Driving test in Bangkok

OzMan

23 minutes ago, OzMan said:

Retook the test this morning and passed in 5 seconds. Only asked to make one attempt. I was in by 7:55, and the tester just wanted me out of there. No multiple attempts asked for. Try once and passed. Same for side vision test. Looking at shadows helped, but buying glasses would help more. From other posts  I could see coloured dots on door on left, and moving shadow on them. But bad eyesight stopped me taking full advantage of this. Tried at Mo Chit. Staff very helpful yesterday, gave me a lot of coaching and allowed multiple tries.

Yes, go get your eyes checked and get some glasses for the needed minor issues or who knows.  You may have 20/20 vision but have some kind of astigmatism. Eye Doc will clear it up.  

I must have misunderstood what was required to transfer an Australian to a Thai drivers licence. Once the eye test was over, and sat through a film in Thai on road rules, I paid 205 baht and was given my licence. I was expecting to sit a test on road rules. No such test for me.

18 hours ago, OzMan said:

... sat through a film in Thai on road rules, I paid 205 baht and was given my licence. I was expecting to sit a test on road rules. No such test for me.

no need for this as you have a DL from your home country. Then you just need to do the physical tests and video.

driving + theoretical test is only needed if you do it without any previous DL (or not translated to thai/eng) or if the thai license is expired >12 months