Anything missing in your life?

simon43

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

Could you share a few cheese making secrets?

Is it possible to make a decent cheddar or edam cheese at home?

It is but the milk is too expensive in Thailand.

Really you need to be able to source your milk from a farm at cost price.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It is but the milk is too expensive in Thailand.

Really you need to be able to source your milk from a farm at cost price.

I get 10 litre of milk for 310 baht from a farm in Saraburi. 

Home made yoghurt and mozzarella is straight forward, but I need to move to the next level in cheese making. 

Any tips?

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

I get 10 litre of milk for 310 baht from a farm in Saraburi. 

Home made yoghurt and mozzarella is straight forward, but I need to move to the next level in cheese making. 

Any tips?

That's still expensive, The Thai-danish dairy in Chiang mai sell 5Kg of raw milk for 140bht. You need to press the separated curds to  make most harder cheeses.

Edited by BritManToo

Going off some of the other threads on here today the only things missing in my life (although I didn't realize it) are a 9mm pistol and an AK-47.......personally I would have said three young ladies in their early 20's....but guns it is.

• Sad 1

People who insist on telling you they are "so happy" rarely are. More like a state of being blissed out at a Full Moon Party. And then something upsets them and its a war zone in their company. 

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

People who insist on telling you they are so happy rarely are. More like a state of being blissed out at a Full Moon Party. And then something upsets them and its a war zone in their company. 

And some people will insist when you are truly happy, that you are not! God sake

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mfd101 said:

2nd hand?

No, just joking. As long as they don't confuse it with marmite (which is horrible).

Marmite is horrible?!  I think I need to report you to the mods for hate-speech ????

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Hi Simon I  took a brief  look at your online teaching course, you sound a  like a  happy  guy  in general an enthusiastic  knowledgeable teacher if  somewhat slightly  mad  proffessorish type ????

How's  that satellite you were going to send up doing?

The satellite is waiting on solar panels which seem to be stuck in the post...

The mad professor type is my natural self when engrossed in science!  Yes, I am definitely a ;little eccentric.  But this goes down well with my young students.  I just checked my iTalki profile and have more than 150 students, and almost 3,000 lessons taught so far.

A quick story:  Last week I had a new student (jus 5 years old and smart) from South Korea. His mum warned me that he was extremely shy, and would probably say nothing at all in the first or second lessons.  Well, he warmed to me within 20 seconds of this first lesson!  Not shy at all.  After the lesson, his mom said that I was the first teacher where he hadn't run to hide behind the sofa!

• Like 2

I remember the good old days here when I was jealous of your 1,000,000 baht a month, hotels in Phuket etc. nice to see you are happy with a nice swimming pool. I need to get one of those. 

Now, I have nearly everything I want. Hopefully, buying my beach villa in Hua Hin soon. 

One other thing I miss is freedom from thinking about myself. This is only achieved when I try to help others. 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I remember the good old days here when I was jealous of your 1,000,000 baht a month, hotels in Phuket etc....

A different life it was then, but not a happy one ????

• Like 1