Thailand approves quarantine waiver for tourists, orders more vaccines

rooster59

3 hours ago, superal said:

It seems that ordering the AZ vaccine is one thing but getting the delivery is another , not to mention that as you say the current vaccines will offer little protection to the forthcoming variants of the virus . So Thailand has to be more proactive and on the front foot as it would appear that the current vaccines will only be effective for the best part of this year . 

One good point is the UK will be manufacturing the updated vaccines in the UK , so look out MR. E.U. 

I thought the AZ vaccine was being produced by one Thailand's Bio Labs to the tune of 5 million doses a month so delivery shouldn't be a problem

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"If we can inoculate 50% to 60% of the population we can open the country safely and move the economy and tourism forward," senior health official Kiattiphum Wongraijit said.

Not sure if the rest of the world would agree with that?

Or if they would allow their citizens to come here with only 50%-60% inoculated.

• Like 1

Just now, Greenwich Boy said:

I have just had my second jab in the UK. Four weeks apart I have two credit card size pieces of card showing which vaccine, batch number and date. No personal data. I am concerned that something more substantial will be required to prove vaccination status (The service provided here is superb)

With no personal details that tally with photo ID they are worthless as a 'passport'......I have seen somewhere talk of an app connected to the NHS data base??......I just hope whoever does the app is not a Tory boy donor and they get someone who knows what they are doing.

5 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

For crying out loud, when will the shorter quarantine become effective? The ASQ hotels say it is still the 14-day quarantine. 

Work it out yourself... how can they let quarantine slip with only 50% of the population [by year end] inoculated?

When all the people have received inoculations [like some officials who've boasted having their 2nd jab] they can think about opening up tourism.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

With no personal details that tally with photo ID they are worthless as a 'passport'......I have seen somewhere talk of an app connected to the NHS data base??......I just hope whoever does the app is not a Tory boy donor and they get someone who knows what they are doing.

I tried to download this App. I get 'Not available in your Country' I am definitely here! Will get someone round who understands these things.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai authorities on Friday agreed to allow foreigners inoculated against the coronavirus to travel to its biggest holiday island without undergoing quarantine, and announced a new order for five million more doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine

Thailand is obviously working on plan -Z whereby all other countries will have inoculated it's people [twice] possibly 3 times, so Thailand won't have to worry about it's own people even getting the first one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I have just had my second jab in the UK. Four weeks apart I have two credit card size pieces of card showing which vaccine, batch number and date. No personal data. I am concerned that something more substantial will be required to prove vaccination status (The service provided here is superb)

Yes it will be. What that is is still being decided but your record of being vaccinated  be on the system ready to be adapted to whatever they decide. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

For crying out loud, when will the shorter quarantine become effective? The ASQ hotels say it is still the 14-day quarantine. 

Of course they do..... its not rcket science....

1 minute ago, chang1 said:

Are you insinuating that a Thai company would take advantage of foreigners, confused by the lack of clarity about quarantine durations, by getting them to stay longer than they need to? I am shocked. 

well said....  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The coronavirus task force on Friday gave the green light to Phuket, a major tourist destination, to receive vaccinated visitors directly from July, without subjecting them to quarantine, after the island inoculates 70% of its residents.

It's still a quarantine.  The boundaries of the quarantine simply have been expanded.  No doubt armed authorities will be placed at points of egress to kettle the prisoners, errr, tourists from leaving the island.  Saint Helena was an island too.  Just ask Napoleon.  ????

However, it will make an interesting petri dish.  They'll have to vaccinate every person on the island.  And even if they do, none of the vaccination manufacturers claim that their Covid vaccines keep you from getting Covid.  Only that if you get Covid the symptoms will be less severe.  Then let's not even consider the potential for the vaccinated shedding viruses and infected the unvaccinated.  Which means that everyone will need to have been vaccinated down to the man, women, and child on the island.
For some reason my guess is that there won't be any PCR test kits on the island.  There is no way that once they open the island that they'd risk a public relationship nightmare by actually have tourists and locals pop positive on a PCR test.
If people get sick it will be from......bad somtum, food poisoning, bacteria in the water, or some such excuses.  But it will be an epidemiologist's heaven.  International health institutions will be watching this show closely.

46 minutes ago, Cadan said:

When is the Bio N tech + Johnson Johnson vaccine coming ? No clue why they did not order these and wait until end of the year ?  You can buy the vaccine in the US at Cosco already. Mind blowing the slowly ness of a country that lives on tourism ????????????

Maybe should have spent less time boasting about how great they were doing shutting everywhere down and more time preparing for when they needed to open again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, connda said:

It's still a quarantine.  The boundaries of the quarantine simply have been expanded.  No doubt armed authorities will be placed at points of egress to kettle the prisoners, errr, tourists from leaving the island.  Saint Helena was an island too.  Just ask Napoleon.  ????

However, it will make an interesting petri dish.  They'll have to vaccinate every person on the island.  And even if they do, none of the vaccination manufacturers claim that their Covid vaccines keep you from getting Covid.  Only that if you get Covid the symptoms will be less severe.  Then let's not even consider the potential for the vaccinated shedding viruses and infected the unvaccinated.  Which means that everyone will need to have been vaccinated down to the man, women, and child on the island.
For some reason my guess is that there won't be any PCR test kits on the island.  There is no way that once they open the island that they'd risk a public relationship nightmare by actually have tourists and locals pop positive on a PCR test.
If people get sick it will be from......bad somtum, food poisoning, bacteria in the water, or some such excuses.  But it will be an epidemiologist's heaven.  International health institutions will be watching this show closely.

Are you talking about Phuket or the UK?

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:
5 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Since when did April fall between October and December?

Keep reading.

From April to June, those approved provinces will allow inoculated tourists to undergo a 7 day quarantine, instead of a 14 day one.

What about an end to the ludicrous quarantine, full stop.

98 death wile so far this year many have perished on the Thai roads and even more for luck of income loneliness depression etc.

the draconian measures outweigh the C-19 100 folds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

So, they are talking a lot about vaccinated people being allowed in. But since kids are not expected to be vaccinated until the middle/end of 2022, where does that leave families?. Will

the family still need to quarantine if the adults are but kids are not vaccinated?