Shopee (co.th) Horrendous Experience

Jenkins9039

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst I sympathise for the sequence of events that unfolded you can hardly complain that everything is "Fully Thai" that is where you are and who you chose to deal with. You knew this going in.

You can in fact switch the language on the site to English but it doesnt work 100%.

I hope things workout for you. May be ask a Thai to try and assist in talking with Shopee customer services for you.

Just a suggestion.

I would second that suggestion to have a Thai speak with customer service. That's what I did the few times I needed a refund, and all worked out well. I had the refund deposited into their account.

My rule on Shoppe is to only buy products that are in the country already from sellers with good reviews.

Anyways hope you get your money back.

How to change the language: https://help.shopee.co.th/th/s/article/How-do-I-change-language-setting-on-Shopee-1542967300520

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So you had a bad experience with a specific SHOP within Shopee and the specific shipping of your specific order with DHL, the report is otherwise irrelevant. 

Could happen on any platform, nobody would take or be able to take action within a timeframe of the parcel being on the way. Waste of time to report this, not helping anyone, barely makes people assume negatively that things go wrong upfront, without knowing so.

Spend a few million baht on there with various shops first, before you complain again ;).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Actually i can i believe, which is why i've highlighted this., Shopee recently declared they are taking on Lazada, the core difference between Shopee and Lazada, is that Lazada does everything in THAI and English.

Just not true, there are plenty of Thai language only sellers on Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2018128916-s6509546652.html

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On a practical note,

If one opens the shopee web site in chrome the site can be translated by google chrome translation service into english.

I have frequently used chat to communicate in english and receive most replies in english or if the reply is in Thai, I just copy and paste into a free online translate service to understand their reply.

The order has not yet been delivered or signed for so a bit of patience until the seller/delivery company actually deliver the parcel to your doorstep would not go amiss.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

On a practical note,

If one opens the shopee web site in chrome the site can be translated by google chrome translation service into english.

I have frequently used chat to communicate in english and receive most replies in english or if the reply is in Thai, I just copy and paste into a free online translate service to understand their reply.

The order has not yet been delivered or signed for so a bit of patience until the seller/delivery company actually deliver the parcel to your doorstep would not go amiss.

Highly suggest you attempt that on the contact/support section where all the drop down selections are non-translatable.

For reference the Wife (THAI) wasn't getting anywhere either and being passed from one to other in the blame game.

58 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Highly suggest you attempt that on the contact/support section where all the drop down selections are non-translatable.

For reference the Wife (THAI) wasn't getting anywhere either and being passed from one to other in the blame game.

Just use google translate on your phone.

Point the camera at the menu and it translates in real time.

But it's too soon anyway, they have another day or two before you hit the 'failed to deliver' button.

I've been going round and round with Shoppee for several days over a canceled order.  they basically refuse to refund the money but they are supposedly giving me credit in that amount.

they actually do have English speaking Customer Service personnel but you need to get a Thai person to speak to the first set of bots in order to reach them.  they don't make anything English friendly on Shoppee;  Lazada does and is one reason I mostly stick with them, as well.

It's not stuck on a big green boat in the Suez canal is it ?????

Awful experience, the lack of being able to communicate with someone to get some sense out of the situation can be infuriating...  Someone knows where it is and what happened, its just a matter of getting someone to care enough to dig a little. Extremely frustrating. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

It's not stuck on a big green boat in the Suez canal is it ?????

Awful experience, the lack of being able to communicate with someone to get some sense out of the situation can be infuriating...  Someone knows where it is and what happened, its just a matter of getting someone to care enough to dig a little. Extremely frustrating. 

I just had a package delivered by DHL from the USA.

The tracking showed every detail of where it was and where it went.

DHL have never given me anything  but problems so if I know  they are involved  I do not order.  Shopee should  only be used COD. Lazada also. Never order prepaid and certainly not anything  valuable. Am waiting for  Amazon  but Thailand seem to  be resisting them. 

Recently  ordered Compression Socks from Ubuy not knowing  they used DHL costing approx 30gbp. As soon as DHL got it cost immediately  went to 100gbp plus Doctors  Certificate so I cancelled. I think  DHL are in cahoots with  Customs.  Previously  they annoyed me by ripping  open all deliveries at Customs claiming it was done in the UK. I now just use UK and Thai Post Offices without  any problems couriers being useless. Purchased undersized Compression socks from  Shoppee for under 5gbp which arrived promptly but Asian XLX much too tight. Still waiting  for Lasada delivery sometime  next month.  Meantime went to Facino N Pattaya and paid 60gbp. Expensive but worth it. Only wasted 30gbp!

10 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

DHL have never given me anything  but problems so if I know  they are involved  I do not order.  Shopee should  only be used COD. Lazada also. Never order prepaid and certainly not anything  valuable. Am waiting for  Amazon  but Thailand seem to  be resisting them. 

Recently  ordered Compression Socks from Ubuy not knowing  they used DHL costing approx 30gbp. As soon as DHL got it cost immediately  went to 100gbp plus Doctors  Certificate so I cancelled. I think  DHL are in cahoots with  Customs.  Previously  they annoyed me by ripping  open all deliveries at Customs claiming it was done in the UK. I now just use UK and Thai Post Offices without  any problems couriers being useless. Purchased undersized Compression socks from  Shoppee for under 5gbp which arrived promptly but Asian XLX much too tight. Still waiting  for Lasada delivery sometime  next month.  Meantime went to Facino N Pattaya and paid 60gbp. Expensive but worth it. Only wasted 30gbp!

"I think  DHL are in cahoots with  Customs." Well, that wouldn't surprise me. They have a nice little system working in China, well, at least in Sichuan. I used to have to go to the DHL depot (3.5 hours by bus and an overnight in a hotel so I could be there before 11.30 on a Saturday) so they could charge me duty on pretty much everything. It all came to a head when they tried to charge me 3000 yuan duty on an item that had cost me 650 yuan to buy and 2000 yuan shipping and duty. Even showing the DHL rep the invoice from the company in the US was getting me nowhere so I called the DHL head office who called the Chengdu depot and the duty magically disappeared and I was free to take my stuff. 

Like many western companies I think the DHL outlets in Asia are run more lie franchises and treat everything coming through their hands as theirs until you give them some form of payment. Also, their hiring policy seems somewhat lax with regards literacy, particularly with regard reading English (or any other language for that matter.) Chances are the person sorting the parcels coouldn't understand the delivery address and just stamped it "Return to Sender" rather than go to the trouble of getting advice.

Shopee site is FULLY in THAI, their Communications are FULLY in THAI, their CHAT is FULLY in THAI., ...

That's funny, when I log in to Shoppee I get a pop-up in red, forcing me to choose between English and Thai. I've never tried using their chat function. Don't you have a Thai friend who can help you? And if they're only in Thai, and you can't read and write Thai, how did you manage to place your order?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

DHL have never given me anything  but problems so if I know  they are involved  I do not order.  Shopee should  only be used COD.

Good suggestion.  No show, no problem.

"...Shopee recently declared they are taking on Lazada..."

Is that why I have had so many problems with Lazada lately?  They deliver the wrong product, the wrong size, the wrong colour, nothing but problems.  It is unbelievable the trouble I have had recently with Lazada.  So now I only order with the Chinese where I have no problems at all - at least they are intelligent enough to send me exactly what I order. 

4 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

"Shopee site is FULLY in THAI, their Communications are FULLY in THAI, their CHAT is FULLY in THAI". If you don't speak Thai why initiate a major transaction through their site? 

Isn't his wife Thai?

I’ve used both... and for the most part, been fully satisfied...

That said, I do agree in general with the OP that from a language basis only, Shopee isn’t nearly as English language friendly as Lazada... 

Yes, this IS Thailand and yes, Im sure that the overwhelming percentage of both Lazada’s and Shopee’ customer base are primary Thai speakers - so i can’t and don’t fault either for focusing their whole operation around the Thai language... but ... as a English speaker, I would chose to favor Lazada as I feel they support the English-speaking customer base - however big or small it may be - better than others platforms. 

I thought that with Shopee, until you clicked that you've received the product, the sellers don't see a dime, they can ask for extension when there's shipping delays or whatever. 

It also used to be that on certain instance, they only refund via their Airpay/Shopee Pay account, which is not available to you unless you have a Thai ID card