Police officers hurt, vehicles set on fire in violent protest in Bristol, England

webfact

23 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

,being taught by left wing and woke teachers ,

So you'd prefer Right wing teachers jeez, the UK has community cops on the beat, and constant patrol cars with CV everywhere that WORK and are monitored 24/7. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

As a teacher, 25 years in UK state schools,.....I can assure you that is all they do...teach.......there is, I am sure, a broad spectrum of political views held by teachers and those views remain private, even in the staff room. The notion that kids are indoctrinated in anyway is beyond ludicrous and a notion  propagated by rightwing nut jobs.

Is that what you told your pupils?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, shy coconut said:

From what I understand, the actual demonstration was a peaceful well organized occasion with the majority wearing masks etc.

It was the rent a mob "anarchist" types who often hijack these events who turned violently against the police.

from what I saw from the streaming of this event (sun, ruptly) online, masks were not being worn by many and  even less in the EU various protests during the same time period (against lockdowns and mask wearing) Such a shame to be so close in possibly getting an advantage over covid  (through the vax) only to allow super spreader events. Buddha help us all if a deadlier disease is let loose..

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, webfact said:

"Thuggery and disorder by a minority will never be tolerated," she said.

It is tolerated all the time. It was tolerated last summer. It will be tolerated this summer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Most of these people rioting in Bristol couldn't give a rat's ass about the aim of the protest, they are just there to cause trouble because they are a bunch of loony anarchists. I've spent a lot of time there, I've met these types. They'll gladly tell you about how they only eat vegan food and meditate everyday, but they are full of hatred and violence for people who think anything different to them. 

Out of curiosity, how many have you spoken with in order to come to that conclusion?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would agree the cycling vegans i mix with are always looking for a fight (mainly with each other).

As I posted before, used to live in Bristol in the 1970s, always protests and violence in the centre of town.

Please, leave your problems with cyclists out of this.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Out of curiosity, how many have you spoken with in order to come to that conclusion?

Thanks to the wonder of WhatsApp, I'm in regular contact with some of my old friends and colleagues there and this is the general consensus. Of course, they could be wrong, but I don't think so. Apparently the main aim of the "protest" was decent and well-meaning, but was high-jacked by a bunch of people looking to cause trouble. Many people in Bristol seem to have extreme-left views and opinions.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Thanks to the wonder of WhatsApp, I'm in regular contact with some of my old friends and colleagues there and this is the general consensus. Of course, they could be wrong, but I don't think so. Apparently the main aim of the "protest" was decent and well-meaning, but was high-jacked by a bunch of people looking to cause trouble.

OK so second hand information.

Gotchya!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Yes, you got me. You think I can be here and in Bristol at the same time?

What I think is irrelevant, what I know (because you just confirmed it) is you have no firsthand knowledge of the motivations of the people you are so keen to denigrate and we only have your word for the existence of the secondhand  information you say you base your comments on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What I think is irrelevant, what I know (because you just confirmed it) is you have no firsthand knowledge of the motivations of the people you are so keen to denigrate and we only have your word for the existence of the secondhand  information you say you base your comments on.

Yawn. I'm just conveying my opinions and the information I have been provided, ignore at your leisure. This isn't a court of law where I need to provide signed affidavits from what my friends have told me. If you don't believe what I have said, just ignore it. I respect what you say, but just because I didn't have first hand knowledge of something doesn't mean it's not worth saying.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1