Phuket expats will be vaccinated, officials confirm

snoop1130

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Somethings working in the UK to bring down the deaths since the vaccines started after allowing time for second shot and immunity to build up.

uk deaths.png

I would hypothisize  that the drop in deaths is mostly attributed to the more accurate reporting of actual cause of death. Prior to a few months ago, every death was being recorded as a Covid death. Check the CDC's updated numbers using a corrected reporting method, and you will see that actual Covid deaths are less than 10% of what they were reporting all of last year.

But yes, the vaccines should have an impact on death rates, as it does prevent you from getting very sick, but does not prevent you from catching, carrying & shedding the virus.

21 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

I would hypothisize  that the drop in deaths is mostly attributed to the more accurate reporting of actual cause of death. Prior to a few months ago, every death was being recorded as a Covid death. Check the CDC's updated numbers using a corrected reporting method, and you will see that actual Covid deaths are less than 10% of what they were reporting all of last year.

These are UK figures nothing to do with CDC in the US. The UK has its own criteria for reporting covid deaths and its been the same for many months now.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, bkk6060 said:

They are offering what seem to be the 2 most controversial vaccines Astrazeneca and Sinovac.

Good luck to those expats in Phuket.

well ... you should digest those negative reports with a grain of salt.

In the end, it’s also about market share (and with regard to Sinovac and Sputnik, even about politics).

The mechanisms using the Spike Protein are similar - therefore, the possible side effects coming from that are also similar.

For example, looking up Comirnaty - the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine - in www.Vigiaccess.org (that’s the Adverse Drug Reaction search tool from the University of Uppsala for the WHO, drawing data from its Vigi Base ADR database), it shows:

385,000 adverse drug reactions in 2021

for Biontech.

20 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

well ... you should digest those negative reports with a grain of salt.

In the end, it’s also about market share (and with regard to Sinovac and Sputnik, even about politics).

The mechanisms using the Spike Protein are similar - therefore, the possible side effects coming from that are also similar.

For example, looking up Comirnaty - the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine - in www.Vigiaccess.org (that’s the Adverse Drug Reaction search tool from the University of Uppsala for the WHO, drawing data from its Vigi Base ADR database), it shows:

385,000 adverse drug reactions in 2021

for Biontech.

First of all it's worth pointing out that in the preface to the adverse drug reaction report, it states, "Information on suspected ADR should not be interpreted as meaning that the medicinal product in question, or the active substance(s), generally causes the observed effect or is unsafe to use. Any robust conclusion with regard to benefits and risks of a specific medicinal product always requires detailed evaluation and scientific assessment of all available data. The balance between benefit and risk of a specific medicinal product also varies between individual patients".

"Although few people in the clinical trials went to the hospital or died, data suggest that people who got the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were less likely to have these more serious outcomes compared to people who got the saline placebo".

So the people who got the vaccine were less likely to have serious outcomes than the people who got the saline injection, which could be "misinterpreted" that the saline injection was not safe!

Furthermore, the ADR statistics also show that aspirin had 178,000 cases of adverse drug reaction, so the statistics need to be studied carefully and fully understood with regards to a "risk/benefit" scenario.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

Well ... then let’s compare this number to the most recent study from Prof. Ioannidis about infection fatality rates:

https://doi.org/10.1111/eci.13554

”the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15%”

So that means:

your    1 in 1000    for DVT compares 

to an infection fatality rate for Covid of    1.5 in 1000

Shall we conclude from that, in analogy to DVT,

you consider Covid as not very dangerous ???

Excellent distortion, but nothing to do with blood clots or the vaccine.

Of course you are free to believe that the chance of a blood clot from the vaccine is greater than 1 in 1000, doesn't make it a fact.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

"Why would you like to spread the idea that you can be intelligent in this kind of repetitive practice (again and again and again) ? You have so huge binary comments there... please, look this at what it is."

Look at the number of posts and kind of posts you have made in this thread, and then you criticize someone else for doing something that you have done yourself much more frequently.

You should start to learn what the word "binary" means. Looks like you don't know, or you make a bad use of it.

Binary means that it is all or nothing, pro or anti, zero or one.

So when a dumb is coming to reduce a comment and do not understand what the other wrote, it is a kind of binary mind thinking back to this practice.

I did not do that, but i was sure that you would deny criticism.

Also, i do not wrote that it is bad to criticize (that i do many times, i do not deny that.... i think you mix "binary" and "criticism" who are not the same), but i wrote that it is stupid to reduce things in this kind of binary form as some are doing there (and everybody will sure understand who are they, as it is something flagrant).

If you, again and again, miss understand something more, i can not do nothing for you, i was pretty clear to describe this very current and poor technique.

I can understand you feel disappointed to...

2 hours ago, jerolamo said:

You should start to learn what the word "binary" means. Looks like you don't know, or you make a bad use of it.

Binary means that it is all or nothing, pro or anti, zero or one.

So when a dumb is coming to reduce a comment and do not understand what the other wrote, it is a kind of binary mind thinking back to this practice.

I did not do that, but i was sure that you would deny criticism.

Also, i do not wrote that it is bad to criticize (that i do many times, i do not deny that.... i think you mix "binary" and "criticism" who are not the same), but i wrote that it is stupid to reduce things in this kind of binary form as some are doing there (and everybody will sure understand who are they, as it is something flagrant).

If you, again and again, miss understand something more, i can not do nothing for you, i was pretty clear to describe this very current and poor technique.

I can understand you feel disappointed to...

Please note it was not me you were having your 'discusdiob'with, it was just me observing you were doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

10 hours ago, jerolamo said:

but for you, people are only:

1/ pro vax

or

2/ anti vax

You are all the time unable to share ideas or provide any argument out of the mass media system where you got it and jump on the one you like, forget all the other, reduce the final mixture, then drink all at one time.

Why would you like to spread the idea that you can be intelligent in this kind of repetitive practice (again and again and again) ? You have so huge binary comments there... please, look this at what it is.

It seem you might have enter into some dark brown wet lube tunnel of the human specie?  ????

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, pacman32 said:

It always amazes me that if someone dies within 6 months of a positive Covid test (even asymptomatic) with previous health issues then it's caused by Covid, but someone dies within days of having a vaccine it's caused by pre existing issues ????

What you should realise about the death I mentioned is that it has not been reported, so how many others have not? 

Just food for thought.

It is being reported. 

Covid-19: Seven UK blood clot deaths after AstraZeneca vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stevenl said:

Please note it was not me you were having your 'discusdiob'with, it was just me observing you were doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

but you not just "observed" something (as you pretend), but you did interpreted it a lot, without understand the definition of the word you read. Now you are trying to S turn...

I don't know if you don't want to understand or if you can not, but you failed. Why do you insist then ?

15 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It seem you might have enter into some dark brown wet lube tunnel of the human specie?  ????

looks like i show this tube, precisely, it is correct.... but i didn't go in without full dry and special suit... ????

The idea is to show it as it is to stop the monster.

It works, now people turn the head. ????

8 hours ago, jerolamo said:

looks like i show this tube, precisely, it is correct.... but i didn't go in without full dry and special suit... ????

The idea is to show it as it is to stop the monster.

It works, now people turn the head. ????

If that is the show you want to tube or lube correct or not correct go wet, dry put on that suit so the monster stops show your idea turn head to heads if it works and you like it you can show or not show or didn't go in our stay out to each his own????

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 6:42 PM, smedly said:

do a search for Geert Vanden Bossche interview 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2021/03/26/geert-vanden-bossche/

"On March 6, 2021, a Belgian veterinarian named Geert Vanden Bossche published an open letter “to all authorities, scientists and experts around the world” asserting that, in his expert analysis, the current global COVID-19 vaccination program will “wipe out large parts of our human population.” The way to avoid this purported calamity, Bossche asserts, is for scientists to pay more attention to his own invention — a “universal vaccine” that uses the body’s innate immune system to kill SARS-CoV-2."

Well, at least he isn't a dentist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:23 PM, chilli42 said:

“High” is the temperature I cook  bacon at and how I feel on returning from a night on the town.  It just lacks a certain mathematical/scientific precision.  It also does not seem an adequate definition of the risk of dying from Covid.

I think that the a numerical estimate of risk of contracting COVID is not something that can be calculated.  

The efficyacy numbers in from the trials describe the reduction in risk for the vaccinated vs. the unvaccinated in the trial, but the risk that the unvaccinated face in general is not easy to calculate if I understand correctly.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:33 PM, BernieOnTour said:

In case, you should still have time to spare, look at the bigger picture and read again good old Darwin:

Charles Darwin’s Theory on Natural Selection

... in essence: if you increase the pressure (something, you are also doing with the vaccination) on a species, it leads to a natural breeding, resulting in:

1) more mutations 

2) survival of the fittest... i.e. more resistant, stronger and more dangerous 

I don't think it is true that increased selection pressure increases mutations.  The number or frequency of mutations are largely a function of the replication process of DNA in the organism and the errors that spontaneously occur in that process. (Outside factors can increase this e.g. exposure to ionizing radiation.)  Selection pressure causes higher death rates and relative increases in the proportion of organisms with an advantageous mutation in the population.  Selection pressure can also simply cause extinction, for example smallpox, or famously, dinosaurs.  Increased selection pressure does not inevitably result in a "more resistant, stronger and more dangerous" organism.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:55 AM, Wiggy said:

It is being reported. 

Covid-19: Seven UK blood clot deaths after AstraZeneca vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646

The problem is, out of 37m people vaccinated - how many people would have had a clot, how many that received other vacancies got clots

I don't know the accurate answers to these questions, there does seem to be a sinister element (agenda) to many so called mainstream news reports these last few years, I generally treat them all with suspicion, many just accept what they tell you.

Big tech and big money are steering the narrative in our world right now, the possess the means motive and money to do so

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 7:50 AM, BernieOnTour said:

Well ... then let’s compare this number to the most recent study from Prof. Ioannidis about infection fatality rates:

https://doi.org/10.1111/eci.13554

”the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15%”

So that means:

your    1 in 1000    for DVT compares 

to an infection fatality rate for Covid of    1.5 in 1000

Shall we conclude from that, in analogy to DVT,

you consider Covid as not very dangerous ???

Statistics and correlations require interpretation of course.

If this were not the case we might conclude that wearing a toupee causes baldness.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cdemundo said:

...”On March 6, 2021, a Belgian veterinarian named Geert Vanden Bossche ...

Well, at least he isn't a dentist.

No, he isn’t a dentist 555

Geert Vanden Bossche has a PhD in Virology.

He worked at:

- GSK Biologicals

- Novartis Vaccines 

- Solvay Biologicals

- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team as Senior Program Officer

- GAVI as Senior Ebola Program Manager

- German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office

... not really a typical career for someone put by some fact checkers into the same corner as those guys with tinfoil hats and conspiracy theories ????

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

The problem is, out of 37m people vaccinated - how many people would have had a clot, how many that received other vacancies got clots

I don't know the accurate answers to these questions, there does seem to be a sinister element (agenda) to many so called mainstream news reports these last few years, I generally treat them all with suspicion, many just accept what they tell you.

Big tech and big money are steering the narrative in our world right now, the possess the means motive and money to do so

It’s not only about clots.

If you analyze the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) in the US,

- you will find 44 to 184 deaths after vaccination between 2000 and 2020, in average 117 per year

- for January/February 992 deaths were reported, extrapolating that on a full year, these figures would amount to 5952

- that is an incredible increase by factor 51.  And in comparison, we should take into account, that every year between 45% and 60% of the population in the US got vaccinated against Influenza...

Swissmedic reports show similar tendencies 

3 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

It’s not only about clots.

If you analyze the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) in the US,

- you will find 44 to 184 deaths after vaccination between 2000 and 2020, in average 117 per year

- for January/February 992 deaths were reported, extrapolating that on a full year, these figures would amount to 5952

- that is an incredible increase by factor 51.  And in comparison, we should take into account, that every year between 45% and 60% of the population in the US got vaccinated against Influenza...

Swissmedic reports show similar tendencies 

Can you share a link please.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, Henryford said:

Especially not the untested mRNA vaccines.

More than 637 million vaccine doses have been administered worldwide.

But some Farang on TVF doesn't think that's good enough. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

On 4/1/2021 at 10:15 PM, NoBrainer said:

the vaccines should have an impact on death rates, as it does prevent you from getting very sick, but does not prevent you from catching, carrying & shedding the virus.

I think you are overstating what is known.  The trials were designed to determine if the vaccines prevented serious illness.  The question of "catching, carrying & shedding the virus." as you put it, is still to be determined because the experimental design was not intended to answer this question.   I understand that there are results from observations in Israel that the vaccines do appear to reduce "carrying & shedding the virus" in vaccinated people.  I think we will learn more with time.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

I couldn't agree more.

10 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

More than 637 million vaccine doses have been administered worldwide.

But some Farang on TVF doesn't think that's good enough. ????

Previously it was thought necessary to test vaccines for 5-10 years before general use. Now we use them after 6-9 months. Were those previous testing regimes totally meaningless?

20 hours ago, smedly said:

Like most things in life it is all about perception.

A friend of mine was rushed into a UK hospital last week, turned out to be blood clots in the respiratory system. It was touch and go but recovering and hope to come off oxygen tomorrow. Although 74 he hasn't had the vaccine due to cancer treatment but had recently an op to remove a tumour. 

Blood clots are a fact of life, should people stop having operations due to the risk of blood clots, should all potential blood clot problems be headline  news.

The only real discussion should be awareness, informed decisions are always the best ones, scaremongering doesn't get us anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1