Suspect who allegedly harassed Thai PM’s twin daughters in custody

webfact

309A6107-3C34-4D89-BDED-1130AC0B151F.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha at a press conference after the cabinet meeting in January 4th.

A 40-year old man, now in police custody, is being questioned over the alleged harassment on social media of the twin daughters of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Using the Twitter name @jojoshamlet, the suspect posted a message urging people to rape the prime minister’s daughters whenever they encountered them. The post prompted the prime minister to order his lawyer, Mr. Apiwat Khanthong, to file a complaint with Nanglerng police.

Apiwat said that he will pursue the case to its end without compromise.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/suspect-who-allegedly-harassed-thai-pms-twin-daughters-in-custody/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2

I don't know anything about his daughters but I do know many young people are in jail and have faced jail terms only for their speech. Prayuth is guilt of crimes that should lock him away for as long as any dictator in history. Many Thais have be disappeared and murdered under his time in power. I understand the anger Thais have towards this. One thing to note is if you follow Thai politics this hate and attacks on families goes back with threats like this guy made coming from well known royalists. I don't remember anyone ever going to jail for it. In the end the blood though is on the hands of this regime and its supporters. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You got an issue with the man fine. Have the balls to front him. You bring any of his family into it especially if what was reported has any kernel of truth then your dead as far as any father in the world is concerned. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

I don't know anything about his daughters but I do know many young people are in jail and have faced jail terms only for their speech. Prayuth is guilt of crimes that should lock him away for as long as any dictator in history. Many Thais have be disappeared and murdered under his time in power. I understand the anger Thais have towards this. One thing to note is if you follow Thai politics this hate and attacks on families goes back with threats like this guy made coming from well known royalists. I don't remember anyone ever going to jail for it. In the end the blood though is on the hands of this regime and its supporters. 

You are right. 

https://www-khaosodenglish-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2013/12/16/1387195299/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#amp_tf=Von %1%24s&aoh=16166815625551&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.khaosodenglish.com%2Fpolitics%2F2013%2F12%2F16%2F1387195299%2F

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

So raping his daughters levels all that out then?

• Like 1

the suspect surrended himself to police and declared, that he never had any twitter account.

somebody just has framed him, usurped his identity.

there were thousands who were threatening the PM daughters, this tweet was one from the very many.

As public can't talk openly about corruption in politics, they take to an anonymous twitter, but also to facebook and the other social media, to express their views.

there is still the old case which implicates prayuth's daughters in $10m money laundering in singaporean bank  

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 1:51 AM, ctxa said:

And the attempt at trying to justify the suspect's actions or at the very least make light of it using as argument whatever you believe Prayut has done.... is beyond disgusting and says a lot of yourself.... 

Well, I hope you wrote that thinking about all the people abused, jailed and murdered. What should their loved ones do to get justice? Should they just shut up an take it? I feel their pain and I know they will say many stupid things because of their not getting justice. They are not the cause of this.

• Sad 1