ending up in HOSPITAL  saving lives? 

5 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Vaccinated twice? So anyone with the J&J vax is out of luck?

I had J&J and that was exactly my thoughts...their brains won't have the capacity to think beyond..."If they weren't jabbed twice its not good" mentality , rather than consider that one jab J&J is just as good....I can just see the confusion entering Thailand as the J&J folks get suddenly swept away into quarantine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lingba said:

I had J&J and that was exactly my thoughts...their brains won't have the capacity to think beyond..."If they weren't jabbed twice its not good" mentality , rather than consider that one jab J&J is just as good....I can just see the confusion entering Thailand as the J&J folks get suddenly swept away into quarantine.

bingo, sure to happen!!!

There you go people even if you get thier "vaccine" you still need to go into quarantine. Never mind all the health complications and deaths 45 days is also a joke I like to stay atleast a couple months when I travel. Criminals just decided that they would tell everyone what to do and its embarrassing people are still going along with it over a year later. Just look up the world economic forum and thier disgusting youtube channel they literally tell you what they want to do. AND you still need to pay for these rediculous quarantine hotel prices even if you dont believe me and have had the vaccine already. 

Edited by InevitableCost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonderful plan, meanwhile Thai people, you can expect to be vaccinated, in 2022 to 2024 as long as

you pay for your vaccination.  If you cannot afford that,  no problem.  Is that the Thai logic to this situation?

And the government and TAT think that tourists do not care if the Thai population has been vaccinated or not.

Good luck with your thinking.

Geezer

This report is a suggestion, not actual government policy.

Previously (recently) there was mention of '... if vaccinated within 90 days..' or similar (and with no clear understanding of what it means). 

But this is not mentioned in the report in this thread. 

Hopefully that's good news.

(Yes I know there's discussion about the possible need for an annual booster, but the data is still coming in on this item. If it's needed I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't see this as a fault with the original vaccine serum. I would get the booster and I hope everybody would do the same. Booster date could ultimately be mentioned on the Vaccine Certificate/Passport when a decision on the need for a booster is made.)

16 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Wonderful plan, meanwhile Thai people, you can expect to be vaccinated, in 2022 to 2024 as long as

you pay for your vaccination.  If you cannot afford that,  no problem.  Is that the Thai logic to this situation?

And the government and TAT think that tourists do not care if the Thai population has been vaccinated or not.

Good luck with your thinking.

Geezer

"...  And the government and TAT think that tourists do not care if the Thai population has been vaccinated or not. ..." 

My guess is that folks from other countries who are planning a vacation will aim for countries where a large % of the local population has had the full vaccination and moving towards 99% have had the vaccination. 

Would you be keen to holiday in any of the European countries (and more) still recording tens of thousands of new infections every day and vaccination rate is low and has stalled? I wouldn't. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

bingo, sure to happen!!!

So bring your point to the Thai Ministry of Health - Covid 19 Administration team'.

Easy to find them on the web, lots of English spoken and they listen and where needed discuss with their seniors and call back.

Go for it.

Opening the borders seems to imply they expect 3 million tourists a month back immediately....that just ain't gonna happen..mass unemployment and debt in the West plus no confidence in travelling won't see those numbers for many years to come

• Like 1

Posts with false and misleading information have been removed as well as the related replies. 

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link and the replies have been removed. 

Troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

A post using a trolling image has been removed.

The vaccine hoax is falling apart , and the supposed passport Vaccine will never happen ...So come on vacation and be locked up in our beach Hotel prison  for up to 10 days  before we set you free and your still be limited to where you can travel .... Ill Save my money until I can move freely ! The Gov. keeps flip flopping on when and what to do ...... I'll wait to travel  and go to other beaches and counties now with none of this ridiculousness !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Opening the borders seems to imply they expect 3 million tourists a month back immediately....that just ain't gonna happen..mass unemployment and debt in the West plus no confidence in travelling won't see those numbers for many years to come

Further, many people in many countries:

- Have perhaps just enough funds for survival, and no more.

- Don't have funds for holidays.

- Need time to rebuild their employment before they have an entitlement to holidays and perhaps get into a better situation re health care.

- Need to get help for their kids to rebuild their education path, costs money.

- See an urgent need to save a nest egg for the future.

- Not expose their family to the chance of catching the Covid 19 infection. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexBubba said:

The vaccine hoax is falling apart , and the supposed passport Vaccine will never happen ...So come on vacation and be locked up in our beach Hotel prison  for up to 10 days  before we set you free and your still be limited to where you can travel .... Ill Save my money until I can move freely ! The Gov. keeps flip flopping on when and what to do ...... I'll wait to travel  and go to other beaches and counties now with none of this ridiculousness !

Not without a vaccine you won’t 

• Like 1

Israel is now the most vaccinated country in the world. around 90% of the adult

population has been vaccinated at least once, and 60% twice.

however, there is no decline in infections and sickness, alltough there is a slight

decline in severe sickness.

seems like this vaccine (pfizer) does not work. but the government wont admit it.

here is a link for an article that qoute top medic to support this claim:

https://www.maariv.co.il/corona/corona-israel/Article-827874

I for one would not want to visit any country where only a small fraction of the population have been vaccinated, by a vaccine coming from an an unreliable source. Rightly or wrongly my wife has been offered the Chinese vaccine but has refused it. 

42 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Israel is now the most vaccinated country in the world. around 90% of the adult

population has been vaccinated at least once, and 60% twice.

however, there is no decline in infections and sickness, alltough there is a slight

decline in severe sickness.

seems like this vaccine (pfizer) does not work. but the government wont admit it.

here is a link for an article that qoute top medic to support this claim:

https://www.maariv.co.il/corona/corona-israel/Article-827874

In the article it says:  in the hospital he is responsible for, there are still 48 corona patients, six of them respirators and four in critical condition. The director of the medical center added that out of all the patients hospitalized, only one was vaccinated, all the other 47 corona patients were unvaccinated.

He also says the vaccine works, recommends everyone to continue to be vaccinated, and says it seems to work for all strains, and should be valid for more than 6 months.  Good enough for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Maliproto said:

While you're picking apart the article you should bear in mind that the article clearly says that all this is nothing more than speculation at this stage, it is not policy.

The article does not say  "1 day in quarantine would be necessary", it says that "one day's quarantine could be necessary".

Quarantine, vaccines, observation periods, what will happen is what will fill the pockets of the unelected "PM" and his soldiers the most, doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, hotel owners etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Scofield said:

There is always going to be a death rate with this now. No escaping it.

It’s sad but you better get used to it.

What is the global annual death rate for influenza?

• Like 1