Driving license 5y renewal Pattaya

Today March 23rd driving license for foreigners at Chonburi Land Transportation Department next to Regents Int. School. My license is valid until June 18th.

Arrived 07:40 about 80people waiting outside seated under the blue canopy. No need to wait there as foreigners have to get a number from inside.

Official opening hours 08:30 till 16:30

At 08:00 getting ready to open main entrance where you have to walk under a spray, get your temperature checked a drop of disinfectant in your hand and draw a number from the dispenser located 3 meters inside on the right side of the entrance. No need to draw a number if you have an appointment for the day. Proceed to first floor and hand over your number and papers to get them checked.

The contingent for the day was already full although I had number one and the next available date was for April 20th. Two available slots per day at 9am and 2pm, each for ten applicants only. I choose the last available of the 10 for the morning. Got my papers checked including health certificate, all was stapled together with a slip indicating when I am due to show up again.

You might consider getting your papers ready earlier than planned.

Increased delay likely due to the upcoming Songkhran holiday, plus the one on 6th April.

I just went through the same 5 year renewal process at Pattaya, including the need for a medical cert, with an application in early March (think it was the 4th) and the tests on Monday (22nd).

It was well organised and all went smoothly and a lot quicker than I recall for the previous application process some 6 years back, although no appointment needed at that time - just turn up early and wait in line.