Bride tells how her house went up in flames - on her wedding day

webfact

10pmvi.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A bride has told the Thai media how tragedy struck on her wedding day.

But how her wedding still went ahead.

It was last Saturday at the house of bride-to-be Kusama, 25, in Bua Khao sub district of Kalasin in Thailand's north east, reported Daily News.

In the house that she owns Kusama had planned to marry Kasama, also 25.

They were busy putting the final touches to their outfits as relatives gathered and tables and chairs were being prepared.

Wedding ceremonies often happen in Thailand at the home of the bride, notes Thaivisa.

Suddenly people upstairs started screaming "Fire!" and within minutes despite efforts to put out the blaze it had spread downstairs and engulfed the whole property.

Everyone got out but the house was completely destroyed. 

Undaunted on her big day everyone went to the home of Kasama, 10 kilometers away in Som Sa-art sub-district where - amid many tears - the couple finally got married.

news_wUyWfPHfmy195844_533.jpg
Picture: Daily News
The story attracted widespread attention on Facebook after the bride went online to warn people about overloading transformers for weddings at their homes. 

The bride's father, Wirachai,53, spoke of how he misunderstood his wife Suwanee, 50, and went upstairs to see what the problem was only to witness fire already spreading to clothes and textbooks. His efforts with water only made matters worse and he was forced to quit.

He and another relative suffered minor burns with one grandson being carried to safety. 

An investigation into the cause of the fire points to a short circuit and a fund has been set up with an account in the name of the bride. 

Everything including electrical appliances like four TVs and two fridges went up in the blaze that caused damage estimated at half a million baht. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well i have heard tales before about the bride being on fire on the wedding night, but this case is a bit different.

Hey Thai electrics, keep using extensions cables, plug this in, ohh i will plug this in, result overload, and this is the result you get.

I singed the thatch above my wifes workshop on our wedding night.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well i have heard tales before about the bride being on fire on the wedding night, but this case is a bit different.

Hey Thai electrics, keep using extensions cables, plug this in, ohh i will plug this in, result overload, and this is the result you get.

You should be giving more positive and sympathetic advise.... Have 'you' NEVER been 'Unwise' and suffered a loss..... I think they did great while accepting this 'loss'...... Do you really know that there wasn't other 'problems' that caused this, or that they didn't put trust in others that resulted in this 'fire'?????   

SAD. I feel pity for this couple just starting a life together.... After a start like this this..... I can only wish them 'best of luck' in the future.... And you and others joke about it.    Sad

• Sad 1