Tourism reopening: Four phases on the cards - No quarantine at all from October

webfact

18 hours ago, DefaultName said:

There's no point in 1 day anyway.  If you test clear within 3 days of flying here, and get the virus, then most likely you picked it up on route.  In most cases it takes a minimum of 4 days to show up, so it won't show in a test a day later.

IMO, quarantine or don't, but whatever you do, have the doctors decide on how long, not the politicians.

Only one thing, there will be as much greed with the doctors as the politicians. This pandemic is sure making a lot of people rich. I hope karma gets the lot of them.

• Like 1

Not wanting to pee on their fire but the top virus scientists state that whilst at the moment the current vaccines are doing a good job the whole scene will change in the last quarter of this year when other strains will emerge that will possibly not be affected by the current range of vaccines and therefore will lead to another global inoculation year on year . 

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Case/fatality rate:

Australia 3.12%

UK 2.95%
Germany 2.84%

Belgium 2.78%

EU 2.39%

USA 1.82%

Some of these places do have good vaccination programs though.

percent about what ?

About tested positive cases ? or contaminated ?

not dead one.

If you try to count with anything other, you will scare about everything then ?

2 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

percent about what ?

About tested positive cases ? or contaminated ?

not dead one.

If you try to count with anything other, you will scare about everything then ?

It's the percentage of people who contracted the virus that subsequently died of it's effects. I think when it first started early last year, China was quoting around a 3% rate (but then, who believes news that comes out of China?).

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is the global annual death rate for influenza?

"Influenza is a serious global health threat that impacts all countries: every year, there are an estimated 1 billion cases, 3-5 million severe cases, and 290 000-650 000 influenza-related respiratory deaths worldwide."

Since 31 December 2019 and as of week 2021-9, 117 160 237 cases of COVID-19 (in accordance with the applied case definitions and testing strategies in the affected countries) have been reported, including 2 598 892 deaths.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sdweller said:

Some here are still worried about people coming from "high risk" areas... but it does not matter WHERE you come from IF you don't have the virus (you've been tested multiple times)....and you are vaccinated!   So time to stop worrying about "high risk" areas, they are becoming irrelevant with vaccines and screening. 

the communication concept (who is working perfectly good) about "high risk area" or any other "risky" speech target is to propagate a the fear and panic to be able to freeze the intelligence of low IQ people to next sale something they will have to paid for for have a "safety" life.

It works perfectly for many years in the human history. And if you target it as it is too much, you risk to be censored or even banned on next turn. You will be the dark duck to add in a such of black list... you will be considerate as a "plotting" people, nevermind what you said, for a brain in a fear panic mode, you become the evil. Then, it's so ashamed to confess to being in Panic and to have drunk all the story like an idiot, that never the victims will dare in full ...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It's the percentage of people who contracted the virus that subsequently died of it's effects. I think when it first started early last year, China was quoting around a 3% rate (but then, who believes news that comes out of China?).

No, you should read it again carefuly from the authority statistic site and try to improve yourself the calculus to check what can be wrong or not (be careful).

The fact is that they count people dead WITH a Sars COV-2 positive test, and absolutely not the one dead BECAUSE of the COVID. In my country for example, in the hospital, they get money back if a death case is accounted for, with "COVID test" (but there is no "COVID test" really, there is "Sars-COV-2 test", because sars-cov-2 is the virus, and COVID the disease from).

It is very different, and when you are going to look for the people dead in 2019 to compare with death in 2020, then any other annual death before (each year), then apply a statistic curve to substract 2019 death cases with 2020 death case, minus this indicator of death because of growing population, then you will have the real probability of this number after to compare to the total number of the population.

You will be under 0.3% ! (between 0.1 to 0.3%)

State taxation agencies have other much more complicated calculations of statistics to detect cheaters (those whose statement can not stick absolutely with any reality).
And here it smells bad.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

"Influenza is a serious global health threat that impacts all countries: every year, there are an estimated 1 billion cases, 3-5 million severe cases, and 290 000-650 000 influenza-related respiratory deaths worldwide."

Since 31 December 2019 and as of week 2021-9, 117 160 237 cases of COVID-19 (in accordance with the applied case definitions and testing strategies in the affected countries) have been reported, including 2 598 892 deaths.

please, go to dig deeper to understand the numbers they expose this way so simply and how they are playing with... just do it to see by yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, jerolamo said:

please, go to dig deeper to understand the numbers they expose this way so simply and how they are playing with... just do it to see by yourself.

Yes, they have been using deaths that are more than a 'normal' year to get an idea too.

There's also the fact that some countries are counting deaths differently with regard to COVID19 or underlying cause deaths.

I've been trying to look at cases/deaths etc per million or per 100,000 population when comparing countries/stats.

Complicated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, they have been using deaths that are more than a 'normal' year to get an idea too.

There's also the fact that some countries are counting deaths differently with regard to COVID19 or underlying cause deaths.

I've been trying to look at cases/deaths etc per million or per 100,000 population when comparing countries/stats.

Complicated.

Sure it is, and when they do present the story as something very easy to understand, it smell bad, because it is not so easy (why they want it to be ?).

1/ As you said, there is, in first place, the account they made with (for example, we can see in Republic of Congo or in Laos countries that there is close to no "case", ion Thailand at first time, the same, but more you test, more you see the virus life), and the real fact is the velocity of contamination power of the virus (i think it is the only one true when they speak about the virus officially). But this can be the fact for absolutely everything and from ever as long as you look closer on the target you decide to be.

2/ There is the growing of the population (world wide, so in each country) to count with, so the death number increase in the same way, that is logic, we can not pass on that too.

3/ There is the fact that human in "rich" countries become older because they can have a longer life by technology practices and safety concerns protection (and that is and was always true that: more money, more luck to survive and have a quiet life). So the vulnerability of this growing old population is clearly highly accurate. And in this Sars-cov-2 virus time (coronavirus family), the target (as for everything about virus) is largely for human upper than 70 years old.  And in my own country (but same for many other in US and Europe), this period count a large of old babies-boomer at the end of the road life, so the death rate increase in relation with that too.

4/ In the target list of seek and death people, we should look closer at the health condition too. That is sure that a virus will be efficient even more on a low powered and seek people than on a strong one (not all the time, but a large majority of the time). We can not also deny this fact ( a fact who is not new in the world and not only for humans). not only older are in bad condition and still can have a long life, but younger survive better even if a big health problem would not let them have a life some years ago (half a century times ago only), these category of low powered population is not strong enough for any virus infection by nature too.

Do we have to do as if all of this are not a reality ? So we have to split number to see which part of the population is concerned by the virus (not only this popular one, but any, and if it is normal to kill a society for the older inactive one that we can protect an other one reasonable way and better, if we do not account them, clearly, this virus is nothing).

Let's look at the real world how it is build by itself... a virus is an organism in life process, same as a human or a vegetal or anything else who is in life. The symbiotic reality is meaning that billion of different viruses exists (and this sars-cov-2 has already many thousand of variants been, the way we are speaking about a new variant is the way we decide WHEN it becomes a new one in his progressive life evolution/adaptation, and you and me are not conculted to decide when or why, on which criteria... we should also call sars-cov-2 an other one name... but this is not good for some lobby)

We can not mix the number of old and young people and speak as it would be the same for everybody, because it is absolutely wrong. So why are they doing this ?

Now if you look at the facts about sars-cov-2 and you target on active aged population and also the next one (the youngest who represent our future and who are, by nature, the first class to protect from any problem to increase sour human been population to survive), the death rate is under 0.001 %. Compared to suicide cases (that they never talk about and who is 3 times upper than road accident death rate) it is absolutely irrelevant.

so this number: 3% is wrong and ten time over estimated, but also, we should talk about the target.

21 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I hope the tourists come back soon and in their droves because I am sick of hearing the same broken record every day  :wacko:

Not gonna happen. Thailand is already being forgotten. You don't just announce you are open after 18-24 months and they flood the country in droves. A once vibrant  industry has been subjected to army sabotage. 

Hmmm, the headline says no quarantine at all, but if you read the text, it says that there COULD be a one day quarantine, even for vaccinated tourists.
And what about all the other hoops they want us to jump thru?
Certificate of entry?
Fit to fly certificate?
Will it still be necessary to have a COVID insurance from a Thai insurer or is my own health insurance (which covers COVID related issues) enough?
And what about those nice apps they want us to run on our smartphones? ThailandPlus, MorChana, ThaiChana, WhateverChana?
What about mandatory mask wearing?
What about the emergency decree and the closing time?

There are plenty of questions still to be answered.

5 hours ago, Rohe60 said:

Hmmm, the headline says no quarantine at all, but if you read the text, it says that there COULD be a one day quarantine, even for vaccinated tourists.
And what about all the other hoops they want us to jump thru?
Certificate of entry?
Fit to fly certificate?
Will it still be necessary to have a COVID insurance from a Thai insurer or is my own health insurance (which covers COVID related issues) enough?
And what about those nice apps they want us to run on our smartphones? ThailandPlus, MorChana, ThaiChana, WhateverChana?
What about mandatory mask wearing?
What about the emergency decree and the closing time?

There are plenty of questions still to be answered.

Indeed there are. I do not wish to rain on anyone's parade, but the history of Thais getting it wrong is long and varied. Personally I very much doubt that COVID-19 is even close to finishing its game with humankind just yet, and I strongly suspect  that, at the end of this year, we'll be having the same or at least a similar conversation. I guess we'll see.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:58 AM, jaiyen said:

What about Australia ? We have Zero cases. Maybe Thailand has forgot about how much Australian people have done for them.

No-one really cares about you lot lol. May as well be on the moon as easy as you've had it regard keeping it out... being like 17 trillion miles from anywhere. ????

On 3/15/2021 at 6:13 AM, John Drake said:

UK? Italy? Germany? "Low risk?

Yes, that was a poppy out eye moment. Must be a typo. However, UK is now one of the least infected places in Europe. Go figure, huh...  some europhile will be along in a sec to pour scorn on that. 

• Sad 1

On 3/15/2021 at 2:22 PM, robertson468 said:

Italy just going back into Lockdown.  Don't these Guys read the National Press?  Oh, sorry TIT, the hub of all knowledge.

And no one allowed to leave England for vacation purposes, come on you guys in power catch up with the rest of the world, or is this another side  effect of the vaccine

• Like 1

I will be happy when everyone had had the covid vaccines and most of the world can start to get back to a more

normal life again.  I will never go to some country that has not had the most of their population vaccinated against this

killer virus. Covid is not Ebola, thankfully, but it is not like any other flu virus either.  I do hope that all the anti vaxxers

have to stay home in their home country if they do refuse a vaccine. No land crossings, ship crossings or airline crossings

allowed unless you are vaccinated, period.  Seeing the people in USA on Spring break at the beaches just makes me wonder

why America won't lose another half million to the virus before they are over it.  That thought goes to all countries that the people go to the beaches 

and mix in groups as if the virus does not exist.  Super spreaders are just stupid people, and you cannot fix stupid.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I will be happy when everyone had had the covid vaccines and most of the world can start to get back to a more

normal life again.  I will never go to some country that has not had the most of their population vaccinated against this

killer virus. Covid is not Ebola, thankfully, but it is not like any other flu virus either.  I do hope that all the anti vaxxers

have to stay home in their home country if they do refuse a vaccine. No land crossings, ship crossings or airline crossings

allowed unless you are vaccinated, period.  Seeing the people in USA on Spring break at the beaches just makes me wonder

why America won't lose another half million to the virus before they are over it.  That thought goes to all countries that the people go to the beaches 

and mix in groups as if the virus does not exist.  Super spreaders are just stupid people, and you cannot fix stupid.

Geezer

How about the very low percentage of vulnerable people protect themself with vaccines?
Maybe less vulnerable people that are scared of this "killervirus" can protect themselves with vaccines as well and then everything is clear?

I still do not understand why everyone needs to be vaccinated? Everyone who wants can do that and then we can live on?

And please do not try to argue with the 1-2% of people who cannot receive a vaccine, that we need to protect them. We are supposed to live in a so called "democracy", so when (depending on the country) 20-60% of the population simply does not want to get vaccinated because they are scared and do not want to live with digital identity passports being scanned everywhere, the opinion of these 20-60% should be valued by the numbers.

On 3/16/2021 at 5:40 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

False. [NEEDS CITATION]

That's a talking point of uneducated, ignorant Covidiots.

You forget to mention there is evidence that Covid can cause long term heart damage, even to people who are healthy and had no symptoms.

Everybody who is not speaking like you want are idiot, for sure...

I never said COVID (or any other coronavirus family) can not cause long term damages. And it is not my fault if you do not understand what i wrote.

You definitely miss the point, and that is not a proof of big intelligence my friend, so we should be idiots together.

I believe that everyone has the choice to vaccinate against the covid 19 virus. The people who absolutely cannot

get a vaccine, should go to their family doctor and see if that is a for sure thing, or that they are just scared of getting a needle.

I have relatives that do not get many shots, but are lining up for this vaccine as they have gotten old like me and do not want to catch this

virus.  As they have said, most flus are not killer flus like the covid 19 virus.  So in my belief, no vaccine, no international travel.

Well my opinion anyway.\Geezer

• Like 1