Anything missing in your life?

simon43

You are certainly missing something if you felt the need to put this up.

You have ended up in life all on you own living/existing in a third world country with almost nothing to do all day. To many people there would be a LOT missing in their lives, but each his own.

Edited by Johnny Mac
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:19 AM, BritManToo said:
On 3/22/2021 at 4:06 AM, simon43 said:

I'd have liked to own a giant rabbit, and walked up to Machu Picchu.

Was my first trip abroad, to machu picchu and Galapagos islands....walked up the Sun gate..is a area that rises a little higher once up there..I left a coin up there, so if you ever make it and find the coin you can keep it !.....you can also do the Inca trail which takes 4 days but is so hot n humid...you can get coca laves to give you some pep in ur step!!

As for the Giant rabbit we still keep in touch ..his name is Harvey.. ????  ps like the new avatar...

Image result for harvery rabbit

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I find your post funny, but as Britman says, retired plenty of time, might as well do something useful and productive.

Myself just waiting for bread to come out of the oven, next pizza and  a cheesy garlic bread, maybe we are cheap Charlies, but hey homemade tastes damn good.

Ok, I take your point if time on hands, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Not only time mate, stuck in a bloody wheelchair all day.

Also i enjoy making bread/pizzas etc.

Last night i made Manchurian chicken for dinner, must have been good, wife cleared the lot, poor dogs got nothing.????????

What's a Manchuria chicken?

Must be a sporty chick.

8F39CB45-F9B1-4FB8-A928-F824782FDECA.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Not only time mate, stuck in a bloody wheelchair all day.

Also i enjoy making bread/pizzas etc.

Last night i made Manchurian chicken for dinner, must have been good, wife cleared the lot, poor dogs got nothing.????????

Looks like you had a busy day,

All the way to Manchuria and back for a chicken. Was there any import duty to pay?

• Haha 2

If your man sausage has become non-functioning, then there are many better places in the world to be. Turkey, Portugal, Mexico, Spain, and many more places have a much less militant attitude to foreigners with much better and cheaper food and alcohol.  

Mexico City is amazing - they give you 6 months on entry and they have alcoholic beverages that don't taste of chemicals because of an elite family monopoly.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Looks like you had a busy day,

All the way to Manchuria and back for a chicken. Was there any import duty to pay?

Only on the wheelchair. Customs are like that. Pay it or walk.

[quote]

If Cambodia, the Philippines or Vietnam did something smart and offered a long-term tourist visa for lets say $200 a year, then I'd be there like a shot. The petty bureaucracy here is stifling. 

[/quote]

My annual business visa, work permit and local ID card here in Laos costs me about $700 a year.... money well spent I think ????

Oh, to get those, I only need to provide my passport and some photos, no other documents......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Oh, to get those, I only need to provide my passport and some photos, no other documents......

Show off.

Seriously though, if even Laos can get with the times, why is Thailand still so obsessed with paperwork? And where does all the paperwork go? Sometimes I think that there must be an aircraft hanger in places like Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya piled up to the ceiling with visa paperwork. 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, simon43 said:

I am rid of wives and hangers-on who seemed to only be nice when there was money around!

That does not belong in your list of why you are happy, as it's a negative and not a positive.

IMO a good wife is a treasure beyond price, but almost impossible to find, IMO. I may be satisfied that I'm not in thrall to a bad woman, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't give everything I own for the love of a good woman. I just haven't met her yet, and likely never will.

So, to answer the OP, I'm missing the love of a good woman, and that would make me happy if I had one.

21 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

You are certainly missing something if you felt the need to put this up.

You have ended up in life all on you own living/existing in a third world country with almost nothing to do all day. To many people there would be a LOT missing in their lives, but each his own.

I'd trade my life for his in a heartbeat. Sure would beat existing in a first world country where everything costs too much, and pretty girls are nowhere to be seen.

15 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

now as i come to the last part of my journey

So, in a while you'll know the answer to the question in your "Do you believe in God" thread.

Who knows, I might even be in the q with you for the Pearly Gates.

I too had an interesting life, but now it's over I wish I could remember more about it- old age is cruel.