PM Prayut urges people to follow anti-COVID-19 measures

webfact

eaa41f328afeb6fd451a53d63dc61161_small.jpg

By Tarin Angskul

BANGKOK (NNT) - Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has asked for cooperation from all sectors to strictly follow the anti-COVID-19 measures of DMHTT - distancing (D), mask wearing (M), hand washing (H), testing (T) and Thai Chana (T). Although most people are cooperative, there are some who let their guard down or refuse to cooperate, and this is a dangerous time.

Government Spokesman, Anucha Burapachaisri, said today that Gen. Prayut wants everyone to take precautionary measures against COVID-19 to the best of their ability. Different agencies must continue overseeing activities that risk spreading the virus in their respective areas. The guidelines for all areas include following the DMHTT measures and having committees on communicable diseases nationwide, consider temporarily closing down establishments with reported infections or venues that risk spreading the disease.

As for guidelines during the Songkran holiday, people are advised to follow the concept of ’Songkran in New Normal, Inheriting Thai Culture’ by focusing on traditions, tourism and health. They are encouraged to refrain from activities involving crowds and close contact. Songkran activities must comply with the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s (CCSA) measures known as DMHTT.

People can participate in a water-pouring ceremony, but it should not be organized in closed or air-conditioned areas. The number of participants has to be limited, with only one person per square meter. They are encouraged to keep a distance of at least a meter from each other and wear protective masks.

Songkran activities are to take place in open areas, with a limit of one person per square meter. People should refrain from organizing activities drawing large crowds or leading to close contact. They are advised to avoid water splashing, powder smearing, foam parties and other events with people from many different areas.

The Government Spokesman said the Prime Minister encourages the public to strictly follow the Songkran in New Normal concept, so as to continue the Thai tradition while taking precautionary measures, as recommended by the CCSA and provincial committees on communicable diseases.

nnt.jpg

"Government Spokesman, Anucha Burapachaisri, said today that Gen. Prayut wants everyone to take precautionary measures against COVID-19 to the best of their ability."

I am absolutely convinced that they will do it depending on their abilities. But perhaps a little bit motivation by law enforcement could enhance their abilities. 

The only anti-covid measure that's going to work now is another strict national lockdown, but the PM and his ministers must have been sampling their home-grown marijuana plants a bit too often as they're in a state of complete denial. Prayut just has time to lock down now before everyone starts leaving Bangkok for Songkran, but he's going to bottle it, an old soldier who doesn't want to take tough decisions any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Urges .... asks .... requests .... !!!!!!!!

These do not work in the Land Of Smiles where everything is OK as long as you don't get caught, and even then, some money will make the problem go away.

Much like the Chinese, the Thai people need to be Told what to do. It is the reality of living here and you can't rely on them to do the right thing if there is no direct financial benefit to them.

It is what it is.

do.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The only anti-covid measure that's going to work now is another strict national lockdown, but the PM and his ministers must have been sampling their home-grown marijuana plants a bit too often as they're in a state of complete denial. Prayut just has time to lock down now before everyone starts leaving Bangkok for Songkran, but he's going to bottle it, an old soldier who doesn't want to take tough decisions any more.

What do they care?......They have all been vaccinated......I'm alright Jack

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimInPattaya said:

the Peter Principle: every position in a given hierarchy will eventually be filled by employees who are incompetent to fulfill the job duties of their respective positions.

Normally a bug. Here it is a feature.

4 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Ouch! (Where'd you find this great pin?)

STAY HOME! No matter what Bozo says.

Yes people should use their brain. I avoid crowded places and had a very bad feeling at the crowded Jomtien Immigration recently where I had to go. To visit entertainment venues where normally no restrictions are followed is unthinkable for me. But there will always be people that don't care especially if laws and regulations are not enforced. 

• Like 1

That's the first time I've heard a call for 'testing' from the government.

Once they begin mass testing, they will find their pandemic which they avoided so far.  Then kiss tourism goodbye until 2023 or later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

That's the first time I've heard a call for 'testing' from the government.

Once they begin mass testing, they will find their pandemic which they avoided so far.  Then kiss tourism goodbye until 2023 or later.

Ahhh-haaa!  Now I 'get' it. 

Testing, as in taking someone's temperature.  Not like mass PCR tests, something I doubt we'll ever see in Thailand. Mass PCR tests would go counter to the popular narrative, "Come Tour In Covid Free Thailand" that TAT and the government ministries are promoting. 

Testing.png.1977e4b009c949bc13d095a361100bbb.png