It’s official: Thai govt approves plans to re-open to foreign tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Cheers for that. 
just off to buy another phone. 

Don't bother. There's another thread running discussing the fact that nobody actually CHECKS your phone on entry to Thailand.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourists who intend to visit the aforementioned destinations will still have to undergo quarantine but only for 7 days rather than the 14 days mandatory quarantine needed previously.

So many different stories and reports. For example - this is the first time I've seen it said that the 7 day quarantine will only apply to certain locations. And, didn't previous announcements say that they exepected quarantine would be gone completely for vaccinated tourists by 1 October?  Maybe I'm just totally confused.

Not sure if the reason for the confusion is announcements or the reporting.

Even when an official announcment is made and details given, we will all be reliant on what the embassy you apply to for your COE says.  If London is anything to go by, we could  in for a long wait.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

they're all waiting for countries to open up and they will be there.

There is a problem there.  Countries aren’t allowing flights back. My mate  keeps trying to get back to the UK and his flight has been cancelled yet again. So travelers arriving here wont get back. 555

1 minute ago, Ricebarnandrooms said:

There is a problem there.  Countries aren’t allowing flights back. My mate  keeps trying to get back to the UK and his flight has been cancelled yet again. So travelers arriving here wont get back. 555

And the problem with that is?  Cancellation insurance????

7 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

So from July if i go to Phuket for say 10 days, after the 10 days can i then travel to other parts of the country?

As far as I know - and its very confusing, the 10 day quarantine applies to everywhere, not just Phuket. Therefore you can do your 10 days in Bangkok and you're good to go.

But, don't forget, we don't know the conversion factor yet.  Currently, due to their planned Lunar Mission, Thailand is acclimatising itself so uses Moon days, thus: 14 day quarantine is actually 15 Earth nights/16 Earth days.  10 day quarantine could be 11 Earth nights/12 Earth days.

52 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

My medical records, including both Covid jabs, are on available on the NHS website. No idea if this counts as proof of vaccinations but it must help. You need your NHS number to register.

Me too....AND in my vaccination book (my first jab so far)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I read plenty thats why I'm asking you, show me one article where its confirmed vaccinated tourists arriving in Phuket can then travel to anywhere else in Thailand without quarantine. There are none, simple as that.

But how would you stop tourists traveling elsewhere? Car/motorbike rental,  bus trips into Phangna, flights to bangkok? What’s to stop it?

additionally, since Thais will be able to travel in and out of Phuket, AFTER interacting with tourists on the island, why would you bother to stop the tourists traveling? Thai nationals will carry anything that’s available to be caught from tourists, into every nook and cranny of the country anyway.

5 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Vaccines are available in the USA Texas all over the place and by the end of April or May at the latest if you don’t get a vaccine it is because you don’t want one. Things are changing quickly. ????????

Don't confuse what's happening in US & UK with what's happening elsewhere with regards to vaccinations.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

If the scheme in Phuket proves successful, quarantine will be scrapped in other popular tourist destinations throughout Thailand, namely Chiang Mai, Krabi, Pattaya, Phang Na and Koh Samui from 1 October. 

So what's the situation for a Thai + American couple returning after more than a year absence - marriage visa? They were living in Chiang Mai, so would they have to quarantine after 1 October?

6 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

All the talk about tourists is all very well and perhaps understandable, but what about long stay residents (retirees, married to Thai etc.).  What is our position if we visit Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam etc. What quarantine do we have to do when we come back? 

Same as any other person entering the country.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

The 7 day quarantine for vaccinated people is for only certain areas such as Phuket, Krabi, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Kho Samui. If you want to quarantine in Bangkok, vaccinated or not, you have to do the 10 day quarantine. 

I don't see a list of ASQ Hotels for that area yet, but we are not coming until late April -Early May  so for us there is time, Wife says would like to do quarantine in Chiang Mai , as we have never been there before. 

Anyone sees a list of ASQ hotels for the 7 day quarantine please post. 

Not true. If you're vaccinated and not from one of the those 15 or so countries that they've singled out, then it's 7 days if you quarantine in Bangkok. This was confirmed today with Thai Consulate in Sydney, as advised on the ceothailand.mfa.go.th website...

Quarantine 7 days.jpg

Edited by Donga

19 minutes ago, VBF said:

Me too....AND in my vaccination book (my first jab so far)

You were one step ahead of me. Did not think of a vaccination book, I just have two pieces of card without my name.

Personally I think I will bite the bullet and do 10 day quarantine in June. My ASQ have said they will amend the booking if quarantine is reduced.

Far too many 'ifs' involved in this Phuket 7 day scheme for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hioctane said:

The chance of infection is significantly lowered. The viral load is significantly lowered. Therefore, the chance of transmission is significantly lowered. If everyone is vaccinated, the spread will grind to a halt and the virus will die off. 

Read about transmission articles after March.

That's not want the manufactures say 

1 minute ago, Greenwich Boy said:

You were one step ahead of me. Did not think of a vaccination book, I just have two pieces of card without my name.

Personally I think I will bite the bullet and do 10 day quarantine in June. My ASQ have said they will amend the booking if quarantine is reduced.

Far too many 'ifs' involved in this Phuket 7 day scheme for me.

I'm not planning on Thailand until the UK winter - I've missed this last one anyway  -good luck in June.

8 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

So from July if i go to Phuket for say 10 days, after the 10 days can i then travel to other parts of the country?

Really ?. 

Do not believe , what you read , on Forums ..

Welcome to Thailand ..

29 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

My hotel in Bangkok changed my quarantine reservation from 15 nights to 11 nights last night

Ahhh so as I suspected, they are operating on their Lunar Schedule - 10 days = 11 nights/12 days.

Edit: Now confirmed by the Thai Embassy London.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Edited by KhaoYai

7 minutes ago, Donga said:

Not true. If you're vaccinated and not from one of the those 15 or so countries that they've singled out, then it's 7 days if you quarantine in Bangkok. This was confirmed today with Thai Consulate in Sydney, as advised on the ceothailand.mfa.go.th website...

Quarantine 7 days.jpg

I don't see where it says anything about Bangkok, but I hope you are right as it would make things a lot easier. 

Anyway , we should know in a day or two, as people start arriving after April 1st 

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Ahhh so as I suspected, they are operating on their Lunar Schedule - 10 days = 11 nights/12 days

No this is Thailand  - it's the looney schedule ????

Edited by VBF

2 minutes ago, Been There said:

That's not want the manufactures say 

My I add. 

Read the small print .  Escape clause ..?

No liability , etc ...

Staff safe ...

• Like 1

Thailand to reopen in four phases beginning April 1st

487701ED-622F-4014-8F23-76EED5CCF309-768x432.jpeg

The Thai government is considering easing quarantine requirements and restrictions on travel to Thailand, which will be split into four phases.

The spokesperson for the Prime Minister’s office, Anucha Burapachaisri, said that the first phase will start on April 1st. The quarantine period for foreign tourists travelling to Phuket, Krabi, Phang-nga, Chiang Mai and Pattaya will be 7 days, provided that they have been inoculated against COVID-19 and hold a vaccine certificate.

In the second phase, starting July 1st, foreign tourists travelling to Phuket, who have been inoculated, will not need to be quarantined. Vaccinated tourists travelling to Krabi, Phang-nga, Chiang Mai and Pattaya will still need to enter 7 days of quarantine.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-to-reopen-in-four-phases-beginning-april-1st/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-03-31

• Thanks 1