Thai govt confirms list of approved vaccines for foreigners to enter Thailand with reduced quarantine

snoop1130

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

a classic thai screwup in the making; anything in this country with a supply chain of more than one is doomed to third world inefficiency; note the thai  attempts at bureaucracy

Corruption to follow

17 hours ago, TacoKhun said:

Interesting, no Russian vaccine who one of the biggest tourist group.

I have decided not travel for the next year or two until the authorities around the world sort themselves out. There is enough stress in travel without having Thailand open up Phuket on April 1st and not publish the list until April 2nd. How long until the list permeates throughout the world? What happens too Russians who turn up, often with families, and are told that they have to go into quarantine for extended quarantine? Won't they be unhappy and give Thailand a bad reputation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

How did these virus variants get all over the world so fast?  Were there travelers who were essential people, infected

but traveled anyway all over the place?  It sure seems strange for these variants to be everywhere. 

Anyone else been thinking about this situation?

I believe that it will be at least 2 more years before most places have a better handle on this pandemic, at all.

Right now  most forecasts are just wishful dreams.

Geezer

"However, they must be from countries with no mutated strain of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the MoPH”.

Are there not mutated strains everywhere in the world by now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCCR6 said:

Most of the vaccines don’t stop you carrying the virus, they just make you asymptomatic. The local population isn’t vaccinated, so seems there is a huge failure in logic here. 

Sound, factual and logical thinking like that won't get you anywhere here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

But where can you pay for the vaccine?

LOS cannot.

UK cannot.

It's going to take time.

Uk, vat majority of over 50s and those in vulnerable groups have had at least one shot of the vaccine and receive their second shot within 3 months of the first. Now starting on the over 40s. How old are you?

• Like 1

It's all irrelevant anyway. The current vaccines do not prevent you from getting, carrying & shedding the virus.

They only prevent your from getting very sick. In fact there are many reports of vaccinated people testing positive

for the virus after vaccination.

So this hypothesis that vaccinated people are safe to travel without quarantine is pure hogwash.

Better just open up the world & let this flu take it's course, before the entire global economy is completely desecrated.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The data & research after 2 doses of Pfizer , AZ/Oxford, Moderna is excitedly good hence why advanced Western countries: Israel, UK, Europe, America & Canada are being jabbed day in day out. In Israel & UK hospital admissions have dropped dramatically and Pfizer is like gold as is AZ/Oxford with no transmissions hardly ever indicated. In Europe with AZ/Oxford a small number of blood clots reported but exceedingly  rare & offset by millions of saved lives. Israel and UK  over millions vaccinated - no issues.

I understand the Russian Vaccine has no acceptance in West as no proper reviewed research has been covered by their respective medical  authorities

Non vaccinated unlikely to be accepted across borders - why would you with over 2 to 3 million Covid19 deaths across world. This could get tricky for teenagers, young people in families or students wanting to travel outside Europe etc. All UK youngsters in education are being  tested twice weekly to ensure no spreading. With a shocking death toll of 127,000 Brits the country is rapidly taking more measures to combat this Pandemic. Vaccination is the only answer. 

Edited by peter48
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NoBrainer said:

t's all irrelevant anyway. The current vaccines do not prevent you from getting, carrying & shedding the virus.

I can't be bothered providing a link as I've done it in several threads befor but your statement is untrue. Latest research  shows that it provides immunity to almost the same extent as efficacy. People who made the same claim as you, such as Fauchi based their assumption on the fact that the research hadn't been done, therefore it might be true. We now know that it almost certainly isn't true.

While I am waiting to get my turn for the Two-Jab Stab, (or One Jab from J&J), I had a very mild case of the C*****e virus over 2 months ago and beat it in less than 1 week. I have the documented positive and negative test results for the virus as well as a documented positive test result for having the antibodies to prove all of this.

I'm no epidemiologist (or politician), but why wouldn't a documented test result showing I have the NATURAL antibodies to the virus originating from the country-not-to-be-named to be acceptable to enter Thailand and stay as a tourist without an ASQ ???

I will get the "vaccine" (which in reality, the mRNA technology "vaccine" injection is more of a "Gene Therapy" treatment that has skipped the animal testing steps and went directly into human testing) and go with it. I have some personal biz to attend to in Phuket and need to get there within a year or two so I'll do what it takes to get there without an ASQ.

Just curious. I am an American and have previously lived and worked in Thailand (with a valid work permit and previous non-immigrant O and B visas) when I lived and worked in Thailand from 2005-2017. I live in the US now.

Edited by WingFat

28 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

It's all irrelevant anyway. The current vaccines do not prevent you from getting, carrying & shedding the virus.

They only prevent your from getting very sick. In fact there are many reports of vaccinated people testing positive

for the virus after vaccination.

So this hypothesis that vaccinated people are safe to travel without quarantine is pure hogwash.

Better just open up the world & let this flu take it's course, before the entire global economy is completely desecrated.

Correct

Just now, WingFat said:

I'm no epidemiologist (or politician), but why wouldn't a documented test result showing I have the NATURAL antibodies to the virus originating from the country-not-to-be-named to be acceptable to enter Thailand and stay as a tourist without an ASQ

To avoid human rights issues, that is the current plan in the UK. My daughter (nurse) contracted Covid back in October. Although her colleagues have had the vaccine, she cannot as she is pregnant. To continue working she was given the antibody test which showed that she had good levels of Covid antibodies and she was able to continue working.

Before my first ever trip to Thailand I had the Hepatitis B vaccine. I was given the antibody test a few weeks later which showed that i hadn't developed the antibodies and I repeated the course of injections. I was tested again and shown not to have developed enough antibodies to provide me from full protection from Hepatitis B.

For me, a far better document to provide immigration would be one showing that you have sufficient levels of Covid antibodies. A quick and cheap test.

• Confused 1

Astra Zeneca is on their list.... one has to wonder if they knew about the potential risks

Some countries are restricting use of the AstraZeneca vaccine while others have resumed inoculations, as investigations into reports of rare and sometimes severe, blood clots continue.

UK records 30 cases of rare blood clots

British regulators say they have identified 30 cases of rare blood clot events after the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine, 25 more than previously reported.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/man-44-reportedly-admitted-to-hospital-after-covid-19-vaccine-041611694.html

Edited by Mavideol

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

You're having a laugh. You must be an American.

It is a fact that these mRNA "vaccines" are not true vaccines as defined by the US CDC; the pharma cos. in the US were allowed to define their mRNA genetic "therapies" as vaccines to avoid  having any liability for adverse reactions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

They are not genetic therapies. The genes are altered in a harmless coronavirus to cause the body to produce antibodies without the recipient becoming sick. it doesn't alter your genes in any way. Just anti vaxxer nonsense.

If the genetic structure in a "harmless" virus is altered, is that not some form of "genetic therapy" ??? Not wanting to get into a pissing contest, but rather getting definitions clarified.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, WingFat said:

If the genetic structure in a "harmless" virus is altered, is that not some form of "genetic therapy" ??? Not wanting to get into a pissing contest, but rather getting definitions clarified.

Its a genetic modification of the virus, not you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Its a genetic modification of the virus, not you.

Got it...my other point is if someone already has (as I have) natural antibodies, why is what is effectively a synthetic form of developing antibodies via vaccines necessary to allow for travel to Thailand and other countries ? I am not an "anti-vaxxer" but I do have a healthy distrust of Big Pharma and Big Gov't politicians.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Australia and New Zealand are nanny states that mollycoddle their citizens and impose layers of rules and regulations on everything. The world needs to start living again as soon as possible. As someone stuck in Australia, I can hardly wait for the opportunity to get out. Problem is that caution and bureaucracy have set back the vaccine rollout by many months in Australia. 

Or maybe you could rephrase it as Australia and New Zealand citizens have mobilized as a collective to successfully manage the Covid outbreak. Therefore avoiding multiple country wide lockdowns buy applying a systematic approach to managing the pandemic based on evidence based practices and science. The majority of countries are now attempting to do what these countries did a year ago after waiting for their health systems to almost collapse and causing unnecessary deaths and suffering. Destroying their economies at the same time. Is it perfect here in OZ ? No. But I can’t think of many other places I would want to be in the middle of a pandemic. Yes we can not leave the country but at least we are not going from lockdown to lockdown with no end in sight. My relatives in the UK would die to be living here at the moment. 

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

Looks like the Russians aren't on the list with their vaccine. Wasn't that one of the countries TAT was targeting a couple of weeks ago?

Of course.. so that Russians DO spend 10 days in quarantine. One TAT way to squeeze money 

Just now, WingFat said:

why is what is effectively a synthetic form of developing antibodies via vaccines necessary to allow for travel to Thailand and other countries ?

Read a previous post of mine. Its not only unnecessary but safer to rely on a positive antibody test than rely on a vaccination certificate. It could even be done at the point of entry to a country in 10 minutes.