Recommend a good Pizza Place in Pattaya?

Dart12

3 hours ago, nightfox said:

New York Pizza house is one of the best in Pattaya. Plenty of cheese and sauce.

New York pizza (NYP) use to be good 3 years ago and earlier. In the last couple of years it has not been as good. In fact the last 2 times I went there about 1 year ago, there was very little cheese.  For pizza that is 2 times or more the price of pizza at other places, its not worth the price and its off my list. Even Dominos pizza is better quality and lower price. Holiday Inn has a 2 for 1 special on now, its delicious but it is thin crust.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

New York pizza (NYP) use to be good 3 years ago and earlier. In the last couple of years it has not been as good. In fact the last 2 times I went there about 1 year ago, there was very little cheese.  For pizza that is 2 times or more the price of pizza at other places, its not worth the price and its off my list. Even Dominos pizza is better quality and lower price. Holiday Inn has a 2 for 1 special on now, its delicious but it is thin crust.

I've tried like 10 places in a year and they have all been like crackers with lightly sprinkled cheese on top basically lol.  
I even tried paying for double cheese and sauce once.  I couldn't even tell the difference.

Capones was my favorite by far...of course it went belly up first lockdown.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:39 PM, norfolkandchance said:

I don’t eat Pizza in Thailand. I live in Italy ! Just ask for recommendations on the ste and members will respond.

Bacco Beach in NaJomtien is pretty good.  You can sit with your toes in the sand, watch the sunset, have a great bottle of wine, and pretty good pizza!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maxx58 said:

"I do indeed like so-called 'deep dish pizza.' It's very tasty, But it should not be called pizza. It should be called a tomato pie. Real pizza is Neapolitan. It is thin. It is chewy and crispy, OK?" - The late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

I agree!

I agree.  And I try to avoid excess carbs.  Already spoiling myself with ANy pizza.  Why I want a good one ???? when cheating.

• Like 1

If you want good pizza, make it yourself.  Either cook it on a preheated pizza stone or cast iron griddle.  If you use a preheated cast iron griddle sprinkle it with corn meal, immediately put the pizza on top the corn meal treated area, then right back into your oven. 

Pizza dough is easy to make.  Italian chef Gennaro's Homemade Pizza has a simple recipe for the dough and and example of some of the toppings possible.  Also YouTube - Learn How to Make the Best Homemade Pizza with Gennaro Contaldo | Citalia

This is a super simple and delicious sauce.  YouTube - Marinara Sauce the Easy Way - Chef Jean-Pierre

You can also start with the Italian holy trinity of finely chopped onion, carrots, and celery for a little more complex and sweeter flavor.  Use good virgin olive oil, which is easy to find, but don't overheat the pot and cook low and slow or you will burn the oil - 10 minutes minimum and longer is better to get lightly caramelized sweet tasting vegetables.  If you want garlic in your sauce finely chop it, add it to the cooked onion or holy trinity, and as soon as you smell the garlic (about 30 seconds) add the tomatoes to capture the fruity flavor of the garlic. If you don't add the tomatoes as soon as you smell the garlic the flavor will escape into the air or the garlic can burn and turn bitter.  Cook the sauce long and slow as Chef Jean-Pierre explains until it tastes sweet with no bitterness.  Add water if the sauce gets too thick while cooking.  Thai holy basil (the basil with the purple stems) is good to use.  Time is taste when it comes to marinara sauce.

Italian type sausages and cheeses are easily available at places like the BigC deli counters.  Just be sure to get good mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano that you have to grate yourself - none of that pregrated <deleted> sold in the US which is poor quality parmigiano, is stale, and has added wood fiber fillers to keep the grated cheese from sticking together so you can shake it out of the container.  In the US pizzas are almost always made with grated mozzarella but in some regions of Italy blobs of fresh mozzarella are used instead.

Lazada has a fine Thai made cast iron 44 * 23cm griddle/grill that costs only 576 Bt and can be used in the oven or on top the range/hob.  BeChief Thai Cast Iron Griddle/Grill

Lazada also sells a selection of "pizza stones" for cooking at around 600 Bt.

Edited by HarrySeaman
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, Banana7 said:

LOL........Better taste and quality sure OK,  maybe if we were in America I would agree. The Dominoes in Thailand is the worst tasting pizza I ever had. Taste nothing like in the West. Did you ever think why their pizza is so cheap. They couldn't even give it free to attract any costumers.

• Like 1

Good pizza?  You are asking a lot.....????

Most of the time I just duck into The Pizza Company and get the small pizza with a side salad.....it fills the urge and not much else.....NY Pizza?  If I go there just eat the box the pizza comes in and leave it at that! ????????

Edited by chicowoodduck
Spell check
  • Haha 2

Pan Pan in Jomtien is the closest to NY pizza.  I grew up in New York.  I wouldn't touch a Pizza Company pizza with a ten foot pole.

Call me a snob, I don't care.  Bronx Pizza used to be pretty good when he had that little shop on Soi Diana near 2nd Road.

Chicago deep dish style has the cheese on the inside-that's why you don't see it.

Really, you have to go to Soho NY Pizza in Bangkok to get the real deal pepperoni and 18" slices.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, Dart12 said:

ok.  done. But have you got a personal recommendation?

I wish someone could make a pizza with bacon egg and sausage, without any cheese or the various salads, but even with a nice sauce.

Edited by possum1931

17 hours ago, nightfox said:

LOL........Better taste and quality sure OK,  maybe if we were in America I would agree. The Dominoes in Thailand is the worst tasting pizza I ever had. Taste nothing like in the West. Did you ever think why their pizza is so cheap. They couldn't even give it free to attract any costumers.

I don't even like domino's in the west.  Only one worse is Pizza Hut in the west

21 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Unfortunately no restaurant, delivery only.

Lol - it is literally 190 meters from my house ! (but 800 by road).

Might have to grab a quick shower and head over there for a peek.

(It appears to be a private home in the TW City 1 "village" on Soi Khao Noi. )

Edited by Kerryd
  • Thanks 1