If You Are Not The Only Farang In The Family

As long as the family member is happy with whom they marry & that person doesn't make trouble for the rest of the family, what the rest of us think of their partner is not overly relevant. My concern for little sister's choice is due to the way he is. He spends the $, leaving her nothing. She has to stay home whilst he is out with the mates. It's his 2nd marriage - during the first, he sold (literally) the baby.

I don't have to worry about family heirachy. We all have our place within it. Whomever comes in next - Thai or farang - will still have to prove his/her worth.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I should have stated that HUMAN TRAFFICKING, which you know all about given your family circumstances, is illegal.

By the way, there are 27 countries in the EU and a population of 490 million so just forget about the other 19 if you like. Sure why not? They're not major countries.

C u next Tuesday.

Okay I should have added Finland, Austria, Switzerland and pourtugal this then should satisfi you as the major countries of Western europe,

Anyway i give up on you, you made your point as you write. I proved mine, and will end my contribution to this thread.

Regards :o

larvidchr' You have made your point more than adequately.

Considering English is not your first language, I think you have explained your situation very clearly and lucidly, and all you would achieve by trying to stir this up would be for you, or some member of your family end of seriously hurt - or more likely dead.

There is absolutely nothing that you, as a foreigner can do to stop such illegal activities, which are undoubtedly aided and abetted by the relevant authorities, including the police.

A similar situation exists in Pattaya - and no doubt elsewhere - where many foreign peadophiles operate with impunity, and under-age children are sold by their families as sex slaves every day of the week. Sure, you read about the occasional arrest - but believe me that's the tip of the iceburg - they're the ones that didn't pay up. There are children's charities here (including some run by foreigners) that do what they can to help such kids when they are brought to them, but there is little they can do to become actively involved in rescuing the kids, as to do so would be a death sentence.

This can be a very dangerous country if you mess with the wrong people who are violent, utterly evil and heartless.

I could go on, - but it is off topic and not fair to the OP.

Mr hill16 needs a reality check, and should lay off, as you have has already done more than your fair share - probably more than most of us.

What's the point of the cut and paste, t.s.? All these post were already answered.

A swing back to the topic here.

Once you marry you become attached, however loosely or firmly to a family unit.

And not all incoming members may be ideal.

You can avoid most confrontations with a little skill but the things you can't change, you have to live with as part of the contract.

The OP has (or had) an unpleasant decision to make and I can understand his reticence.

but the last time I checked prostitution in Europe is not LEGAL.

The only west European country I know of where prostitution is illegal is Sweden, and that is a relative new law (few years) but in the UK. Norway, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Itali prostitution is legal in one form or other, and I should think that covers the major countries in western Europe.

You call Belgium a major Western European country - if it wasn't for their beer and chocolate it would only be known as Germany's back door into France :o

Not really a family issue but a friend of the Mrs has met an Englisg guy who thinks that if you have a passport you can go to any country without a visa, doesn't know how to use the internet or send email and having been asked to translate his text messages seems to be subnormal at best. How the hel_l do you tell the poor girl that the bloke seems to be a bit of a tool? Well, I gave her my honest opinion of course. Are there really people in the 30's age bracket that can't email???

Stunned.

buy reading glasses and check again. in my country (Germany) prostitution is since several decades an acknowledged profession. prostitutes are paying tax and social insurance.

buy reading glasses and check again. in my country (Germany) prostitution is since several decades an acknowledged profession. prostitutes are paying tax and social insurance.

When I worked in Munich about 10 years ago I chanced upon a street 1 night that had a line of cars parked at the side with young ladies sat in them and the doors open showing a bit of leg. My understanding of this was that it is illegal to solicit clients on the street but is ok if in a car or building.

What's the point of the cut and paste, t.s.? All these post were already answered.

A swing back to the topic here.

Once you marry you become attached, however loosely or firmly to a family unit.

And not all incoming members may be ideal.

You can avoid most confrontations with a little skill but the things you can't change, you have to live with as part of the contract.

The OP has (or had) an unpleasant decision to make and I can understand his reticence.

nothing to do with you or the discussions in the other thread q, it was an off-topic branch, interestingly with another anti-german slant. i just thought that there was no point in discussing it further.

ts

Edited by t.s

The only west European country I know of where prostitution is illegal is Sweden, and that is a relative new law (few years) but in the UK. Norway, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, Spain and Itali prostitution is legal in one form or other, and I should think that covers the major countries in western Europe.

I can assure you being a prostitute in the UK is not illegal. Soliciting for the purpose of prostitution is. The girls try to get round the soliciting problem by putting stickers in phone booths but they were fine heavily and charged for the cost of cleaning the booths. Last I knew they were just putting card in the booths. There are other offences relating to prostitution that are illegal but I'm too lazy to go into it.

Being the only farang did have it's advantages for me. When it came to the sin sot, my mother in law said we just had to give a token amount as it wasn't part of my culture.

• 2 weeks later...
I certainly would never recommend any Farang, probably cos all the Farangs I see in Thailand are total rubbish.

Yourself included ? :o

He hangs out in a lot of scuzzy katooey massage parlours, that's why. :D