Recommend a good Pizza Place in Pattaya?

Dart12

It looks a little off kilter as it was fresh from the oven, then I strapped it to the bike and made a short stop on the way home, so it was sitting at a bit of an angle for a couple of minutes.

I ordered a Salami pizza simply by using Messenger. Asked for them to add some ham and sliced olives.
cost - 199 baht.

Was ready in 15 minutes. (You have to wait at the gate at the village entrance if you are picking it up.)

Note: I'm not a connoisseur and every person's idea of what is good is different. I find this pizza quite tasty. The crust is chewy, not hard or dry. It's thin on the bottom and they don't go heavy on the cheese or sauce.

I'm kind of happy that I went with this instead of the nasty green curry/pork sausage/udon noodle/red chili witches brew I was going to make tonight (which would have been an OK choice as well but probably worse for the waist than this pizza) !

163139347_10159031752539220_3899122389302152464_o.thumb.jpg.5dbe97abbf00436233d6ee58271ce86e.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It looks a little off kilter as it was fresh from the oven, then I strapped it to the bike and made a short stop on the way home, so it was sitting at a bit of an angle for a couple of minutes.

I ordered a Salami pizza simply by using Messenger. Asked for them to add some ham and sliced olives.
cost - 199 baht.

Was ready in 15 minutes. (You have to wait at the gate at the village entrance if you are picking it up.)

Note: I'm not a connoisseur and every person's idea of what is good is different. I find this pizza quite tasty. The crust is chewy, not hard or dry. It's thin on the bottom and they don't go heavy on the cheese or sauce.

I'm kind of happy that I went with this instead of the nasty green curry/pork sausage/udon noodle/red chili witches brew I was going to make tonight (which would have been an OK choice as well but probably worse for the waist than this pizza) !

163139347_10159031752539220_3899122389302152464_o.thumb.jpg.5dbe97abbf00436233d6ee58271ce86e.jpg

That has the look of a Napoli style pizza.. also your description of a chewy crust suggests the same conclusion.

12 minutes ago, bobbin said:

That has the look of a Napoli style pizza.. also your description of a chewy crust suggests the same conclusion.

Indeed - that is the name of the place (Pizza Napoli) in the link on the previous page (https://www.facebook.com/stoneovenpattaya).

From their FB page:
"the original neapolitan pizza style from the hot fire stone oven an incomparable taste experience unique in pattaya"

This is their entire menu. No pastas. No drinks. No Thai food. No appetizers. Just these pizzas:

162191163_161211072494839_642421817592204171_o.thumb.jpg.e41afc20b4b7c3d6ec79018e8988365d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Indeed - that is the name of the place (Pizza Napoli) in the link on the previous page (https://www.facebook.com/stoneovenpattaya).

From their FB page:
"the original neapolitan pizza style from the hot fire stone oven an incomparable taste experience unique in pattaya"

This is their entire menu. No pastas. No drinks. No Thai food. No appetizers. Just these pizzas:

162191163_161211072494839_642421817592204171_o.thumb.jpg.e41afc20b4b7c3d6ec79018e8988365d.jpg

Here is what a Neapolitan pizza is  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza  this sounds pretty good...

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 4:00 PM, HarrySeaman said:

If you want good pizza, make it yourself.  Either cook it on a preheated pizza stone or cast iron griddle.  If you use a preheated cast iron griddle sprinkle it with corn meal, immediately put the pizza on top the corn meal treated area, then right back into your oven. 

Pizza dough is easy to make.  Italian chef Gennaro's Homemade Pizza has a simple recipe for the dough and and example of some of the toppings possible.  Also YouTube - Learn How to Make the Best Homemade Pizza with Gennaro Contaldo | Citalia

This is a super simple and delicious sauce.  YouTube - Marinara Sauce the Easy Way - Chef Jean-Pierre

You can also start with the Italian holy trinity of finely chopped onion, carrots, and celery for a little more complex and sweeter flavor.  Use good virgin olive oil, which is easy to find, but don't overheat the pot and cook low and slow or you will burn the oil - 10 minutes minimum and longer is better to get lightly caramelized sweet tasting vegetables.  If you want garlic in your sauce finely chop it, add it to the cooked onion or holy trinity, and as soon as you smell the garlic (about 30 seconds) add the tomatoes to capture the fruity flavor of the garlic. If you don't add the tomatoes as soon as you smell the garlic the flavor will escape into the air or the garlic can burn and turn bitter.  Cook the sauce long and slow as Chef Jean-Pierre explains until it tastes sweet with no bitterness.  Add water if the sauce gets too thick while cooking.  Thai holy basil (the basil with the purple stems) is good to use.  Time is taste when it comes to marinara sauce.

Italian type sausages and cheeses are easily available at places like the BigC deli counters.  Just be sure to get good mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano that you have to grate yourself - none of that pregrated <deleted> sold in the US which is poor quality parmigiano, is stale, and has added wood fiber fillers to keep the grated cheese from sticking together so you can shake it out of the container.  In the US pizzas are almost always made with grated mozzarella but in some regions of Italy blobs of fresh mozzarella are used instead.

Lazada has a fine Thai made cast iron 44 * 23cm griddle/grill that costs only 576 Bt and can be used in the oven or on top the range/hob.  BeChief Thai Cast Iron Griddle/Grill

Lazada also sells a selection of "pizza stones" for cooking at around 600 Bt.

My wife learned to make great pizza. Since then, I am always disappointed when I eat pizza out. She uses Italian flour and olive oil. Good quality cheese and a home made pizza sauce. Delish! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

My wife learned to make great pizza. Since then, I am always disappointed when I eat pizza out. She uses Italian flour and olive oil. Good quality cheese and a home made pizza sauce. Delish! 

Its like this with most food.......At home you can control what ingredients you use...like no bloody MSG and all the other garbage........I feel better with home cooked food...

• Like 2