Thai govt confirms list of approved vaccines for foreigners to enter Thailand with reduced quarantine

snoop1130

They weren't thinking very clearly if they want to encourage tourism from China and Russia, that's for sure.

They have included only two of the five (authorized inside of China vaccines.)

Which means that at least 50% of the population here receiving Sinopharm VERO, CanSinoBio or the new one authorized by the Chinese CDC would be out of luck.

When you go to the clinic or hospital in China, there are currently long lines that are being announced within just 24-48 hours and you have no control over which vaccine/s you receive.

It would be ridiculous to go out and get another vaccination JUST for Thailand when the Sinopharm one is around 79% effectiveness (50% is the bottom of acceptable range), which is arguably better than the results from the two Coronavac vaccines that Thailand supposedly is approving.

One would think that SOMEONE in Thailand is actually looking at the situation in China more closely or carefully than an English/Economics teacher in an international high school in Wuhan.

Especially if the stated goals are an increase (at least beginning in October, when China celebrates its National Week holidays) Chinese and Russian tourism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

So if you're accepting Moderna why don't you frikin approve it so people who want to pay to get vaccinated can do so?

This government is making me and many others subject to the virus.

But where can you pay for the vaccine?

LOS cannot.

UK cannot.

It's going to take time.

15 minutes ago, caulfield2 said:

They weren't thinking very clearly if they want to encourage tourism from China and Russia, that's for sure.

They have included only two of the five (authorized inside of China vaccines.)

Which means that at least 50% of the population here receiving Sinopharm VERO, CanSinoBio or the new one authorized by the Chinese CDC would be out of luck.

When you go to the clinic or hospital in China, there are currently long lines that are being announced within just 24-48 hours and you have no control over which vaccine/s you receive.

It would be ridiculous to go out and get another vaccination JUST for Thailand when the Sinopharm one is around 79% effectiveness (50% is the bottom of acceptable range), which is arguably better than the results from the two Coronavac vaccines that Thailand supposedly is approving.

One would think that SOMEONE in Thailand is actually looking at the situation in China more closely or carefully than an English/Economics teacher in an international high school in Wuhan.

Especially if the stated goals are an increase (at least beginning in October, when China celebrates its National Week holidays) Chinese and Russian tourism.

I'm in China and received the first dose of the Sinopharm BIBP vaccine last week. It's not on the approved list either but somehow the Sinovac vaccine is, even though both are not yet approved by the WHO.

2 minutes ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

I'm in China and received the first dose of the Sinopharm BIBP vaccine last week. It's not on the approved list either but somehow the Sinovac vaccine is, even though both are not yet approved by the WHO.

What is BIBP?

On my vaccine "receipt" for the second dosage April 23rd, it refers to it as "VERO."

I know that Sinovac has two different vaccines as well, so not sure if Thailand is approving one or both.

According to the article (quoted below), China was only at 65 million vaccinated out of 1.4 billion (one dose+) as of two weeks ago.

TAIPEI, TAIWAN -- China has approved a new COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, one that was developed by the head of its Center for Disease Control, adding a fifth shot to its arsenal.

Gao <deleted>, the head of China's CDC, led the development of a protein subunit vaccine that was approved by regulators last week for emergency use, the Chinese Academy of Sciences' Institute of Microbiology said in a statement Monday.

It is the fifth coronavirus vaccine approved in China and the fourth to be given emergency use approval. Three of those given emergency approval have since been approved for general use. All were developed by Chinese companies.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/china-approves-another-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-1.5348960

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There really won't be except for very tiny countries like Israel or Denmark. The United States will have dozens and dozens of " passports " by this summer. Thailand can figure it all out I'm sure. 

It'll all be in the Immigration Biometrics system so no problems

If only Immigration could keep computer systems up and operational.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Sinovac is approved for use in Thailand. I think it's the only vaccine beong used here t the moment.

I'd be a bit stupid not to allow Sinovac-caccinated foreigners into the country!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1