Donating/Helping prisoners

r136dg

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How can you simple accept it if your son or daughter was sent to prison here for something they did not do?

yea right, everyone in innocent in a Thai jail.  Totally irrelevant comment and off the OP topic. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

Well thats disingenuous because you actually said usually in prison for a reason. Which here is not true. Yep I have no choice to accept the justice system dont have an issue with it nor am I complaining.  I am stating that the belief that the majority of people in jail are worthless, beyond redemption or not worth helping is a harsh, and in my opinion incorrect belief. I tend to be more forgiving than that. As i said it's up to the OP to decide how and where he decides to do his charitable deeds. 

well I am not that forgiving, or naïve and nobody here seems to be considering and talking about the victims and whether they should be supported. It seems twisted logic to be bleeding over prisoners, while ignoring their victims. Oh I forgot, most  of them are innocent apparently, silly me. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

you are off topic, as usual.  I do wish people would read the OP before they start hitting the keyboard. 

I was commenting on another persons comments... just as you are doing now... 

Do you make the rules for TVF? 

Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride... there will surely be turbulence... 

I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no, I'm a rocket man

On 3/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, Pilotman said:

well I am not that forgiving, or naïve and nobody here seems to be considering and talking about the victims and whether they should be supported. It seems twisted logic to be bleeding over prisoners, while ignoring their victims. Oh I forgot, most  of them are innocent apparently, silly me. 

Lol now you just getting snarly mate. Believe me champ I'm not naive far from it.  And you would best be reserving your judgement of people and circumstances you have no real comprehension of.  Now you want to go off on a victims tangent? Talk about clutching at straws. 

You seem like a last word sort of muppet so I'll leave it at that. Enjoy. ???? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, starky said:

Lol now you just getting snarly mate. Believe me champ I'm not naive far from it.  And you would best be reserving your judgement of people and circumstances you have no real comprehension of.  Now you want to go off on a victims tangent? Talk about clutching at straws. 

You seem like a last word sort of muppet so I'll leave it at that. Enjoy. ???? 

yes, those pesky victims of criminals, they really are a pain in the ass. Lets celebrate the low life's in prison  that target victims, lets celebrate their contribution to society.  Pathetic 

• Sad 2

Anybody can up in the nick for a long time in any country, not just Thailand, due to lots of tragedies of errors & even honest mistakes. Who is anybody else to judge, including police & judges--guilty until proven innocent, like the protesters.

My embassy set me up to visit Canadians in Bang Kwang. At that time, a prisoner had to serve a great part of their sentence here before being transferred to a prison in Canada--they were not let free! Most foreigners wanted a life sentence because transfers were accomplished in fewer years.

No idea if foreigners here ever get Royal pardons.

It's hard to stay healthy on the food offered. There is a commissary in which one could buy odds for a prisoners. Cigs were in high demand.

Companies can send in food. I sent in cases to canned tuna & high-quality brown rice. Couldn't get vitamin supplements in, though.

Hope you can adopt a prisoner or a few, give them some hope. Too many are doing it hard. Could be any of us.

Thank you for your good heart!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

yes, those pesky victims of criminals, they really are a pain in the ass. Lets celebrate the low life's in prison  that target victims, lets celebrate their contribution to society.  Pathetic 

Mr. pilotman, Nobody is "celebrating" prisoners, nobody is condoning anything they have done; (usually it is only personal visitors who are aware of their offences). In any event, judgments have been made against them and been committed to a prison sentence. That is their punishment. I understand your sentiments of there being murderers and rapists that deserve little in the way of compassion, but you seem to want to throw away the key for all prisoners.

Do you think that the OP is a bad man for what he wants to do?

• Like 2