Thai govt confirms list of approved vaccines for foreigners to enter Thailand with reduced quarantine

snoop1130

Nice marketing effect for the big pharmaceutical companies in the West (with their Indian subsidiaries) and Big Brother China 555

So - the millions of Russians,

who were vaccinated since the approval of Sputnik V in August 2019,

are not welcomed as tourists anymore - despite being vaccinated ?

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Read a previous post of mine. Its not only unnecessary but safer to rely on a positive antibody test than rely on a vaccination certificate. It could even be done at the point of entry to a country in 10 minutes.

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Thank you Wing fat (is that as in bingo wings?).

Nah, the term Wingfat is a very old Cantonese expression; you won't find its meaning by Googling it. I got tagged with that knickname when I was 12 years old after my buddies and I saw the comedy movie "What's Up Tiger Lily" in which one of the doofus protagonists was named Wingfat.  Fast forward 30 years later when I lived and worked in Asia/Pac, I learned from a client in Singapore that the term wingfat means "forever prosperous"...I had the last laugh on my childhood buddies...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

the millions of Russians,

are not welcomed as tourists anymore

What could you possibly inject them with to make them welcome?

Edited by Surelynot

49 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Nice marketing effect for the big pharmaceutical companies in the West (with their Indian subsidiaries) and Big Brother China 555

So - the millions of Russians,

are not welcomed as tourists anymore - despite being vaccinated ?

Funny. I'd actually trust Sputnik over any Chinese vaccine.

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, polpott said:

I can't be bothered providing a link as I've done it in several threads befor but your statement is untrue. Latest research  shows that it provides immunity to almost the same extent as efficacy. People who made the same claim as you, such as Fauchi based their assumption on the fact that the research hadn't been done, therefore it might be true. We now know that it almost certainly isn't true.

Agree.

What both you and @GroveHillWanderer are saying (IMO) is that there is no point in quoting old facts and theories.

In this incredibly fast-moving situation, last week's "theory" may not necessarily be today's fact as the research is proving and disproving ideas all the time.

When it comes to Covid, I look at the date on the website I'm quoting - if it's more than 2 weeks old, it's suspect!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrfill said:

The entire continent of Africa reported just over 22000 new cases yesterday. To put that in perspective, it is less than any one of Poland, France, Italy or Germany.

I wonder how reliable the reporting is ...

20 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a classic thai screwup in the making; anything in this country with a supply chain of more than one is doomed to third world inefficiency; note the thai  attempts at bureaucracy

Actually so far most of the countries reported mutated strain of Covid-19 except for? You are right China ???? They have just told politely only Chinese are welcome 

21 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Next question, what will constitute an acceptable proof of vaccination when there is currently no systematic certification in many countries, and no globally accepted documentation beyond the old yellow book, which can be easily counterfeited.

In rhe USA we get a CDC card ....

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This is completely inaccurate.

The vaccines do prevent you from getting the virus, though not by 100%. In addition, the minority of people (very tiny minority in the case of some of the vaccines) whio still get it, have very mild infections, usually asympotomatic and of short duration which in turn equates to low infectivity.

Initially there was a lack of hard data on whether or not vaccinated people could carry and spread the virus (though it was always likely they would not).  For some reason, throughout this pandemic, people have had difficulty understanding what "lack of data/unproven" means and misinterpreted it.

Data is now starting to become  available and preliminary results show exactly what one would expect -- that transmission of the virus by immunized people would be extremely rare. Further studies are underway to quantify it more exactly.

There are not "many" reports of vaccinated people testing positive. Just a handful and in all that i have seen, quite likely the person was infected prior to vaccination.

Sources ?

Edited by Swimfan

7 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine is 91% effective.

Which is more than most of the vaccines on that list.

According to a post in the Royal Thai Government Gazette, vaccinated tourists need to be able to prove they have been vaccinated with “a vaccine, approved, and registered with the MoPH or approved by the WHO, no less than 14 days before the travelling date”. 

WHO Approves Emergency Use of Pfizer Vaccine

By VOA News
December 31, 2020 08:28 PM

Its on the list ....4th one down

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

A whole $40, that's less than 50 cents a day.

Last of the big spenders.

I remember being asked by a guy in Udon Thani if leaving a 2 baht tip in a restaurant was too much, which kind of left me speechless.

I wonder if it is the same guy

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Sources ?

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n888

Vaccination with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine reduces infections by 90%, while a single dose confers 80% protection, shows a study led by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that followed essential workers through the worst months of the pandemic.1

39 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Just joshing..... 

Never mind. Don't judge folks by a few bad apples, obnoxious but harmless in the end.

Purely from an economic perspective, apart from Chinese hordes, TAT would choose Russians over any other tourist contigent if it had to so the exclusion of Sputnik is baffling and sends the wrong massage in this neck of the woods. Not that 7 vs 10 days would matter much anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks to our wonderful NHS I have had my first shot of Pfizer vaccine but was told my next may be different, probably AZ Oxford. I wonder how that will go down at the border.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Thanks to our wonderful NHS I have had my first shot of Pfizer vaccine but was told my next may be different, probably AZ Oxford. I wonder how that will go down at the border.

28 days quarantine.....just to be safe?

12 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I wonder why they told you that? It's only supposed to be in a very particular set of circumstances they would mix the brands.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/961287/Greenbook_chapter_14a_v7_12Feb2021.pdf

If the course is interrupted or delayed, it should be resumed using the same vaccine but the first dose should not be repeated. There is no evidence on the interchangeability of the COVID-19 vaccines although studies are underway.

Therefore, every effort should be made to determine which vaccine the individual received and to complete with the same vaccine. For individuals who started the schedule and who attend for vaccination at a site where the same vaccine is not available, or if the first product received is unknown, it is reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule.

This option is preferred if the individual is likely to be at immediate high risk or is considered unlikely to attend again. In these circumstances, as the vaccines are based on the spike protein, it is likely the second dose will help to boost the response to the first dose.

Granted, this is for 'incomplete' vaccines (where you beyond the 12 weeks for second dose) but for a normal vaccine schedule with two appointments they shouldn't logically be giving you a different brand.

26 minutes ago, chang1 said:

More to the point which one gets banned for the 0.0000001% blood clots ?

Not again with the Foreigners! 

So, if I was just in Minnesota, during the 4th wave, and picked up strain # 8 or #9...but was inoculated for strains 1, 2, or 3....Im not ok because I'm a foreigner and have a Foreigners proof from a Thailand list? Or I am ok because I meet Thailands Criteria!? 

What? 

Is any of this making sense to anyone. 

All the Spring breakers just returned home in the USA and shared South American, and Central American strains with they're little sisters and brothers and infections shot up 237% in schools K through High School in the Mid West.

The 4th wave just hit the USA, and its on its way over to a town near you soon. 

But we're going to have a list for Africans, Europeans, Sandanavians, Australians and Asians and North, Central and South Americans to come into travel bubbles? 

Delusional 

.... which brings us back to the Burmese coming in as legal or illegal workers..... how will they afford they're shots?  Are they part of the "Foreigners" list?