Owner of overweight "Godzilla" the macaque in tears as parks authority take away his "pet"

webfact

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's parks' authority acted after a clip showing a seriously overweight macaque called Godzilla got international news attention.

The animal - 20 kilos when a normal male macaque his size should weigh 8-10 kilos - was chained up at a luuk chin stall in Minburi Market, Bangkok. 

Owner Manop Emsan was in tears as Phuwanak Kramnoi and his team came to take Godzilla away.

The monkey will go to a rehabilitation center in Bang Khen where his health will be monitored and then hopefully he can be rehabilitated to the wild. 

6pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Manop said that Godzilla, aged 3 years 8 months, was part of the family and treated like his son. Bawling his eyes out Manop said that Godzilla won't survive long away from the people who care about him. 

Manop took aim at the press saying it was completely untrue that passers-by would throw him scraps making him overweight.

He claimed that Godzilla would not accept food from folk he didn't know. He hoped to get him back one day.

Daily News responded to this by reporting that there was clear evidence that the monkey took food from people in the market.

The parks department can be called 24 hours on 1362 to report animals being kept like this. 

No charges were reported in this story. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-26

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Seeing all the fat children about these days I think they should take them off their parents too and set them free in the jungle.

On the odd occasion I pop into mcdonald's for a breakfast special after dropping my son off at school. And I always see parents in there feeding their kids burgers, fries and coke for their breakfast before dropping them off to school. And then they wonder why their kids are obese with black stumps for teeth. Its very sad how blind these parents are to the damage they are doing to their children's health.

When I go to school to collect my son I'm shocked at how overweight the children are... it's like 80% of the kids... it's like people here accept it as the norm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

On the odd occasion I pop into mcdonald's for a breakfast special after dropping my son off at school. And I always see parents in there feeding their kids burgers, fries and coke for their breakfast before dropping them off to school. And then they wonder why their kids are obese with black stumps for teeth. Its very sad how blind these parents are to the damage they are doing to their children's health.

When I go to school to collect my son I'm shocked at how overweight the children are... it's like 80% of the kids... it's like people here accept it as the norm.

Either that fat fat monkey in the OP or the fat kids in McD's, many people clearly find it easier to solve food into their mouths to keep them quiet than to care for them properly.