Video: Former policeman mown down by hit and run sports car driver in Nonthaburi

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The daughter of a former lieutenant with the forestry police told Sanook how her father was killed while out exercising on Nakhon-In Road in Nonthaburi.

CCTV showed a black sports car hit 64 year old Pol Lt Theeraphan Hamphanon who was out riding his bicycle at 5.30 am on March 29th.

The driver fled the scene leaving Theeraphan, who retired four years ago, with multiple injuries. He was dead at the scene and his bicycle was 15 meters away from his body.

Daughter Natnaree, 33, told how her father lived alone since his retirement and would go out on 20 km rides every day. 

Relatives have called for the police to speed up their investigation and for the fleeing driver to surrender to police. 

The licence plate of the car was not visible in the footage. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-07

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

but when will all these cyclists and runners  stop running about in black/dark clothes at or near dusk and start to wear some hi Vis. 

Cars do have headlight you know. Though they don't work well when your going too fast and not looking where you're going

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Complete BS. This is about bad driving not people cycling or running in normal clothes. It would not matter if he was lit up like a firework, that driver would not have seen him in time

what part of 'I don't know what happened here', didn't you understand, neither by the way do you?   I was taking the opportunity to make a point of opinion and safety 

The blame rests with the driver as he needs to react to cyclists sharing the road...

that said, what’s the lighting like at 5:30am, bright coloring is helpful and choosing road routes minimizing speeding traffic all goes into a safer and better bicycle experience... 

I was castigated on here recently for commenting on a cyclist killed here on the Darkside of Pattaya for riding on the road around Mabprachan lake & not using the purpose built cycle track mere meters away from him, my mrs uses that track and is very wary when crossing the road to home, drivers and motorcyclists use it like a race track, the guy that killed him was 2 x over the limit at 07.30hrs on a Big Buddha day

Rest in peace Mr Hamphanon. ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not sure what happened here of course and very sad, but when will all these cyclists and runners  stop running about in black/dark clothes at or near dusk and start to wear some hi Vis.  So called serious or professional looking cyclists are the worst offenders, with many of them cycling in black or near black lycra.  This is pure madness anywhere, but especially here, and late in the afternoon. 

RIP this chap. 

come on guy  that is called victim blaming  ..  rip 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I was castigated on here recently for commenting on a cyclist killed here on the Darkside of Pattaya for riding on the road around Mabprachan lake & not using the purpose built cycle track mere meters away from him

With you all the way.......cycle paths in Germany are amazing........but put lycra on and you ignore them and ride on the road.....idiots.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, Pilotman said:

what part of 'I don't know what happened here', didn't you understand, neither by the way do you?   I was taking the opportunity to make a point of opinion and safety 

Maybe, just maybe watch the video and read topics and so on before commenting. It does prevent you from making stupid remarks. Its a good point you made but totally off topic as the guy was clearly visible in white.