Inactivated Thai vaccines expected to be approved by year end and begin manufacture next year

webfact

Screen-Shot-2564-03-24-at-08.47.49.jpg

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation and Mahidol University’s Faculty of Tropical Medicine have developed and are about to start human trials of an inactivated virus COVID-19 vaccine.

The participating volunteers must be in good health, have never been infected with COVID-19 and have no drug or vaccine allergies. The human trials are divided into two phases.

For the first phase, 210 volunteers, aged 18-59, will be vaccinated, then scientists will analyse the data to develop two vaccine types for the phase two trials, which will begin in July, where 250 volunteers, aged 18-75, will be involved.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/inactivated-thai-vaccines-expected-to-be-approved-by-year-end-and-begin-manufacture-next-year/

Logo-top-.png

10 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Thai tourism return to normal in 2023.

By that time there won't be anything left to accomodate tourists. Bankruptcy and suicide rules if it takes that long. OPEN NOW !

• Thanks 1

If I get bullied into taking a vaccine I would take an inactivated vaccine rather than an mRNA "vaccine".

In the west they are already talking about a non-stop regime of "boosters" and "vaccines" for new viruses/variants. In the end, I wonder if the third world will bother as the goal posts keep shifting.

https://www.rt.com/uk/518113-britain-covid19-regular-vaccine-shots/

The head of Britain’s Covid-19 genomics programme has warned that there will be a need for regular booster jabs to protect people against the virus as new potentially vaccine-busting variants emerge.

Peacock, whose COG-UK programme [they were heavily funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation - as listed on their web site] has sequenced half of the world’s mapped Covid-19 genomes, said she was confident new variants would emerge that would render the current vaccines ineffective. 

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, approval 2023 then, unless they bypass the endless committee approvals

Depends which jao por is producing and will profit from the locally made version whether it works or not. I imagine with those properly connected it could be approved and breeze through stage 3 trials in record breaking time. Mostly due to the skill and proficiency of the Thai people.  In other news I was in 7/11 the other day..... ????????????????

Edited by starky
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2021 at 1:06 PM, 1Gringo said:

if it's "inactivated" does that mean it's "ineffective?"  why would I want an ineffective vaccine?

An illogical question, given the success rate of vaccines over the last 60 years. For me, a better question is, how would we know that the new "RNA vaccines" are effective , given the published "effectiveness rate" is lower than the natural survival rate from actually getting the virus?  Unless a person is high risk [immune compromised, ill with lung/respiratory disease or terminally ill], waiting for a traditional vaccine seems much safer and low risk anyway.