Thailand approves quarantine waiver for tourists, orders more vaccines

rooster59

The crazy people may arrive.

The rest of the world will wait until everyone is vaccinated in The Kingdom.

I for one, hope the people at the very top of the tree, begin to understand that the good people of Thailand are more important than the Chinese and other tourists.

The Kingdom has come along way forward regarding the people. The health of the people is more important than anything.

Just my opinion.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe should have spent less time boasting about how great they were doing shutting everywhere down and more time preparing for when they needed to open again. 

Pfffffft.. Falang tink to mutt 

10 hours ago, Jotho said:

How about us that work in europe for 4 weeks and have 4 weeks off and have family in Thailand.. We want to be able to get back to our family, and not just be able to get to some holiday destination in Thailand... Spending 2 weeks in isolation out of 4 weeks is totally hopeless, especially if one is vaccinated and comes from a country where there has not been any infection for the last 8 weeks...

Same boat mate for Australia except its 2 weeks either side. That ain't gonna  change for a while. July might be a better hope for you and meet the family in phuket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo53 said:

No...on your arrival/departure card it states date  of departure,you are required to have an onward flight.

I guess I will just buy a cheap throw away flight to anywhere. Perhaps to  Laos ,or wherever   it is allowed. And short it out later when things settle down.

That should work right?

11 hours ago, lujanit said:

Many ASQ hotels are advertising 14 and 10 day rates.  Have a look in the ASQ thread.  It is expected that the 10 days quarantine for people from certain countries (no one knows which, expect countries with low infection rates) will start 1 April.

And what of 7 days ??? Im vaccinated 2 jabs. If i applied for a COE ...i would then need the 7 day but i see none yet. 

1 hour ago, NoComment said:

The crazy people may arrive.

The rest of the world will wait until everyone is vaccinated in The Kingdom.

I for one, hope the people at the very top of the tree, begin to understand that the good people of Thailand are more important than the Chinese and other tourists.

The Kingdom has come along way forward regarding the people. The health of the people is more important than anything.

Just my opinion.

No comment ! ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

No...on your arrival/departure card it states date  of departure,you are required to have an onward flight.

It depends on your visa type. I am here on a retirement visa so no need to have a return flight from Thailand. Never fill in the departure date on my TM6

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lujanit said:

I don’t think it has been Gazetted yet, otherwise there would be at least one thread about it and it would be reported widely in the Thai media.

My wife told me about this a few minutes ago when I called her which is why I'm on this thread now so it must be somewhere on Thai media. Having said that I'll be happier if the story stays the same for a few days.

Then it's just a case of when I can leave the UK. I've tried asking my Member of Parliament as I don't fit the rules for not leaving as I'm not going for a holiday and I don't fit the exemptions for work, medical, funerals ect. but he doesn't know either. The 17th May looks like a possibility but who knows and then will Gulf Air be flying to Thailand by then. My only reason for Gulf Air as a preference is that I'm a gold member and I get benefits from that and I need to get miles to keep it up.

Here's hoping.

13 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

For crying out loud, when will the shorter quarantine become effective? The ASQ hotels say it is still the 14-day quarantine. 

Its all complete and utter bullocks, until there is something approved all this talk is useless and false news

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, kimamey said:

My wife told me about this a few minutes ago when I called her which is why I'm on this thread now so it must be somewhere on Thai media. Having said that I'll be happier if the story stays the same for a few days.

Then it's just a case of when I can leave the UK. I've tried asking my Member of Parliament as I don't fit the rules for not leaving as I'm not going for a holiday and I don't fit the exemptions for work, medical, funerals ect. but he doesn't know either. The 17th May looks like a possibility but who knows and then will Gulf Air be flying to Thailand by then. My only reason for Gulf Air as a preference is that I'm a gold member and I get benefits from that and I need to get miles to keep it up.

Here's hoping.

I'm also a gold member on Gulf. You're miles validity and status expiry date will have been automatically extended so there's no time pressure there. 

14 hours ago, lujanit said:

Many ASQ hotels are advertising 14 and 10 day rates.  Have a look in the ASQ thread.  It is expected that the 10 days quarantine for people from certain countries (no one knows which, expect countries with low infection rates) will start 1 April.

In EU some countries go back from 10 day to 14 day as incubation for British mutant is longer.

So which is it?

This:

Thai authorities on Friday agreed to allow foreigners inoculated against the coronavirus to travel to its biggest holiday island without undergoing quarantine, and announced a new order for five million more doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine.

Or this:

From next month, the hotel quarantine period will be halved to seven days for fully vaccinated visitors to Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, Phang Nga and Krabi, Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Yuthasak Supasorn told a news conference.

Sometimes I wonder if they controlling what they write at all. Or maybe they just don´t understand what they write?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Captor said:

So which is it?

This:

Thai authorities on Friday agreed to allow foreigners inoculated against the coronavirus to travel to its biggest holiday island without undergoing quarantine, and announced a new order for five million more doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine.

Or this:

From next month, the hotel quarantine period will be halved to seven days for fully vaccinated visitors to Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, Phang Nga and Krabi, Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Yuthasak Supasorn told a news conference.

Sometimes I wonder if they controlling what they write at all. Or maybe they just don´t understand what they write?

I emailed the Meridien and they told me 10 days for the UK but I can’t leave the room till day 11 - 2nd test. The 10 days is actually 12.

Not a chance I’m staying in a room for 11 days. 

12 hours ago, superal said:

It seems that ordering the AZ vaccine is one thing but getting the delivery is another , not to mention that as you say the current vaccines will offer little protection to the forthcoming variants of the virus . So Thailand has to be more proactive and on the front foot as it would appear that the current vaccines will only be effective for the best part of this year . 

One good point is the UK will be manufacturing the updated vaccines in the UK , so look out MR. E.U. 

On March 26th EMA has approved Halix at Leiden The Netherlands to produce the updated AZ vaccine for the EU market. Just for your info Mrs. UK.

3 hours ago, Captor said:

So which is it?

This:

Or this:

No quarantine in Phuket stars July 1st. Until then it's 7 days for the vaccinated.

13 hours ago, polpott said:

I will be getting mine in the UK. Problem is what kind of proof is required?

What I remember from the reported babbling of various Thai ministers and other officials is a document evidencing the second of the two vaccination shots having been administered not earlier than three months and not later than two weeks before arrival in Thailand, but let's wait for the publication in the Government Gazette to have the final word on it.

2 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

that would suck if you ended up needing to get a second dose

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

What I remember from the reported babbling of various Thai ministers and other officials is a document evidencing the second of the two vaccins I'ation shots having been administered not earlier than three months and not later than two weeks before arrival in Thailand, but let's wait for the publication in the Government Gazette to have the final word on it.

As I'll probably be getting the AZ vaccine, that's 2 doses 3 months apart. One when I first arrive in the UK at which time I'll be given an appointment for my second dose. I will return to Thailand shortly after my second dose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Letseng said:

In EU some countries go back from 10 day to 14 day as incubation for British mutant is longer.

Got a link for that? All I've seen from the government is that certain African countries with the South African variant remain at 14 days. Also, what makes you think that the UK variant has a longer incubation period?

19 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

With infection rates soaring across Europe and new strains evolving ..... summers holidays being cancelled in the UK etc plus the year end is winter with a third wave expected ..... I expect a few twists and turns to the grand plan. On a global level, Thailand has so far vaccinated less than 0.1% of the population with the FIRST DOSE and don't forget most vaccines require 2 doses - a monumental task for the country.

Exactly, shorter quarantine is stupid, for anyone not vaccinated. 

But as you say there are problems with new strains and outbreaks, with the new strains showing longer tails. 

Add to that Astra vaccine problems and the political arguments over supply, and I don't see a smooth ride here. 

NZ about to open a travel bubble with Australia now looking shakey again after a breakout in Brisbane. 

53 minutes ago, polpott said:

Got a link for that? All I've seen from the government is that certain African countries with the South African variant remain at 14 days. Also, what makes you think that the UK variant has a longer incubation period?

In NZ the most recent outbreak was caused by a person who had tested negative and released from 14 day quarantine, who then was found to be positive to the new British strain after 25 day's. 

NZ has publicly said the newer variants have longer tails. 

NZ was quoted yesterday as being the gold standard for covid-19 control. 

17 hours ago, polpott said:

Full protection 7-10 days after second jab. Even after one jab you have a good level of protection, hence new cases and deaths dropping like a stone in UK.

whilst i don't disagree with your initial statements  you must remember we are also in lockdown, so just as before,, cases and deaths are obviously going to drop drastically. When children started school recently there was an immediate increase in cases. Children have not been vaccinated and have probably been the most prevalent of carriers and most likely to infect others spreading the virus to parents and thus further to others

• Like 1