Anything missing in your life?

simon43

15 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I cannot think of anything missing from the fantastic life i led ,one that many people could only dream of ,from  

I believe and hope most of us think the same, and are grateful for winning the lottery and living in the best economical and peaceful time for most of us I believe who are here at this fora. Of course some western countries still had huge conflicts they have been part of and also sure there are veterans here who do not aggree with me. But, still for most of us, I believe we had every uppertunity to live a great life based on our own wishes and goals. 

Living a dream in the sky and now on two wheels, as many other nature adventures high and low and sports. 

I will not regret a thing when the fuse finely burns out! 

46 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You missing a doughter in life, thats what you telling us? 

I wouldn't be having a night of wildness with my own daughter, would I?

however, someone else's daughter (20 up of course) would do just fine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

I wouldn't be having a night of wildness with my own daughter, would I?

however, someone else's daughter (20 up of course) would do just fine. 

I got tired of the teens and 20íes when I was @ same age ???? (bragging) 

I am so happy I do not have a daughter who run around with men at my age or older. It would have brought out the worst in me. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd trade my life for his in a heartbeat. Sure would beat existing in a first world country where everything costs too much, and pretty girls are nowhere to be seen.

'pretty girls' Why you worrying about pretty 'girls' at your age, aren't you like pretty old? Shouldn't you be more focused on older 'women'??

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

'pretty girls' Why you worrying about pretty 'girls' at your age, aren't you like pretty old? Shouldn't you be more focused on older 'women'??

I also prefer older women, I've always found 30-35 years old is perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

I am so happy I do not have a daughter who run around with men at my age or older. It would have brought out the worst in me. 

My 22 year old daughter tells me she doesn't need boyfriends because she already has me to pay for everything.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I also prefer older women, I've always found 30-35 years old is perfect.

Thats the sweet spot I have been since I was 32. Came out of a longer relationship with a collage/uni girl who where jealouse on my previous reckless life, and wanted me to sit home while she had the fun (well she wanted to study more in Australia) and I had to let her free and told her to have the best time in her life. She came back and realized it was fun for a month, and then as the rest of us have learned along the way, life is what you make it, and often it is not just the destination itself, ...........

However still good friends and I learned my lesson as well.

What you can not keep in your hand, you have to let free

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Very disturbing when a man in his 70's is talking about pretty 'girls'. At least he isn't here any longer to exploit them.

Everyone for its self, and I would not feel good about it myself, but many does, and many do actually good for the girls and their families

Edited by Tagged
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Very disturbing when a man in his 70's is talking about pretty 'girls'. At least he isn't here any longer to exploit them.

Bet you won't be saying that when you are 70.

Usually it's the pretty girls 'exploiting' the old men.  They won't do it for free....need a good lot of expensive fashion items, cosmetics, plastic surgery, large lump sums for various 'unexpexted' events.

So long as both people are up for it what is the problem? 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, simon43 said:

I have everything I want:

[...]

- I am rid of wives and hangers-on who seemed to only be nice when there was money around!

It seems if you would have money then you would have people around you who are nice to you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

as long as they're older than the age of consent, why would you even think about it?

exploitation, i usually feel like I'm the one being exploited, I've not approached a woman for the past 10 years.

I sit around, having a coffee, reading a book in the park, having a quiet drink in a bar/restaurant and THEY are the ones hitting on me. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It might not be politically correct in the rest of the world but in Thailand most people still understand that guys like pretty young girls and are not interested in not so pretty old women.

DDtuQzUUMAAYEc_.jpg.521f36b2038621976a12e4646261cfe4.jpg

You know, I was sitting on a barstool one night, looking across the bar and saw almost an identic man to myself, with a girl on his lap, smiling to me, and he as me past 50, and the girl was 20 maybe, and I promissed myself to never ever put myself in to that position, where I let other see me as an middle age man with hands all over her body, smiling like a fool (when you get drunk, you look like a fool, or some of us do), so it was an eyeopener ???? 

Edited by Tagged

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You know, I was sitting on a barstool one night, looking across the bar and saw almost an identic man to myself, with a girl on his lap, smiling to me, and he as me past 50, and the girl was 20 maybe, and I promissed myself to never ever put myself in to that position, where I let other see me as an middle age man with hands all over her body, smiling like a fool (when you get drunk, you look like a fool, or some of us do), so it was an eyeopener ???? 

Why do you care what others think, especially strangers?

Do you think this guy cares?

The girl seems happy enough to me.

1 beer.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And then?

Do you now only play with the old women in the bars who have their daughters in the same bars? Or maybe you don't play with any females anymore - at least not outside  or near a mirror?

When I see guys like you describe then mostly I think: Enjoy your life. Many of those elder gentlemen have grown up children who don't care about their fathers. But obviously they all want to inherit as much as possible. What should "father" do? Save the money for his own kids who don't care? Or spend it with other people kids who do their very best to make him happy? At least for me that's a no-brainer. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then?

Do you now only play with the old women in the bars who have their daughters in the same bars? Or maybe you don't play with any females anymore - at least not outside  or near a mirror?

When I see guys like you describe then mostly I think: Enjoy your life. Many of those elder gentlemen have grown up children who don't care about their fathers. But obviously they all want to inherit as much as possible. What should "father" do? Save the money for his own kids who don't care? Or spend it with other people kids who do their very best to make him happy? At least for me that's a no-brainer. 

Oh, man, where to start? It is many roads to rom right? 

Anyway, discussing things like this is not going to take us anywhere, and Im not going to change the world, so cheers, enjoy, have fun, it ia your life, and their life, and obvious two of same kind find each other hopefully, even it is just for the moment of joy and for them to make a living, and survive. 

Im not going to ride my white horse and say whats right and wrong because I saw my selv in the doorstep just acroos the bar, and did not like what I saw when i pictured myself in the same situation. 

I had my fun, and I still have fun, but I evolved in to something different than that. As much I have to respect you for what you posting here, you have to respect my view and take on it. 

Have a good day

• Like 1

Just now, Tagged said:

Im not going to ride my white horse and say whats right and wrong because I saw my selv in the doorstep just acroos the bar, and did not like what I saw when i pictured myself in the same situation. 

You think too much!

Life is so much better when you think less and accept the pleasures that come your way.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You think too much!

Life is so much better when you think less and accept the pleasures that come your way.

Yep, I jealouse of those who manage to drop their brain at once they land in Thailand, 

Time......, I am 75 now,still have places i want to visit and things to do,

this Covid sh*t has really fecked things up,but I keep telling myself

it's best not to do all and everything you want too, as you may have

nothing left to live and look forward too.

regards Wogeordie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems if you would have money then you would have people around you who are nice to you.

Yes, but they would be nice because I had money, not because they particularly liked me ????

In another life, when I did have a fair amount of $, I used to get invited regularly to a private (and famous) lap-dancing club in Madrid.  I was invited (all expenses paid) by various London East End gangsters who ran the telephone sex chat lines in the UK, very rich and not the sort of people you want to cross.  I did a lot of their technical/software projects, and made them even more money (and a fair bit for myself!).  Were those lap-dancing ladies throwing themselves naked at me because they liked me?  Of course not.  It was all about money.

Each of my 3 ex-wives were nice until the money ran out.  Then they did as well....  Maybe I've been unlucky with women, but nowadays, I don't have the inclination to potentially waste time on a romantic relationship.  I'm very content with my single life, and not feeling the stress of the demands from a partner.  Life for me is good!

Just now, simon43 said:

Yes, but they would be nice because I had money, not because they particularly liked me

I don't like anyone without money, as they keep wanting to use mine.

I've found it unsatisfactory to mix with men outside my economic bracket.

Poor men get very little romance in their lives.

Edited by BritManToo