Trouble Accessing Wide Range Of Websites Today?

webworldly

Greetings!

Anyone else being prevented from accessing a wide range of websites today? Google, Yahoo, and other "biggies" all open fine, but quite a few others that I visit regularly (news sites, blog sites, etc.) seem to be inaccessible. Any idea why?

CHEERS!

D

It looks like that things are a bit slower than usual but I am happy with the situation. I'm on a TOT line. In general I cannot complain about their services. In case of problems I have a privat GSM number of one of the helpdesk ladies. Very useful.

Anyone else being prevented from accessing a wide range of websites today

Not sure about prevented.. but I'm having trouble accessing a number of sites (BBC, British newspapers, etc..) I'm with TT&T.. As to why; no idea.. guess it'll sort itself out in the end..

i smell a troll........lol.

works fine from viktory monument area.

Ha! No troll here, friend. :-)

Among others, these are a few sites that were down for several hours...and are now intermittently inaccessible (sometimes on, sometimes off):

http://www.oanda.com/rtrates

http://www.bloomberg.com

Before I get flamed for this update, please note that both of these work now (this very moment), but neither worked for several hours earlier today....and neither worked as I started writing this updated post.

Anyone else having issues?

CHEERS!

D

No problems for me. But getting VERY pissed off that UBC / the junta is actively censoring news channels again. What the <deleted> are they afraid of.

God ###### mother ######ing c*** su**** sh** bast*** son of a bit**.... maybe it's swearing.

**EDIT**

Geez.. TV's filter is not as thorough as I thought it was...

I had to go back to edit in more filtering.

The words with # letters are TV's swear filter and those with * letters are SJ's filters.

and oh yes, Yahoo is out all afternoon thus far...

Edited by sriracha john

Been having problems loading local and intl. pages recently. Don't know if its because of "rots of lain" or some Ministry Of Backwardness is intruding into the Interweb portals and thingummies, etc. :o

Been having problems loading local and intl. pages recently. Don't know if its because of "rots of lain" or some Ministry Of Backwardness is intruding into the Interweb portals and thingummies, etc. :o

Nah, they just needed a socket for the rice cooker and unplugged the main server. Give it another 30 minutes and all will be well.

A lot of problems with my connection in Phuket today.

A lot of news sites in Australia are not loading.

My Banking sites also.

Glad that it is not just me..

Funny, I never have a problem with Australian news, read three online newspapers a day, but Thai sites can be really slow some days.

Yes, there have been considerable 'issues' with the net over the last 4 days or so.

An extract from a thread in which I posted within the internet forum.

My understanding is as follows after a few interesting conversations.

Summary, there is a reconfiguration going on, which it appears is targeted at enabling the new monitoring requirements and that during this, effort is being expended in commissioning traffic shaping and traffic management software. Yesterday, for example, a routing table was incorrectly edited and was not patched until early evening. There is no full test system so everything is 'done on production', hence issue that appear and disappear over the course of a day.

Ultimately the net here will be less p2p friendly {no surprise there} and logging will be enabled at the ISP allowing for traceback to IP by time against account.

Regards

Links to threads in internet forum

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121145

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121222

Yes, there have been considerable 'issues' with the net over the last 4 days or so.

Ultimately the net here will be less p2p friendly {no surprise there} and logging will be enabled at the ISP allowing for traceback to IP by time against account.

Brilliant... I've just started a 7 GB download that looked like 2 days to complete, now more like a week :o

Perhaps Peerguardian2 needs tweaking?

Any suggestions for better protection please.