400k or 800k for extension

I got confused with all those different answers can any body tell me exact what i need for a 1 year extension in Thailand my latest visa expire in april and i need a new extension in Jomtien, fx. form number 400k or 800k in bank , i startet with a O-M (M = multiple entrance) visa from Danmark who was extended last year by a  officer in immigration he did not care for the amount on my Thai bankbook that time,  but what to do now?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, fishtank said:

800,000 for retirement.

400,000 for marriage to a Thai lady.

Zero if married to a Thai man.

Has been that way for years.

Very simplistic reply.

Reading between lines of a very confused OP has no idea of what is required. Guessing that he has not prepared in advance for money in bank requirements. 

Also he stated that imm officer previously did not require any bank account with funds.

Crazy thread, also the OP (one post) throws this question up and contributes nothing.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Guessing that he has not prepared in advance for money in bank requirements. 

Also he stated that imm officer previously did not require any bank account with funds.

Embassy Income letter - the OP is Danish.

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Embassy Income letter - the OP is Danish.

Did cross my mind however the topic heading is "800k or 400k.....". Then in his OP he refers to imm officer not needing to see money in the bank. 

Think your correct must be embassy income  letter. No mention of Thai wife/family, so guessing the answer to his question would be 800k (65k/month)?

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did cross my mind however the topic heading is "800k or 400k.....". Then in his OP he refers to imm officer not needing to see money in the bank. 

Think your correct must be embassy income  letter. No mention of Thai wife/family, so guessing the answer to his question would be 800k (65k/month)?

My guess is he's married to a Thai Jack.

He originally obtained a Non Imm O ME and very few Thai Embassies issue that based on retirement, mostly for visiting Thai family (if available).

Again guessing he used an Embassy Income letter for his extension last year, which is why the IO wasn't interested in his bank book.

The OP hasn't visited the site since posting this topic, so I wouldn't waste any further time until he at least has the decency to reply.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, Vandk said:

I got confused with all those different answers can any body tell me exact what i need for a 1 year extension in Thailand my latest visa expire in april and i need a new extension in Jomtien, fx. form number 400k or 800k in bank , i startet with a O-M (M = multiple entrance) visa from Danmark who was extended last year by a  officer in immigration he did not care for the amount on my Thai bankbook that time,  but what to do now?

Sounds weird that the immigration officer wasn't interested in you financial situation.

Perhaps Jomtien Immigration has a paper with their requirements, they can be little different from office to office.

I'm also Danish and started with a multiple entry non-O visa like you, but I don't live in Chonburi.

You don't extend a vise, you extend your permission to stay, based on being retired; i.e. 50 years or older.

If you can afford it, the easiest way is to make a 12 month fixed deposit of 800,000 baht not later than two month before you apply for extension of stay. Leave the money in the bank and every year cash out the interest a few days after the annual renewing date of the fixed term. You shall be able to withdraw from the account at any time with loss of interest, which is common for most 12-month fixed accounts.

The deposit rules is:

800,000 baht two month before application date, and three month after extension of stay has been granted (the date of the stamp in the passport).

The account must not go under 400,000 baht at any time, and need to be topped up again to 800,000 baht no later than two month before you apply for your next extension of stay; i.e. you can withdraw up to 400,000 baht (in that case you might wish another type of account than a 12 month fixed), but you need to top again two month before next extension.

The immigration office require some paperwork, where it's best to get a list locally.

This is the requirements from the immigration office I use (Koh Samui) that is referred to as one of the most demanding offices, so some items in the list might not apply for you, for example "Medical Certificate", and "Drawing Map" (a hand drawn map), and STM.2 "visa extension conditions"...

2019_immigration-requirements.thumb.jpg.a627a95985414b35511abaf6f84cfd8b.jpg

????

On 4/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, fishtank said:

800,000 for retirement.

400,000 for marriage to a Thai lady.

Zero if married to a Thai man.

Has been that way for years.

Is that a joke? So if you marry a ladyboy you don't need any cash in bank mmmmmmmmm

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Is that a joke? So if you marry a ladyboy you don't need any cash in bank mmmmmmmmm

Why would that be a joke?

A foreign woman married to a Thai man needs nothing in the bank.

That is a fact. Sorry!