"War Against Sugar":  Thais eating nearly FIVE TIMES recommended daily sugar intake

webfact

Just now, madmen said:

Oh the irony! Look at Asians. Look at westerners. Which race is OBESE? Which race is overdosing on sugar? 

Open your eyes dude and take a look for your self.

Which race is OBESE? I guess that's the one which is the subject of the article. No Wait! I can't be genuinely woke if I say that Thais are becoming more obese. Something else the world has to thank the good ole US of A for... (am I allowed to say that without losing some wokeness points?

Which race is overdosing on sugar? Perhaps the race which puts sugar in it's milk and bread? Just a guess... perhaps one can glean some additional insight from the original post.

Open your eyes dude and take a look for your self.

dude? DUDE? Blimey.

• Confused 1

On 4/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, rabas said:

30 odd years ago when I arrived, Thai people were almost universally slender. More so than many places. I doubt traditional Thai food is to blame, including their famous sweets.   Now search for images of Americans in the 50s and 60s, WW-II, etc.

Modern Western junk food and things like 7-11 are surely to blame.

More in this than meets the eye. I recall speaking to a diabetes researcher in Cambridge (UK) some years ago. He showed me an overlay he had done, which overlaid the progress of DM2 with the spread of KFC and McDonalds. The result was illustrative in the extreme.

Edited by ParkerN

22 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I make my own Bread, and the recipe I use has Zero Sugar, and only 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt in 500 Gram.

Tastes superb and is a whole lot cheaper than the Supermarket Rubbish.

Recipe please , bread maker or freehand ?

1 hour ago, superal said:

Recipe please , bread maker or freehand ?

Firstly, I must say that this is not my own recipe, but a recipe belonging to a retired Chef from NE England that goes by the name of John Kirkwood.

Thank you John.

Free hand recipe is the one I use.

He has a load of recipes on" Facebook "that are all easy and workable.

The one I use is for his Quick Baguette Method ( Poolish Method ), and the recipe is on " Facebook "

Please go look at his recipe,s and methods for yourselves. They are easy and good end results.

Let us know how you get on with this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Firstly, I must say that this is not my own recipe, but a recipe belonging to a retired Chef from NE England that goes by the name of John Kirkwood.

Thank you John.

Free hand recipe is the one I use.

He has a load of recipes on" Facebook "that are all easy and workable.

The one I use is for his Quick Baguette Method ( Poolish Method ), and the recipe is on " Facebook "

Please go look at his recipe,s and methods for yourselves. They are easy and good end results.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Sorry pal but I do not do facebook