Police officers hurt, vehicles set on fire in violent protest in Bristol, England

webfact

1 hour ago, BenDeCosta said:

Through all of these issues, the only guarantees are that MPs will keep getting paid, and that they'll get a nice pay rise.

For everyone else, it's tough s**t.

Perhaps you want to go back to the days when MPs were not paid an parliament was reserved for the rich, a place mo

working class person could ever dream of going to represent their own community.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

why don't the bar stool, keyboard and sit on the sofa warriors actually get up, get a policy and get elected. It really is not that difficult.

People do that........and the successful ones are the ones that are currently our MP's.........where do you think MP's come from?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

So what is your point? The people that slag off the MPs for what they are perceived to do, become one and the same?

Surely the TV members that constantly whinge would make great MPs. They know it all, are holier than thou and are squeaky clean.

Dont think we could do a worse job than the shower currently serving as MPs.

Anyway there are plenty of bar stools, keyboards and sofas in the houses of parliament.

Given the bars are subsidised whats not to like?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Dont think we could do a worse job than the shower currently serving as MPs.

Anyway there are plenty of bar stools, keyboards and sofas in the houses of parliament.

Given the bars are subsidised whats not to like?

Go on then. You seem to know so much about things. Become an MP and wow us with your success.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Go on then. You seem to know so much about things. Become an MP and wow us with your success.

Why is it wrong to expect better from those paid to do their job.

If your football team is losing everything should you suffer in silence or demand those paid to do their job do it better.

Your argument is a nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

One thing that has always confused me.

People banging on about MPs, parliament and government. How bad they are, how they only do things to appease themselves, to make money, how they don't care about the population, how they get paid too much, etc., etc, et al.

However, I've never seen even one person actually get off their a%@# and do any thing about it. 

If the job is so easy, lucrative and is a general money spinner or if there are not enough honest and hard working ones, then why don't the bar stool, keyboard and sit on the sofa warriors actually get up, get a policy and get elected. It really is not that difficult.

So you have never heard of the idiot Farage?

Ex-leader of UKIP, ex-leader of the Brexit Party and the one that forced David Hameron into a referendum because he thought UKIP would wipe them out? 7 times Farage tried to get elected, 7 times he failed - even though the support for Brexit was around 50% of the electorate at the time. Farage spent 30 years trying to get into parliament. He even had widespread support in the press and still failed.

If you're not in one of the main 2 parties, you can hope to get elected and possibly succeed, but you will never get as far as forming a government to actually be able to do anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I dont need to become a mechanic to say my car service is bad.

I dont need to become a teacher to know some are bad.

I dont need to become a policeman to know some are dodgy.

What i can do is let it be known the faults of politicians and hope they become more trustworthy than used car salesmen.

If you have any issue with a bad meal should you never mention it because you never bothered to become a chef?

So you have taken my post totally out of context to please yourself. You might make a good politician. 555

• Like 2

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Well I know Brexit is a shambles and an utterly stupid idea so I'm already way ahead of our current Prime Minister.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mrfill said:

So you have never heard of the idiot Farage?

Ex-leader of UKIP, ex-leader of the Brexit Party and the one that forced David Hameron into a referendum because he thought UKIP would wipe them out? 7 times Farage tried to get elected, 7 times he failed - even though the support for Brexit was around 50% of the electorate at the time. Farage spent 30 years trying to get into parliament. He even had widespread support in the press and still failed.

If you're not in one of the main 2 parties, you can hope to get elected and possibly succeed, but you will never get as far as forming a government to actually be able to do anything.

Yes, I have heard of him. Doesn't mean I'm going to bang on about him but then not back up my views with any first hand knowledge.

Interesting that you you call him an idiot. Didn't he get what he wanted? I wouldn't call success "idiotic".

• Thanks 2