Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Any one recommend a good spot for a 2 week detox? I am drinking alot more than usual lately and been getting these horrendous anxiety hangovers  where I'm next  bordering a panic attack, I wanna go some where near a beach, that's cool, and has access to a macro.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

You are the only person that can decide you want to be in control of a drug, rather than the drug controlling you. No-one else can do it for you.

Drinking two glasses of water before you go to bed after drinking alcohol will help your body detox. The next step is to give your body a break by not drinking at all for one day, then extending that period. Or limiting yourself to one or two drinks.

I was a regular drinker, now I enjoy a couple of drinks on weekends, don't drink at all during the week.

Distract yourself with other activities. Hope this helps.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems many use the same words I did for many years before finally doing the best thing I ever did in my life. I went to a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous and thank God I have made one day a time since Sept 16, 1978. Yes, it is a lot of work and think of how much effort you put into your trying to hide your problem. You can look up on the internet anywhere in the world and in most cases find meetings available. The choice is always yours. Good luck and God bless

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

So many aywhole comments on this thread already...  A guy is asking for help... 

 

Why not either choose to offer help, or just stay silent ???

 

 

Op: Rehab can be expensive. Someone mentioned quarantine which isn’t a bad idea.

 

I think desdeash hit the nail on the head - easier said than done, find a hobby? 

As a starter, try going on some bike rides to the quiet areas...  

 

Make a hard and fast rule - avoid day time drinking.

If you do drink, stick to beer only, don’t hit spirits - this may help with the following day toxicity and panic issues. 

Well done with saying "just stay silent". I was asking myself also about the not serious answers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised nobody else suggested it, but if you do a search on "aa bangkok" you should get a bunch of listings of meetings and telephone numbers. I would suggest going to an "open" meeting and see if you'd enjoy hanging out with the people there. If you can't stand them, I'd recommend you try one more meeting (different meeting) before you decide they're not for you. Some AA groups have a lot of what are called "Big Book Nazis," people who insist all the answers you need are in the basic AA book. The first meeting I went to was a bad experience, but I was in an Army rehab program, so had to find some group I could stand, and my second meeting was all people just like the ones I hung out with in the bars. Don't be put off by "the God stuff." Most of the AA's I've known are also recovering from some kind of religious upbringing. You may not find AA congenial, lots of people don't, but it worked wonderfully for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, desdeash said:

Drinking isn't your problem, it's your solution. It fills your emptiness. erases that feeling inside of loneliness, molifies your fears. It's a great way to numb your feelings and hide from yourself. There's a way out, I hope you find it.

 

Yep, that's me too, and I have ZERO problem admitting it. If I didn't drink, and I don't drink every day, I would have lost my mind years ago living here. What people do here who don't have a beer god only knows, go to temples, feed soi dogs? Damn awful, boring sweatbox this place. God's waiting room, no less.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What about going to a wellness hotel like Chiva Som in Hua Hin? It costs a bit but the change of atmosphere and routine might be just what you need. They have different packages like retreat or detox. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

 

Yep, that's me too, and I have ZERO problem admitting it. If I didn't drink, and I don't drink every day, I would have lost my mind years ago living here. What people do here who don't have a beer god only knows, go to temples, feed soi dogs? Damn awful, boring sweatbox this place. God's waiting room, no less.

Spend time on forums, or even Moderate them !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Susco said:

 

I thought that was the main reason why people started drinking

Yep, that usually follows after a few months, that or inventive chemistry ! 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

So many aywhole comments on this thread already...  A guy is asking for help... 

 

Why not either choose to offer help, or just stay silent ???

 

 

Op: Rehab can be expensive. Someone mentioned quarantine which isn’t a bad idea.

 

I think desdeash hit the nail on the head - easier said than done, find a hobby? 

As a starter, try going on some bike rides to the quiet areas...  

 

Make a hard and fast rule - avoid day time drinking.

If you do drink, stick to beer only, don’t hit spirits - this may help with the following day toxicity and panic issues. 

Probably a lot of people who themselves don't want to admit they have a problem or that alcohol can be a problem so they joke when others admit to the problem. Sad really. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a wellness detox resort being advertised on koh chang island last yr. You can probably find it on google. I had a problem yrs ago drinking too much socially. I got off it somehow and sometimes have a beer now and then. It tastes so good after abstaining. 

 

Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acharn said:

I'm surprised nobody else suggested it, but if you do a search on "aa bangkok" you should get a bunch of listings of meetings and telephone numbers. I would suggest going to an "open" meeting and see if you'd enjoy hanging out with the people there. If you can't stand them, I'd recommend you try one more meeting (different meeting) before you decide they're not for you. Some AA groups have a lot of what are called "Big Book Nazis," people who insist all the answers you need are in the basic AA book. The first meeting I went to was a bad experience, but I was in an Army rehab program, so had to find some group I could stand, and my second meeting was all people just like the ones I hung out with in the bars. Don't be put off by "the God stuff." Most of the AA's I've known are also recovering from some kind of religious upbringing. You may not find AA congenial, lots of people don't, but it worked wonderfully for me.

How could reading "Mien Kampf" keep people from drinking? Surely - Nazis are not permitted in AA?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know where you are but there is a great detox/dry out clinic in Chiang Mai

& one run by Six Senses out of  Hua Hin

Charges from 1,400 to 3,500 Bht a day. That includes just about everything unless you need medication. But be warned they make you sign for a minimum of 12 days & you cannot leave or go out to buy anything. Both have a Doctor/Therapist available

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

 

Yep, that's me too, and I have ZERO problem admitting it. If I didn't drink, and I don't drink every day, I would have lost my mind years ago living here. What people do here who don't have a beer god only knows, go to temples, feed soi dogs? Damn awful, boring sweatbox this place. God's waiting room, no less.

Bangkok's status for me has always been a city I get through as rapidly as I can, on my way to Chiang Mai, now Chiang Rai. I don't understand why any foreigner would want to live there, except to work.

I'd probably have to start some serious drinking if I was somehow trapped there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...